ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application: first entered in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kundan-Yadav

ILR application: first entered in the UK

Post by Kundan-Yadav » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:15 am

Hi,
I'm hoping to get some help on the earliest date i can apply for ILR and answering this question on ILR set(O) form. Which says

"When did you first enter the UK? (Required)
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started."

I've searched the forum and found few threads where people have asked this question but still there's not much clarity and its been suggested it dependeds on type of visa you currently on.

I got my first tier 2 (G) visa granted on 31 Aug 2016 as stamped on the vignette. I applied for this visa from India.

Following that I first entered/arrived in the UK on 09 Sept 2016.

I do know that I can count this period between the above two dates towards my 5 years contineous period (provided total absence is less than 180 days)

If I do use this period then earliest i can apply for ILR is 31/08/2021 - 28 days = 03 Aug 2021 right? Although my current Tier 2 G visa is valid for another 8 months as i switched jobs.

So if i apply for ILR on 03 Aug 2021. What date should i mention as answer to first entered in the UK question? i.e. 31/08/2016 or 09/09/2016 ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application: first entered in the UK

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:32 am

The question is quite clear so not sure why you are confused. It clearly asks the date you ENTERED the UK and not 'date visa granted'. Simply answer the question with the date you entered the UK.

UKVI do actually know the rules!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kundan-Yadav

Post by Kundan-Yadav » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:11 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:32 am
The question is quite clear so not sure why you are confused. It clearly asks the date you ENTERED the UK and not 'date visa granted'. Simply answer the question with the date you entered the UK.

UKVI do actually know the rules!
Hahaha.. true, It's just the bit that says "when the period of stay you are basing this application on started." is confusing for me because the period of stay for application stared on 31/08/2016.

Anyways, like you said.. i'll just mention 09/09/2016 as date of entry but mention the period calculation in covering letter.

The earliest date i can apply for ILR would still be 03 Aug 2021 right ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:40 am

but mention the period calculation in covering letter.
It is NOT necessary. UKVI know the rules, you don't have to explain it to them.
The earliest date i can apply for ILR would still be 03 Aug 2021 right ?
Yes, if that is within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the initial visa issue date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kundan-Yadav

Post by Kundan-Yadav » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:48 am

Brilliant. Thanks for the help. :)