ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application short of few days - successful cases required

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anuj09
Newly Registered
India

ILR application short of few days - successful cases required

Post by anuj09 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:15 am

Hi All

I have gone through many post on ILR application date falling by few days and the recommendation is to submit the form just a day before the visa is getting expired and applying/taking for biometric appointment the date after you are actually applicable.

I assume many people might have followed this approach but what I have not seen is the result posted on the forum and were there any questions or issues raised by the caseworkers.

Can someone who has followed the approach share their experience and guide the do's/don'ts for following this.

PS - I have following short by 19 dates before applying for ILR.

Regards
AM

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application short of few days - successful cases required

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:41 am

Many have done this and been successful. We don't need a topic specific to this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Post by garrick » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:44 pm

What is the issue in asking for successful cases?

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:26 pm

garrick wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:44 pm
I was short of over 20 days, my solicitor varied the application at last moment from flr fp to ilr, it took 5 month for decision and was successful
Flro applied 23.02.14
Varied application to SET LR 3.3.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:56 am

garrick wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:44 pm
It is common knowledge and is it is based on how the rules apply and the law works. There are many success stories too.
See: indefinite-leave-to-remain/dependent-el ... l#p2072912

'Share your experience' posts often involve reports that lack context or proper information on someone's circumstance, immigration history, etc and are often unique to such applicants. Their experience may not have anything to do with your case. Such topics are also quite difficult to follow and moderate.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice