ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application for tier 1 (general) dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fanaqvi
Newly Registered

ILR application for tier 1 (general) dependent

Post by fanaqvi » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:59 pm

Hi,
I searched the forum but unfortunately couldn't find my answers so posting here.
I came to UK in feb 2010 on Tier 1 (general) visa. I got married in 2014 and my wife came here in May 2015 on my tier 1 (general) dependent visa. She has had 2 extensions for her tier 1 (general) dependent. In the meantime, I obtained my ILR Her current tier 1 (general) dependent visa is expiring on 2 Sep 2022. She has passed her SELT and life n UK exams. We are trying to apply for her ILR. However I can't find the option for Tier 1 (general) dependent in the form for family members ILR. The question is -
1. Is ILR still allowed for tier 1 (general) dependent.
2. If yes, which option to choose for this type of ILR applications. There are other Tier 1 options which don't apply to us.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application for tier 1 (general) dependent

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:17 am

On what basis did you get ilr? 5 years tier 1 or 10 years long residence?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fanaqvi
Newly Registered

Post by fanaqvi » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:47 pm

To answer your question, I got my ILR for completing 5 years on Tier 1 (general). My wife's BRP card mentions 'PBS dependent leave to remain'

Also, i found couple of forms but confused which one to use.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-o
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-m

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:18 pm

Form Set O
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fanaqvi
Newly Registered

Post by fanaqvi » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:09 pm

thank you so much. I have filled 'Form Set O'' (not submitted yet). Couple of doubts if you could help please.

1. There was a question the form -
Select a category in which you are applying for indefinite leave to remain.
I didn't find the 'PBS dependent' as my wife's BRP card says so I selected "Tier 1 or Global Talent dependants". Hope this is correct. As I said earlier, my original visa was Tier 1 (general).

2. The form, at the end gave me a document list. I am surprised that bank statements aren't in the list. However, they have asked for consent for our joint bank account as well me supporting her. I can't understand how they will check/verify this without us providing them the bank statements. Do you think if it's prudent to provide bank statements anyway
Following is the list they generated for us at the end of the form

Documents
Mandatory documents
The passport issued by India for Mrs XXX (my wife)
Other documents
Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on Mr XXX (me) for joint accounts or third party support
Evidence of Mrs XXX (my wife)s immigration status in the UK
Declaration signed by Mr XXX (me) to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
Current Biometric Residence Permit for Mrs XXX (my wife)
All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK

fanaqvi
Newly Registered

Post by fanaqvi » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:26 pm

Dear experts,

Can someone please help?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:57 am

1. Tier 1 is correct
2. There is no need for bank account statements. You can use ANY evidence for cohabitation
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice