ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Absences - Employer Letter and 1 day unpaid leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Queen T
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

ILR - Absences - Employer Letter and 1 day unpaid leave

Post by Queen T » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:52 pm

Hi All,

I have a few questions...hopefully you can assist.

1. My visa to come to UK was issued 18 Feb 2015, and then I moved to here and arrived 6 March 2015. Do I qualify for ILR 28 days before 18 Feb 2015? i.e end of January 2020 or 28 days before 6 March i.e mid February 2020?

2. During my time here I have spent 3 years working in the Channel Islands from 2016 to 2019 - the requirements around absence days and employee letters are slightly different from UK Mainland, i.e a letter confirming that you were employed from such date to such date suffices. As such, I have struggled to get a letter from one of my previous employers confirming the days I travelled were my annual leave days as they said it is not their policy to issue such letters. Instead I have a letter that states that all outstanding leave at end of employment was paid to me and that I took no unpaid leave during my employment. Will this suffice ? How can I go about this?

3. For one of my employers I took a day unpaid leave - only because I had already booked my travel back home before the time I started the job and I was 1 day short of leave accrued to year end. Would this be an issue?

Thank you in advance all for your help

immmmmy
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - Absences - Employer Letter and 1 day unpaid leave

Post by immmmmy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:07 pm

1. My visa to come to UK was issued 18 Feb 2015, and then I moved to here and arrived 6 March 2015. Do I qualify for ILR 28 days before 18 Feb 2015? i.e end of January 2020 or 28 days before 6 March i.e mid February 2020?

5 years continuous residence = 18 February 2020
You can apply a maximum of 28 days before this date
The period between the 18 Feb 2015 - 06 March 2015 is an absence that you need to add to your form

2. During my time here I have spent 3 years working in the Channel Islands from 2016 to 2019 - the requirements around absence days and employee letters are slightly different from UK Mainland, i.e a letter confirming that you were employed from such date to such date suffices. As such, I have struggled to get a letter from one of my previous employers confirming the days I travelled were my annual leave days as they said it is not their policy to issue such letters. Instead I have a letter that states that all outstanding leave at end of employment was paid to me and that I took no unpaid leave during my employment. Will this suffice ? How can I go about this?

Legal employment and residence in the channel islands is the same as living and residing on mainland UK. The letter you mentioned should be fine, as long as you outline all your absences in your application.

3. For one of my employers I took a day unpaid leave - only because I had already booked my travel back home before the time I started the job and I was 1 day short of leave accrued to year end. Would this be an issue?

This will be fine - you're allowed a maximum of 4 weeks unpaid leave in any calendar year

Queen T
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Queen T » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:08 pm

Thank you for your response @immmmmy

Queen T
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Documents submitted online question

Post by Queen T » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:24 am

The documents we upload online, do we have to carry the hard copies to the appointment as well?

Queen T
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Queen T » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:03 pm

Thank you @immmmmy or your help the other time - just wanted to update that my ILR was approved! Thanks again!