Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (set M) when to apply

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eversmann
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Using old IELTS certificate for ILR and SELT unique electronic reference number

Post by eversmann » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:20 am

Hello,

I am applying for settlement as spouse of a British citizen.

I originally did the IELTS for my entry in 2014.
Although it expires after 2 years, I was able to use the same certificate for my extension in 2017.
I can use this certificate again as:
1. It was accepted for a previous application
2. Test centre is still listed as per latest document below (the address of the centre had changed, but the centre ID listed in my certificate from the same country/city is listed below - it is a permanent centre).
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... y_2019.pdf

Two questions please:
1. Can I use the test report form number on the bottom right as the SELT unique no - my certificate looks similar to https://www.freelancer.in/u/avik7/portf ... te-4369707
2. Have I misunderstood any of the changed rules, and do I have to do an english test again?

Many Thanks

User avatar
Zimba
Moderator
Posts: 9914
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: UK
Mood:

Re: Using old IELTS certificate for ILR and SELT unique electronic reference number

Post by Zimba » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:11 pm

You do not need to sit the test again. Your old test will be acceptable
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. DO NOT contact me via private messages for advice

eversmann
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: Using old IELTS certificate for ILR and SELT unique electronic reference number

Post by eversmann » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:49 pm

Thanks for confirming.

Can I use the "test report form number" as the unique reference?

User avatar
Zimba
Moderator
Posts: 9914
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: UK
Mood:

Re: Using old IELTS certificate for ILR and SELT unique electronic reference number

Post by Zimba » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:39 pm

You should be able to use any reference to the old IELTS
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. DO NOT contact me via private messages for advice

Korekt
Junior Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 21, 2019 10:02 am
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Using old IELTS certificate for ILR and SELT unique electronic reference number

Post by Korekt » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:08 am

eversmann wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:49 pm
Can I use the "test report form number" as the unique reference?
Which settlement application exactly is being made, FLR extension or ILR?

What level was the original test in 2014?

eversmann
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: Using old IELTS certificate for ILR and SELT unique electronic reference number

Post by eversmann » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:48 am

Korekt wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:08 am
eversmann wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:49 pm
Can I use the "test report form number" as the unique reference?
Which settlement application exactly is being made, FLR extension or ILR?

What level was the original test in 2014?
This application is for ILR (after 5 years).
Original test in 2014 was IELTS General Training - overall band 6.5.
This was accepted in 2017 for FLR extension (although it had expired after 2 years).

Thanks

eversmann
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: Using old IELTS certificate for ILR and SELT unique electronic reference number

Post by eversmann » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:49 am

Zimba wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:39 pm
You should be able to use any reference to the old IELTS
Thanks for confirming.

eversmann
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Family, Social Groups and Cultural ties questions

Post by eversmann » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:39 pm

I found a couple of "tricky" questions in my ILR (SET M) online form. I would like to here from previous applicants/moderators to make sure I don't over complicate the answers for these.

1. Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
I answer Yes - my parents and a married sibling still live there, and I just simply mentioned that.

2. Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
Yes, I said I have some school friends.

3. Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
I answer Yes - Saying I am not part of any social groups. I have family and visit them on holidays.

Is this too simple? are they expecting me to write more? --- We travel to the home country at least once a year (always stick to less than 90 days to meet the requirement). I am not sure what they are trying to establish here, and there seems to be a overlap between question 1 and 3.

Thank you.

User avatar
aman90
Diamond Member
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:41 pm

Re: Family, Social Groups and Cultural ties questions

Post by aman90 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:49 pm

No need to over think this..whatever stated is fine.

eversmann
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 pm

ILR (set M) when to apply

Post by eversmann » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:09 pm

Hello,

Just want to clarify the date in which I am eligible to apply:
Many guidance documents say, I must complete 60 months (5 year route).
And also not apply more than 28 days before your leave expires.

My entry to UK was 31/08/2014.
Therefore I assume I am eligible to apply 28 days before 31/08/2019. I am looking to book the premium appointment for mid August just to be on a safe side.

Couple of things confusing me:
1. There was a question in the form asking for "Time lived in the UK" - I answered 4 years and 11 months. Hope this is okay? or should I fill this as 5 years (despite applying within the 28 day window before)
2. My BRP card has an expiry date of January 2020 - This shouldn't be a problem in this context right?

