ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to time my ILR application considering baby's potential citizenship registration application & upcoming travel?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anonvtic
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: How to time my ILR application considering baby's potential citizenship registration application & upcoming travel?

Post by anonvtic » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:13 pm

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... anner=true
Dependant child
Introduction
Apply to extend or switch your visa or leave to remain as the child of someone that has one of the following visas:

Skilled Worker
Skilled Worker: Health and Care Visa
High Potential Individual
International Sportsperson
Global Talent
Start-up
Innovator
Student
Intra-Company Transfer
Intra-Company Graduate Trainee
Temporary Work
Tier 1, 2, 4 or 5
Graduate
Global Business Mobility

You should use this service if you are applying after the main applicant has already submitted their application or been granted leave in one of these categories.
But the main applicant (i.e. me) shall have moved onto ILR status, and won't be any of the above listed visas, right? And mum's visa is a dependent GTV which is also not listed here.

So, what will be the most suitable immigration route for the baby AFTER I have been granted ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to time my ILR application considering baby's potential citizenship registration application & upcoming travel?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:48 pm

It is still the GTV dependent visa, same as the child's mother. The rules permit this, we are not advising nonsense!!

There is no other visa category you can apply for. Regardless of your ilr, you apply for gtv dependent and select your last gtv visa in the process etc. Child's visa will have the same expiry date as the mother's visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.