ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Interview called after post application of 6 month

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shumon_70
Newly Registered

ILR Interview called after post application of 6 month

Post by shumon_70 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:03 am

I applied 6 months ago 4 ILR via post based on married to a british citizen, i came to Uk in 2002 as a student, got married in 2007. Now I was called for an interview with my wife. They asked us to take council tax letter with us and recent bills. Why would they call for interview after 6 months? Any idea what question they could ask on the interview?

djb123
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Interview called after post application of 6 month

Post by djb123 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:16 am

shumon_70 wrote:I applied 6 months ago 4 ILR via post based on married to a british citizen, i came to Uk in 2002 as a student, got married in 2007. Now I was called for an interview with my wife. They asked us to take council tax letter with us and recent bills. Why would they call for interview after 6 months? Any idea what question they could ask on the interview?
Have you been claiming any discounts on your council tax that you might not have been entitled to (eg single person discount)? As that is what I guess they think you have been doing.

shumon_70
Newly Registered

Post by shumon_70 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:33 am

djb123 wrote:
shumon_70 wrote:I applied 6 months ago 4 ILR via post based on married to a british citizen, i came to Uk in 2002 as a student, got married in 2007. Now I was called for an interview with my wife. They asked us to take council tax letter with us and recent bills. Why would they call for interview after 6 months? Any idea what question they could ask on the interview?
Have you been claiming any discounts on your council tax that you might not have been entitled to (eg single person discount)? As that is what I guess they think you have been doing.
If they wanted just the coucil tax bill, they could ask me to send the bill via post instead of calling us to sheffield. I got a letter from the council saying i am not liable for council tax because i live in a house with multiple tenant.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:43 am

shumon_70 wrote:
djb123 wrote:
If they wanted just the coucil tax bill, they could ask me to send the bill via post instead of calling us to sheffield. I got a letter from the council saying i am not liable for council tax because i live in a house with multiple tenant.
It seems to be quite usual for them to call people in for interviews when they have concerns about the payment of council tax.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:29 am

It could simply be for recent proof of address and identification as your application is now 6 months old.

samasama
Newly Registered

Post by samasama » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:45 am

i just got back but was not asked for council tax bill.asked loads of question but submitted loads of documents on my own again

shumon_70
Newly Registered

Post by shumon_70 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:56 pm

samasama wrote:i just got back but was not asked for council tax bill.asked loads of question but submitted loads of documents on my own again
Mine i Have already submitted via post. it is a postal application 6 months ago. but still called for an interview. just Needed to know what sort question do they ask. if someone could explain pls.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:53 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote: It could simply be for recent proof of address and identification as your application is now 6 months old.
So why ask call them in for an interview and ask specifically for council tax letter?
shumon_70 wrote: Mine i Have already submitted via post. it is a postal application 6 months ago. but still called for an interview. just Needed to know what sort question do they ask. if someone could explain pls.
Try this link for a recent experience. Doesn't sound that nice.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=57859