ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to remain application cancel and refund

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sakthimurugan85
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Indefinite Leave to remain application cancel and refund

Post by sakthimurugan85 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi There,

I am qualifying for my Indefinite Leave to Remain on December 16, 2018(28 days before from January 13, 2019, will complete 5 years period on Tier 2 General) and this current Tier 2 (General) leave to remain will expire on January 13, 2020.

I submitted the ILR application online via a solicitor using this new premium service on December 05, 2018 (paid £3018.20) and booked the appointment to submit biometric and documents for December 20, 2018 in London Premium Lounge (Paid £200 for this appointment).

In the meantime, my solicitor realised that we cannot submit this online application before the maturity period December 16, 2018. As we submitted on December 05, 2018 he felt that there is a chance of this application getting rejected, so he cancelled the appointment in London Premium Lounge for December 20, 2018. Sent an email to home office public enquires email, asking how to cancel this application? and we are still waiting for a response from home office.

Questions:
1. What is the best way to cancel this application for a refund?
2. What will happen if we withdraw the application? it seems if we withdraw they won't refund the application fee mentioned on the withdrawal form
3. In the last page of the online application, it says that if we don't submit biometric or documents, we will get this refund after 45 days, will this happen automatically?
4. Will home office consider this as invalid application and refund, as we already cancelled the appointment in London Premium Lounge for December 20, 2018?

This new premium service is really confusing a lot and home office customer service person is not aware any of these new procedures. The PSC appointments refund email also couldn't help as we haven't attended the appointment yet.

Please advice how can I get this money back as it is lot of money and also I am planning to reapply in January 2019 with a fresh application.

Any help or advice is must appreciated.

Thanks,
Sakthi

adekunbi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Indefinite Leave to remain application cancel and refund

Post by adekunbi » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:51 pm

I don't think you will get any refund. Better go for your appoinent with faith. I wish you the best.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Many in the same boat. This thread might help

indefinite-leave-to-remain/submitted-on ... 67755.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Nirmalhere
Newly Registered

Post by Nirmalhere » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:32 am

sakthimurugan85 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:29 pm
Hi There,

I am qualifying for my Indefinite Leave to Remain on December 16, 2018(28 days before from January 13, 2019, will complete 5 years period on Tier 2 General) and this current Tier 2 (General) leave to remain will expire on January 13, 2020.

I submitted the ILR application online via a solicitor using this new premium service on December 05, 2018 (paid £3018.20) and booked the appointment to submit biometric and documents for December 20, 2018 in London Premium Lounge (Paid £200 for this appointment).

In the meantime, my solicitor realised that we cannot submit this online application before the maturity period December 16, 2018. As we submitted on December 05, 2018 he felt that there is a chance of this application getting rejected, so he cancelled the appointment in London Premium Lounge for December 20, 2018. Sent an email to home office public enquires email, asking how to cancel this application? and we are still waiting for a response from home office.

Questions:
1. What is the best way to cancel this application for a refund?
2. What will happen if we withdraw the application? it seems if we withdraw they won't refund the application fee mentioned on the withdrawal form
3. In the last page of the online application, it says that if we don't submit biometric or documents, we will get this refund after 45 days, will this happen automatically?
4. Will home office consider this as invalid application and refund, as we already cancelled the appointment in London Premium Lounge for December 20, 2018?

This new premium service is really confusing a lot and home office customer service person is not aware any of these new procedures. The PSC appointments refund email also couldn't help as we haven't attended the appointment yet.

Please advice how can I get this money back as it is lot of money and also I am planning to reapply in January 2019 with a fresh application.

Any help or advice is must appreciated.

Thanks,
Sakthi
Hey, how did it turned out to be? just a while ago my solicitor committed the same mistake as yours. Were you able to get your refund? I am nervous and unsure of how it going to turn out.

ravin001
Newly Registered

Post by ravin001 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:39 pm

Hi Nirmal/Sakthi,

I am in the same situation as you were. Can you shed your experience please?
Have you withdrew the application or atteneded the appoinement?

if atteded what is the outcome or if you withdrew the application did you get a full refund?

Thanks