I am keen to get this done soon as possible, hence the questions.

Thank you.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 63374
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR (set M) when to apply

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:32 pm

It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have on the same application. Topics merged. Please stick to one topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eversmann
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: ILR (set M) when to apply

Post by eversmann » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:32 pm
It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have on the same application. Topics merged. Please stick to one topic.
Sorry, Thanks for letting me know.

eversmann
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: ILR (set M) when to apply

Post by eversmann » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:02 am

eversmann wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:09 pm
Hello,

Just want to clarify the date in which I am eligible to apply:
Many guidance documents say, I must complete 60 months (5 year route).
And also not apply more than 28 days before your leave expires.

My entry to UK was 31/08/2014.
Therefore I assume I am eligible to apply 28 days before 31/08/2019. I am looking to book the premium appointment for mid August just to be on a safe side.

Couple of things confusing me:
1. There was a question in the form asking for "Time lived in the UK" - I answered 4 years and 11 months. Hope this is okay? or should I fill this as 5 years (despite applying within the 28 day window before)
2. My BRP card has an expiry date of January 2020 - This shouldn't be a problem in this context right?

I am keen to get this done soon as possible, hence the questions.

Thank you.
Any advice on this please?
Should I be on the safe side and book an appointment after 60 month completion? or anytime within the 28 window is okay (but I put 60 months for the "Time lived in the UK" question in the application)

User avatar
aman90
Diamond Member
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:41 pm

Re: ILR (set M) when to apply

Post by aman90 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:26 am

You can apply 60 months minus 28 days only!
The biometric appointment date is irrelevant!

If I’m not mistaken.. spouse dependants can apply initial visa issue date minus 28 days ie on reaching 60 months

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 63374
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR (set M) when to apply

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:30 am

aman90 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:26 am
You can apply 60 months minus 28 days only!
The biometric appointment date is irrelevant!

If I’m not mistaken.. spouse dependants can apply initial visa issue date minus 28 days ie on reaching 60 months
No, that is ONLY for PBS Dependents. Set(M) spouse of British citizen counts from the date of ENTRY to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

User avatar
aman90
Diamond Member
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:41 pm

Re: ILR (set M) when to apply

Post by aman90 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:33 am

eversmann wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:02 am



1. There was a question in the form asking for "Time lived in the UK" - I answered 4 years and 11 months. Hope this is okay? or should I fill this as 5 years (despite applying within the 28 day window before)

Write exactly what it is ie 4-11. Ho is aware of the 28 day exception!

2. My BRP card has an expiry date of January 2020 - This shouldn't be a problem in this context right?

Not relevant in ur case

User avatar
aman90
Diamond Member
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:41 pm

Re: ILR (set M) when to apply

Post by aman90 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:38 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:30 am
aman90 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:26 am
You can apply 60 months minus 28 days only!
The biometric appointment date is irrelevant!

If I’m not mistaken.. spouse dependants can apply initial visa issue date minus 28 days ie on reaching 60 months
No, that is ONLY for PBS Dependents. Set(M) spouse of British citizen counts from the date of ENTRY to the UK.
Thanks.. 😱
In OPs case doesn’t matter but if any one else reads this post it would be detrimental..
I think I was confused coz absences aren’t counted..

eversmann
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: ILR (set M) when to apply

Post by eversmann » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:37 pm

Thanks guys.

eversmann
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: ILR (set M) when to apply

Post by eversmann » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:21 pm

For this question...
"Do you own or rent your home?"

My name is not in the deed or mortgage. Only my husbands name is listed.
So, is "Neither own nor rent" the correct option, and then I say "My partner owns the property"?

In which case, following documents are requested:
  • Proof of property ownership from the owner of the property you live in, such as a mortgage statement
  • Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport
  • Letter signed by the owner of the property you live in stating that you have permission to live there
So, I will include:
Mortgage statement
husbands passport (already included)
and a simple letter from husband saying I live here

eversmann
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: ILR (set M) when to apply

Post by eversmann » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:21 pm

eversmann wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:21 pm
"Do you own or rent your home?"

My name is not in the deed or mortgage. Only my husbands name is listed.
any advice on this?
just wanna be certain, I cant say "Yes" to owning property when my name is not on the deed/mortgage

Post Reply
cron