ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Help

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

excellent
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by excellent » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:18 pm

mirzanaseer79 wrote:Hi Excellent,

Thanks for your input.

I hope you have share your timeline.
Application Cat: TIER 1 GENERAL
When Application Made: 15 MARCH 2016
BRP Completion Date: completed on 22 March 2016
First Letter for Interview:the only interview letter
Second Letter confirming Interview Date: none
Interview Date:
first week in Jan 2017

maomaopig
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by maomaopig » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Thanks for this forum, i have attended the interview, the questions i have been asked are the same as noted in this forum.

I have just completed my interview:

Please find the below questions which i have been asked:
1.Name
2.what's visa status.
3.date of birth
4.employment - what's your company name?salary?how many days you work?
5 self-employment -
a. what's your company name?
b. what's your main job?
c. since i am a contractor, they asked me why the company hired you as a contractor.
d. what's the purpose of your job? why the company needs you to work on this job?
e.how to balance your life between self-employment and employment
f.how many days/hours you worked for self-employment?
g.how you charged?
h.How it get to be paid? bank account?
6.Tax
a. do you have any amendment?
b. when did you paid all your tax?
c. If you have business/accounting background, why you delayed to complete tax return?
d. have you paid tax for this year?
e. when did you file for this year?
f. when did you pay it this year?

Self-employment - focus on the current year.
Tax- focus on every year
The interviewer is a professional consultant - such as a lawyer. Since the interviewer needs to write down everything what you have told, it will take more time to complete self-employment's question&answer. the interviewer is a very nice person, she will smile to you and the purpose of this interview is understand what you are doing in self-employment and how is your tax payment status?

when it is finished, i asked when i will receive this result, it mentioned i will receive it shortly since this is final step to make decision. My lawyer has advised it would take 2 or 4 weeks to get the result.

Hope it will help you. Good Luck for myself and everyone.

If there are any issues, please let me know.

ThisisA
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:40 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by ThisisA » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:55 pm

maomaopig wrote:Thanks for this forum, i have attended the interview, the questions i have been asked are the same as noted in this forum.

I have just completed my interview:

Please find the below questions which i have been asked:
1.Name
2.what's visa status.
3.date of birth
4.employment - what's your company name?salary?how many days you work?
5 self-employment -
a. what's your company name?
b. what's your main job?
c. since i am a contractor, they asked me why the company hired you as a contractor.
d. what's the purpose of your job? why the company needs you to work on this job?
e.how to balance your life between self-employment and employment
f.how many days/hours you worked for self-employment?
g.how you charged?
h.How it get to be paid? bank account?
6.Tax
a. do you have any amendment?
b. when did you paid all your tax?
c. If you have business/accounting background, why you delayed to complete tax return?
d. have you paid tax for this year?
e. when did you file for this year?
f. when did you pay it this year?

Self-employment - focus on the current year.
Tax- focus on every year
The interviewer is a professional consultant - such as a lawyer. Since the interviewer needs to write down everything what you have told, it will take more time to complete self-employment's question&answer. the interviewer is a very nice person, she will smile to you and the purpose of this interview is understand what you are doing in self-employment and how is your tax payment status?

when it is finished, i asked when i will receive this result, it mentioned i will receive it shortly since this is final step to make decision. My lawyer has advised it would take 2 or 4 weeks to get the result.

Hope it will help you. Good Luck for myself and everyone.

If there are any issues, please let me know.
Thanks for the update, were you on T1 General?

dayaaglam
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by dayaaglam » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Mufeezfaiz wrote:Hello Everyone,

I was interviewed on Friday.

Please see below Qs

Name
Address
Employment
Company name
Time with the company
Position

Focused on SE
Company name
Address
Services
How do you manage time
Qualification obtained to secure contracts n employment
How do you market you self
Charges compare to Market rate

Client 1: Time period when the services provided and what services

Client 1/2 office detail
Services provided to them
Where do you meet clients

Do you know so and so?

