ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on Ten Years Long Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:47 pm

Dear experts,

Hope you are well. I have a query regarding ILR ten years route, and it would be really appreciated if I could get supported!

(1) My 10 years will be completed on the 30th June 2019. By law, I have to apply 28 days before the eligible date (i.e. 30th June) but my visa is until next year. In the application, it is asking, "Time in the UK" that states "How long have you lived in the UK" Box 1 shows Years and Box 2 shows Months. In case, I submit my application, let say, on the 6th June 2019, what should I put in years and months boxes. Can I put just 10 in the years box? I am confused here.

(2) I have one child, 1 year old and born here in the UK. We have got just the baby's birth certificate. We didnt make her my own country national identity card or passport yet, but have applied which takes 6-8 weeks. In the application, it is asking the baby's detail country of nationality in a give box. What suppose to be put there, my country name or British, even she does not have either?

Many thanks
Regards,
SK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR on Ten Years Long Route

Post by CR001 » Sun May 26, 2019 3:06 pm

1. The is no "law" that says you must apply 28 days before. It is merely a concession granted by HO and is the earliest you can apply, ie. Within 28 days before the 10th anniversary of the date you entered the UK. You can apply at any time after this and before your visa expires.

2. What is the nationality of the parents? Unclear which application you are referring to asking about your child, please clarify?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:07 pm

The is no "law" that says you must apply 28 days before.
Let me clarify more, I came to UK on the 30th June 2009. Now I would apply for ILR within the 28 days of 30th June. Let say I submit online application on the 6th June 2019 which comes within the 28 days. My query is in this case, what should I write to answer "How long have you lived in the UK"? Can I answer 10 years? because there are two boxes; one for years and other for months. If I put 9 in years box then I cannot put 11 months and six days in the other box.

Regarding my second query, I am on student visa and wife is dependent on me and we both have Pakistani nationalities. Our child born here in the UK and we have just the child birth certificate. Once I get ILR, I would apply for the child British citizenship via naturalisation. In my ILR application, they are asking for the baby details (the baby is just one year old). They are asking for the baby nationality in the online form, and the baby does not have any nationality because the baby born here. We have applied for the baby's Pakistani nationality and it takes 6-8 weeks to arrive. Can I write her nationality as Pakistani, and then submit the receipt of her application we received from the Pakistani consulate, with my main application form because they are asking for all our documents including the baby ones. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:10 pm

The child has the same nationality as the parents.

Unclear what form is asking for the child's nationality. Long residence does not permit dependents so what form exactly is asking and what is the exact question? Note that we do NOT have access or sight of the online forms.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:30 pm

Thanks. So, I can write ten years I have lived in the UK when submit application within 28 days?

The application is Set (LR). When filling this application online, there is one section which asks for the child nationality. They ask " do you have any children aged 18 years or under who are living in the UK? I wrote yes. Then asks the child title, first and surname , country of nationality, date of birth, place of birth and country of birth.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:06 pm

Then you state the child is a Pakistan citizen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:12 pm

Thanks

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi Experts,

I am going to apply for ILR on long route in the next few days through super priority scheme. I have got ready my all documents. I have a confusion, when I submit the online application, do I also need to upload all the scanned copies of the documents OR do I just need to take all the documents with me to the centre on appointment date where they would scan and upload all the documents?

Thanks

Regards,
SK

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:43 pm

Hi Saleem

As far as I know, there are two ways to do that.

You can scan and upload the documents on the online portal and when you'll go for the appointment take the documents with you (that you scanned and uploaded).They will verify the documents you uploaded are original.

OR

Take the documents with you and they'll scan and upload for you.

This is what I have heard from other people. But I'll wait for CR001 to reply as she is the most experienced here.

When is your appointment and how much VISA fee you have paid for super priority service?
Is there a fee for appointment booking?

Kind regards

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:13 am

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I have not booked the appointment yet. I am just waiting for the reply. Once I confirm it I will then make a folder of all documents which have to be uploaded even though I have almost all but just waiting for the bank statements. I think the whole fee including super priority is around £3200.

Thanks

Regards,
SK

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:05 am

Hi Saleem

I have heard that booking an apponintment costs some what between £50 and £300 which on top of £3,200 that you would pay at the time of submitting the application.

I was told that there are free appointments as well with the croydon office but that takes ages.

So lets see what you come accross and kindly keep us posted. I have the same scenario as yours. I came to the UK on the 25 june 2009. But will apply on the 26th june.

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:52 am

Thanks. Why you want to apply on the 26th June. You can apply now on the basis of 28 days. Yes they may charge you extra of uploading the documents. If already uploaded then dont think so.

What documents have you accumulated including for supporting documents for staying here.

Thanks

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:42 am

Hi Saleem

Apologies for the delayed response. I had a busy weekend.

My original plan was to apply just after 28th May i.e. 28 days before. But I had couple of personal matters to finalise and I couldn't apply. I'll be free post 20th June and will apply.

