Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set(O) Application mistake

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Post Reply
tareqhas
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:47 pm
Palestine

ILR Application 5 Year Basis - Language Exam

Post by tareqhas » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:19 pm

Hi,

I've been living the UK permanently for the past 5 years under a Tier 2 General Visa provided by my employer. I had passed an IELTS exam (General Training) as part of the UKVI application back in 2015. My question is, given that my IELTS is now close to 5 years old and has expired, do I need to take a new B1 language test to be able to apply for ILR?

Please excuse me if this question has been answered already.

Many thanks in advance

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 6309
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: ILR Application 5 Year Basis - Language Exam

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:44 pm

tareqhas wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:19 pm
Hi,

I've been living the UK permanently for the past 5 years under a Tier 2 General Visa provided by my employer. I had passed an IELTS exam (General Training) as part of the UKVI application back in 2015. My question is, given that my IELTS is now close to 5 years old and has expired, do I need to take a new B1 language test to be able to apply for ILR?

Please excuse me if this question has been answered already.

Many thanks in advance
Yes and also need to pass LIUK test

https://www.gov.uk/english-language
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

tareqhas
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:47 pm
Palestine

Re: ILR Application 5 Year Basis - Language Exam

Post by tareqhas » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:54 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:44 pm
tareqhas wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:19 pm
Hi,

I've been living the UK permanently for the past 5 years under a Tier 2 General Visa provided by my employer. I had passed an IELTS exam (General Training) as part of the UKVI application back in 2015. My question is, given that my IELTS is now close to 5 years old and has expired, do I need to take a new B1 language test to be able to apply for ILR?

Please excuse me if this question has been answered already.

Many thanks in advance
Yes and also need to pass LIUK test

https://www.gov.uk/english-language
Already passed Life in the UK.

In your link it's stated that:


You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter


My expired IELTS exam was accepted in the past as part of my UK immigration application. I guess the question now is, is IELTS (General Training) for the purposes of UKVI a recognised test?

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 6309
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: ILR Application 5 Year Basis - Language Exam

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:10 pm

tareqhas wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:54 pm


My expired IELTS exam was accepted in the past as part of my UK immigration application. I guess the question now is, is IELTS (General Training) for the purposes of UKVI a recognised test?
Check the list whether that type and centre is still on list if not then you have to pass B1.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

tareqhas
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:47 pm
Palestine

Re: ILR Application 5 Year Basis - Language Exam

Post by tareqhas » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:29 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:10 pm
Check the list whether that type and centre is still on list if not then you have to pass B1.
The test centre where I had taken the test is on the list. I cannot tell which Approved Language Test corresponds to the one I'd passed. For example there's a number of IELTS for UKVI with different CEFR codes.

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 6309
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: ILR Application 5 Year Basis - Language Exam

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:45 pm

tareqhas wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:29 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:10 pm
Check the list whether that type and centre is still on list if not then you have to pass B1.
The test centre where I had taken the test is on the list. I cannot tell which Approved Language Test corresponds to the one I'd passed. For example there's a number of IELTS for UKVI with different CEFR codes.
Safest is to sit for B1 test.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

tareqhas
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:47 pm
Palestine

Re: ILR Application 5 Year Basis - Language Exam

Post by tareqhas » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:12 pm

I really appreciate your input seagul.

There's no reason to take another test if the one I already have is valid.

Perhaps someone else knows more about this.

tareqhas
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:47 pm
Palestine

Re: ILR Application 5 Year Basis - Language Exam

Post by tareqhas » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:17 pm

bump

User avatar
Zimba
Moderator
Posts: 11402
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: UK
Mood:

Re: ILR Application 5 Year Basis - Language Exam

Post by Zimba » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:57 pm

It is valid if they accepted it before and the test and the test center are still on the list
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. DO NOT contact me via private messages for advice

tareqhas
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:47 pm
Palestine

ILR Set(O) Application mistake

Post by tareqhas » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:42 pm

Hi,

After I've sent my application for ILR I've realised that I have said YES to following questions while it should've been NO.

- Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?


At the time when i picked the answer i wasn't aware that i was going to upload my personal current bank account statement, and since i own a shared account with my wife and a shared house contract and all the bill have both our names on them, my immediate reaction was to choose YES.

The Bank statement i've ended up uploading to UKVCAS (the one containing my income that matches the payslip) is under my name only .

How do correct this? Shall i upload a separate utility bill to UKVCAS to justify me answering YES? or shall i amend the mistake i've made on the SET(O) form SOMEHOW?

Sorry if this has been posted before, I'm in urgent need of help as my interview is in 2 days.

Many thanks,

Tarek

User avatar
Zimba
Moderator
Posts: 11402
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: UK
Mood:

Re: ILR Set(O) Application mistake

Post by Zimba » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:01 am

Ignore it. No need to correct anything
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. DO NOT contact me via private messages for advice

tareqhas
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:47 pm
Palestine

Re: ILR Set(O) Application mistake

Post by tareqhas » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:57 am

Hi everyone,

Here's a post application update:

The application went on without a hitch. My expired language certificate was accepted without any issues and the mistake in my original application regarding joint accounts was not even brought up.

I've applied using the fast-track method. My appointment was on a thursday. I've received an email the same day telling me that my application was successful.

Thanks to everyone on this wonderful forum who helped answer my questions and good luck to all.

Tareq

Post Reply
cron