ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after 6 years of DL + Children Born in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Danny007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Afghanistan

ILR after 6 years of DL + Children Born in the UK

Post by Danny007 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:29 pm

I am really confused, and I do appreciate your help on the following matters.

• Date of arrival in the UK May 2002
• Applied Asylum application on May 2002
• Asylum application was refused but granted ELR 12.06.2002 – 15.08.2005
• Made an intime extension and that was refused on the 24.05.2007
• Applied a Fresh Claim in 2008
• Granted DLR on 18.12.2011 under the judicial review.
• The first DLR was granted from 18.12.2011 – 17.12.2014
• Made an intime FLR extension application and granted the second DLR on 11.06.2015 – 10.06.2018.
• My first child is born Nov.2014 in the UK and when I applied my my extension I included her name in my FLR application but didn’t pay for it. And she was granted the same visa as mine.
• The second child is just born last week.
Now I have already completed my 6 years DLR from 18.12.2011 – 18.12.2017 – DLR expiring on 10.06.2018.
My two children are born in the UK. I am not sure what application form do I need to fill, do I need to apply visa for children too or I should wait until I get my ILR and apply for Naturalisation for my children after I get my ILR?
Do I qualify to apply throw Premium service?

I appreciate your advice on the above matter.
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR after 6 years of DL + Children Born in the UK

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:39 pm

Your children can register for BC while you get ILR. They do not need ILR. You can use premium center for ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:36 am

Normally FLR(DL) as you where granted DL after a failed asylum, this is postal applications only.

To use premium service with an application of ILR you would use SET(O)
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Danny007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Danny007 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:34 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:39 pm
Your children can register for BC while you get ILR. They do not need ILR. You can use premium center for ILR
Thank you zimba88 for your prompt reply on the above matter.
CMOSUK wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:36 am
Normally FLR(DL) as you where granted DL after a failed asylum, this is postal applications only.

Thank you CMOSUK for your prompt reply.
Although my initial application was refused Asylum. Do I still qualify for the Premium service, because I heard from a friend that Premium Service will not accept SET(O) application if the applicants were granted DL after the a failed Asylum. they will recommend you to do it by post.
Please help correct me if the above is wrong. much appreciate your help.
About my daughter(born in the UK); she has the same visa as mine expiring on the same date, if I don't apply for her and wait for my ILR and then register her for BC. is not going to be a problem? as her extension will expire? I am so confused !

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:20 am

Danny007 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:34 pm
zimba88 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:39 pm
Thank you zimba88 for your prompt reply on the above matter.
CMOSUK wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:36 am

Thank you CMOSUK for your prompt reply.
Although my initial application was refused Asylum. Do I still qualify for the Premium service, because I heard from a friend that Premium Service will not accept SET(O) application if the applicants were granted DL after the a failed Asylum. they will recommend you to do it by post.
Please help correct me if the above is wrong. much appreciate your help.
About my daughter(born in the UK); she has the same visa as mine expiring on the same date, if I don't apply for her and wait for my ILR and then register her for BC. is not going to be a problem? as her extension will expire? I am so confused !
How old is your daughter?

My understanding is, if she was born in the UK, once you attain ILR you may register her as a BC, if she is under 10 years old and if she has never left the UK irrespective of if she does become an overstayer after expiry of visa, as I believe the period of overstaying will be ignored.

In regards to using SET(O), there have been many members recently that had DLR after a failed asylum application and applied for ILR using the premium service centre and were granted successfully.

If you click this link, I posted on this thread the members that had successfully been granted ILR, while on DLR after a failed asylum application.

If you click on each member, it will go to their thread and you will get a lot of information on for each member for their unique circumstances. If you have. Ore questions just ask here (in this thread).
Note***
Please could clarification be sought on my understanding of the above statement in regards to the OP daughter's status of she did become an overstayer and whether she could apply using form MN1 once the OP attains ILR.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Danny007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Danny007 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Thanks CMOSUK for your quick reply.
Thanks for sharing the links. I am going to check that.

My daughter is 3 years old and she only traveled to Europe few times.

Looking forward to hear from you.