At the moment, I have the following:
1- Passports
2- Life in the UK
3- English Language (Msc. Degree from a UK university)
Nothing else so far as been busy. So plan is to get the documents sorted by the weekend.

Can I request to keep us posted with the steps that you'll follow so we can all benefit.

Best wishes and prayers for your VISA and I hope all goes smooth.

Kind regards

Talha

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:06 pm

Hi Talha,

Thanks. Yes why not. I was also waiting for the bank statements. One just arrived but not enough. I then took prints to the concerned bank and got stamped there. I then went to library to get them scanned but unfortunately the scanner there wasnt working. I just used my mobile scanner and made the whole folder including life in the UK, Marriage cert, MS.. transcripts, baby birth cert, joint bank statement, utility bills, housing letter etc.... The important docs are life in the uk, marriage cert, transcripts, and all previous and current passports.

Thanks

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:49 am

Hi Saleem

Are you just including bank statements for the proof of address purposes?

Kind regards

Talha

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:53 am

saleemkhan1 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:06 pm
Hi Talha,

Thanks. Yes why not. I was also waiting for the bank statements. One just arrived but not enough. I then took prints to the concerned bank and got stamped there. I then went to library to get them scanned but unfortunately the scanner there wasnt working. I just used my mobile scanner and made the whole folder including life in the UK, Marriage cert, MS.. transcripts, baby birth cert, joint bank statement, utility bills, housing letter etc.... The important docs are life in the uk, marriage cert, transcripts, and all previous and current passports.

Thanks
Why are you submitting bank statements, utility bills, housing letter etx for long residence ILR?? They are NOT requirement if you have all your passports.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:59 am

Hi CR001

Sorry its not my post but because the form we are filing in is asking for it.

Form is also asking to prove the relationship with the wife and asking to prove that we live together at the same address for last two years with the help of proof of address at the same address.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:02 pm

None of that is required for long residence ilr. The guidance is clear on what needs to be submitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ttcg

Post by ttcg » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi CR001,

It's not my post but to clarify... If we chose we are married to the British Citizen, we have to submit 2 years' documents (+marriage certificate) to prove that we live at the same address as talreh20 said.

However, if ur spouse is not a British Citizen, it's not required. When my wife applied her ILR some years ago, I wasn't a British Citizen and she didn't need to send those extra documents. But when I tried to fill the dummy application form for my ILR (which I will apply soon), it's asking those extra documents.

Things might have been changed.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Hi TTCG

The form that we are completing SET (LR) asks the name of the spouse and the nationality. In my case, my wife isn't british nor EEA citizen but still the form asks for the proof of marriage and the proof that we lived together for last two years.

So the list seems incorrect as indicated by Zimba on one of my posts.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Hi Saleem

Have you filed the application yet?

kind regards

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:06 pm

Talha,

The process is very straight forward. When you submit the ILR online application including super priority service as it will be shown on the screen which one you are going to go with, standard or super priority, you then download and print the consent form, sign it the part 1 and part 2 by your wife if there is any joint account you both have. After submission, you will get email confirmation. In the next stage, go for appointment through Sopra Steria. You will put your email and password for registration. Once it is done, you will get a code via email, then use your login detail and go for service selection. I advise you to go for the core service that will cost you £100. Try to pay from a different card than you used for the application fee. When you pay £100, you will get confirmation with an invoice.

Take scans in grey scale (background) of all your documents and start uploading documents to different sections on Sopra Steria and the signed consent form should go to the application documents. Try to get the early morning appointment. Take all the documents with you, BUT they they just scan your current passport and do not even look your other documents. You will do all fingerprints, photo and signature by self-service. It takes 5-10 minutes if you have already uploaded all the scanned documents. Finally, check your email after 7-8 hours, hope you will get your decision. Please do not be panic for only a card! life is full of tests and try to compete every challenge. Good Luck :(
Thanks

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:46 pm

Hi Saleem

Many thanks for explaining the whole process.
Have you got the decision yet if you have already applied?

Kind regards

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:47 am

Done everything Alhamdulellah. Must take the barcode document you will receive via email. I advise you to submit your application today and get an appointment early in the morning on Monday at the nearest Sopra Steria office, so you have two days to scan and upload all the documents. If you dont scan and upload , the Supra Steria staff will scan and upload your documents for free as this service includes in the core service of £100. If you are able to get appointment in the morning, you will get the decision by evening time. Good luck

omabrowniee
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by omabrowniee » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:30 am

saleemkhan1 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 2:30 pm
Thanks. So, I can write ten years I have lived in the UK when submit application within 28 days?

The application is Set (LR). When filling this application online, there is one section which asks for the child nationality. They ask " do you have any children aged 18 years or under who are living in the UK? I wrote yes. Then asks the child title, first and surname , country of nationality, date of birth, place of birth and country of birth.

Many thanks

Why not wait (for your peace of mind)till you have clocked exactly 10years in the UK, what is the rush since you still a valid Visa