Accountant detail
Fees paid to Accountant

Tax return filed?
Breakdown from E and SE

Registered with Any body ? I.e HMRC VAT Etc

18 mins Interview via video in VFS office...
hi
thanks for the info
you were self employed or Company Director? Did they ask u to fill any form ?

dayaaglam
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by dayaaglam » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:53 pm

Aditi12 wrote:
math123 wrote:Hi inoka and aditi how was the interview... How long was it for? Can you share your experiences... hope it went well......
Math123

My interview was today and it went well I believe rest only God and case worker know
. Interview questions .
Almost 46 questions asked to me
Self employment
1) how does the client pay you ? Interviewer himself said I m sure if your business bank account

2) where do you work ? From home or their premises - their premises

3) describe the office in detail - discruption given in detail

4) do they have board outside of their name - yes if you Google it as well you will see it

5) is your company registered with all got departments - yes (then he was like you know what can you name a few so I can write that in detail - I said hmrc vat company's house )

6) how many hours do you work - 37 and a half .flexible working

7) so what do you do ; do you go home if there is no work ? No I don't I have rotational days off and work 4 days

8) do you have any rent to pay to them if you work in their premises - interviewer himself why would you pay rent to a bank if you
require their contractor and we both started laughing

9) any business expenses - not really apart from a public liability insurance

10) how do you travel there - I walk or sometimes go with a colleague of mine

11) address of the company - given address

12) do you have an accountant - yes

13 ) where is he based - told them where he is

14) name of the accountant - given

15) how much do you earn annually - for some reason I gave a daily rate I am on + vat which I receive and he then said OK I will
but it as daily they will do it themselves

16) how much tax did you pay - I went blank and said I can't remember the figure on top of my head but if you want any documents I can provide you later

Employment questions
17) when did you join - given the date

18) how much do you claim over all in your app - 42k

19) how much is it from se and employment please give breakdown - 30k se and 12k approx from employment

Mixed se and employment questions
20 ) what is your role in se - said that

21) job role in employment - given that

22) are all your taxes paid - yes

23) do you have a overseas income - no

24) how does your employer pay - interviewer himself I am sure in your personal account - yes

25) there is a transaction in your bank account to some xyz Ltd company what is that - credit card payment

26) business expenses - no personal

27) do you have any business expenses - no

28) how do you manage se and emp together - as mentioned before I have a flexible se with my contract

29) how many hours - 37 and a half

30) how many hours in employment - depends more of less about 30 - 35 hours

31) so what days do you work - as I mentioned before I am rotationally off from my contracting and work the other 3 days in emp

32) do you ever work from home for the se- no

33) do you claim any expenses - no
34) how do you market yourself - I don't as I just work in se for 1 contract
35) how do you find more contracts - the interviewer himself laughed and said why would you.
36) do you have a website - again he wrote himself
(The rest 10 questions like some in the above last were just going round and round on same things)
Then the interviewer said himself I duno why they have even bothered to ask you to come or ask these questions I have seen today 6 people they had very technical questions about declarations on profits etc ; your questions are very generic.
I will make sure I send this to your cw by this afternoon hopefully you should receive a decision with 2 to 3 weeks.

That's all guys any questions I am more than happy to discuss individually .
Hope this helps
Hi Aditi12
Du u have any update after the interview?
you were self employed or Company Director?
did u fill out any form during the interview

Shaz321
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by Shaz321 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:36 pm

wasi36 wrote:No update yet. I have seen recently HO is taking exact 6 months on most of applications
Hi @wasi36, Did you get the result for your interview with Home Office?

Shaz321
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by Shaz321 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:53 pm

kapil83 wrote:Guys

Any update from your end?? Wasi any update friend?? i think its been 6 months from your end and 4 months since your interview.. my friend is still waiting nearing 5 months since being interviewed.. Other members please share the news who had been interviewed..
Hi kapil83, has your friend received the result for his interview with Home Office ?

Shaz321
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by Shaz321 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:00 pm

Aditi12 wrote:Math vesh miraj and anyone if have missed.
guys I haven't heard anything yet
Please be rest assured I will update you guys here for sure.

All the best to everyone who 's waiting
Hi Aditi12, Have you heard from HO after your interview?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 76504
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:16 pm

Shaz321 wrote:
Aditi12 wrote:Math vesh miraj and anyone if have missed.
guys I haven't heard anything yet
Please be rest assured I will update you guys here for sure.

All the best to everyone who 's waiting
Hi Aditi12, Have you heard from HO after your interview?
Can you please stop posting a new post asking every member if they have an update, in this topic and the Postal ILR sticky topic. If members wish to update, I am sure they will.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aditi12
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:18 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by Aditi12 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:16 am

No guys

No update :(

bk27
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:33 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by bk27 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a interview this week, can you please let me know what questions will be asked.

I have a limited company and director of the company- also, I work as a IT contractor. I am struggling to understand if I am treated as self employed or Sole trader?

Thanks

Vesh123
Junior Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:40 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by Vesh123 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:01 pm

bk27 wrote:Hi Guys,

I have a interview this week, can you please let me know what questions will be asked.

I have a limited company and director of the company- also, I work as a IT contractor. I am struggling to understand if I am treated as self employed or Sole trader?

Thanks
Hi Guys , does it really matter to have the website for business? What would be the best reply if someone does not has website and how they got business and clients?

I would be very thankful to you if someone help me on this?

Thanks
Vesh

mpath
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:47 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by mpath » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:34 pm

bk27 wrote:Hi Guys,

I have a interview this week, can you please let me know what questions will be asked.

I have a limited company and director of the company- also, I work as a IT contractor. I am struggling to understand if I am treated as self employed or Sole trader?

Thanks
Hello bk27,

I have a limited company , director of the company and working as an IT Contractor. I have an interview as well. Can you please let me know, what questions they asked you in your interview?
I am not clear as well whether director of a ltd company is self employed or sole trader or employee of my own company?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 76504
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:04 pm

Is there any reason why posters in this topic cannot read the thread and see that the questions have already been posted by user 'Aditi12' :idea:

Also see the link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 03628.html
Aditi12 wrote:Math123

My interview was today and it went well I believe rest only God and case worker know
. Interview questions .
Almost 46 questions asked to me
Self employment
1) how does the client pay you ? Interviewer himself said I m sure if your business bank account

2) where do you work ? From home or their premises - their premises

3) describe the office in detail - discruption given in detail

4) do they have board outside of their name - yes if you Google it as well you will see it

5) is your company registered with all got departments - yes (then he was like you know what can you name a few so I can write that in detail - I said hmrc vat company's house )

6) how many hours do you work - 37 and a half .flexible working

7) so what do you do ; do you go home if there is no work ? No I don't I have rotational days off and work 4 days

8) do you have any rent to pay to them if you work in their premises - interviewer himself why would you pay rent to a bank if you
require their contractor and we both started laughing

9) any business expenses - not really apart from a public liability insurance

10) how do you travel there - I walk or sometimes go with a colleague of mine

11) address of the company - given address

12) do you have an accountant - yes

13 ) where is he based - told them where he is

14) name of the accountant - given

15) how much do you earn annually - for some reason I gave a daily rate I am on + vat which I receive and he then said OK I will
but it as daily they will do it themselves

16) how much tax did you pay - I went blank and said I can't remember the figure on top of my head but if you want any documents I can provide you later

Employment questions
17) when did you join - given the date

18) how much do you claim over all in your app - 42k

19) how much is it from se and employment please give breakdown - 30k se and 12k approx from employment

Mixed se and employment questions
20 ) what is your role in se - said that

21) job role in employment - given that

22) are all your taxes paid - yes

23) do you have a overseas income - no

24) how does your employer pay - interviewer himself I am sure in your personal account - yes

25) there is a transaction in your bank account to some xyz Ltd company what is that - credit card payment

26) business expenses - no personal

27) do you have any business expenses - no

28) how do you manage se and emp together - as mentioned before I have a flexible se with my contract

29) how many hours - 37 and a half

30) how many hours in employment - depends more of less about 30 - 35 hours

31) so what days do you work - as I mentioned before I am rotationally off from my contracting and work the other 3 days in emp

32) do you ever work from home for the se- no

33) do you claim any expenses - no
34) how do you market yourself - I don't as I just work in se for 1 contract
35) how do you find more contracts - the interviewer himself laughed and said why would you.
36) do you have a website - again he wrote himself
(The rest 10 questions like some in the above last were just going round and round on same things)
Then the interviewer said himself I duno why they have even bothered to ask you to come or ask these questions I have seen today 6 people they had very technical questions about declarations on profits etc ; your questions are very generic.
I will make sure I send this to your cw by this afternoon hopefully you should receive a decision with 2 to 3 weeks.

That's all guys any questions I am more than happy to discuss individually .
Hope this helps
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

richtich
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:37 am

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by richtich » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:45 pm

mchifos2 wrote:Hi Guys and Girls,

Just a quick update on my application:

App. submitted: 19/01/16
Biometrics: within 1 week
First Correspondence: Early October about interview
Interview: Late October:
Biometric received: Yesterday

All, I can say is that this forum has been really helpful. Also, best wishes for people awaiting their outcomes.

One thing I realized during this whole waiting period is that this is not the end of life. Whatever happens, it happens for a reason.

"To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist."—Gail Sheehy, Author
Congrats mchifos2 . I completed my 10 years this February 2017 but i am still waiting for decision of my ILR set(0) application I applied in june 2016. how was your interview ? i read some posts about CW grilling the applicant. Could you please post questions you were asked ? thanks

Shanu111
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by Shanu111 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi
I have a letter from HO today.after 11 months.they inform me they need to arrange an interview.don't know what questions they gonna ask.

Shanu111
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by Shanu111 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:42 pm

Shaz321 wrote:
kapil83 wrote:Guys

Any update from your end?? Wasi any update friend?? i think its been 6 months from your end and 4 months since your interview.. my friend is still waiting nearing 5 months since being interviewed.. Other members please share the news who had been interviewed..
Hi kapil83, has your friend received the result for his interview with Home Office ?
Hi there
Have your friend heard anything from home office regarding his interview or still waiting?

Shanu111
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by Shanu111 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:02 pm

bellos wrote:
Koolking wrote:Hi just a quick question

I saw a few posts saying they recieve a letter where it states the ho normally take 6 months time but now interview.

When i applied in may 2016 for ilr along with my misses tier 1 depdendant extension we recieved biometric letters. Mine says they normally take 6 months and my misses letter states they normally take 8 weeks to process application.

The letter for interview i recieved has my case id and both of our names mentioned below and states that they normally take 8 weeks to process application but now they want interview me.

A bit confused as other guys letter states 6 months and mine states 8 weeks. Not sure if they are trying to interview both of us for relationship purposes.

Any idea guys.
Hi Koolking,

I am in a similar position with you. I applied for my ILR (SET O) and my wife's Tier 1 - General Dependent Extension (both on 20th May 2016).
We both received different confirmation and Biometric request letters.

I later received a letter on 12th July saying my application cannot be decided within 6 Months as I need to be interviewed. I am still awaiting the appointment letter

But unlike your case, my wife has not received any further communication from the Home Office after her Biometrics.

So I will presume they wish to interview you both. The standard time for ILR is 6 months.....it is therefore very unlikely for them to be referring to your application in that stated 8-week period.

PS: my wife and I submitted separate applications to different Home Office addresses. I did this based on UKVI advice when I called them to explain my circumstance.

Hi
How long did they take to arrange an interview after you received the first letter?

holla007
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:20 am

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by holla007 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:11 pm

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update on my application:

App. submitted: 08/02/16
Application Acknowledged: 02/03/2016
Biometrics Taken: 07/03/2016
First Correspondence: 26/07/2016 about interview
Interview: Late October 2016
Biometric received: Today 09/03/2017

To tell you all, this forum has been really helpful before, during and after my application.

But i need to say its been fun all the way, because losing a well paid job and couldn't execute a huge contract in between the application process and no way of getting a new job with family having a new born outside the country , One thing I realized during this whole waiting period is that " never give up on your dreams" whatever happens, it does for a reason.

Also, best wishes to people awaiting their outcomes.

Vegeta
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:10 pm
India

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by Vegeta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:40 pm

Congratulations Holla007

Locked
cron