ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route settled status under Appendix EU (EU settlement scheme)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
18ILR
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:59 am
Bangladesh

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by 18ILR » Thu May 31, 2018 12:38 am

Navi05 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:52 pm
Hi I have submitted postal Set Lr apllication on 5 March2018
Money was deducted on 15 March 2018
Acknowledgment e-mail received: 22 March2018
Biometrics letter received on 20/04/2018
Biometric submission on 20/04/2018
Monthly email received on 23/04 and 21/04/18 saying still under consideration
Request for upgrade submitted 23/04/18 but declined saying am not eligible for an upgrade please suggest why they have refused my upgrade request and how much time HO is taking for postal applications.
Many thanks
Hi Mate,
Can you please tell what was your status while make the SET(LR), I went to Sheffield PSC to submit SET(LR) but case worker rejected my application and told me can’t use same day service, and advised me to submit postal application due to complex case according to her, Cause my previous application made on may 2013(T1 entrepreneur) was on appeal due to hear June , I have withdrawn the appeal and went to PSC, the case worker said my previous passport is elsewhere in HO so that she advised me to make postal application. Then I have sent the postal application on 17 May and HO received 18 May 2018, fees deducted 22 May 2018, since then waiting for Acknowledgement letter and Biometric letter. If your case is straight forward ( you sent the application with existing visa) then you could upgrade to premium . But don’t know why they declined your upgrade request. Probably case worker nearly make your application decision so that they don’t want you to upgrade( I have read one case like you on forum) hopefully you will get the decision soon. Also please tell me while you made upgrade request what reason you submitted (why you want to upgrade like urgent travel, quick decision, for employer etc) , I will try again to upgrade to premium once get the acknowledgement letter. Good luck,Thanks

Navi05
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 8:30 pm
Wales

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Navi05 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi am still waiting for decision, reason i wrote for an upgrade was urgent travel. Its very stressful time, nothing else we can do except wait.

Navi05
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 8:30 pm
Wales

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Navi05 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:50 pm

My previous visa was tier 2, i didnot get same day appintment and applied for postal application thinking i will be able to upgrade to premium service.

Kmkhaled
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:30 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Kmkhaled » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:52 am

VKM wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:50 pm
I have been a silent observer on this forum for a few weeks now. I have yesterday received my ILR via the LR route so thought of advising my case.

2008 to 2013 - On WP/CoS/Tier 2 ICT
Went back to India in April 2013. Got a Business Visa for 1 year issued.
2013-14 - 3 Visits to UK on BV with no single absence more than 180 days. Longest absence from UK was 174 days.
August 2014 - Got Tier 2 ICT Long Term and returned to UK.

Appointment yesterday in Croydon PEO for Set LR. Went in at 09:00 and Application successful at 10:26. Smooth and good experience.

Thanks every for their posts as it really helped me in my journey. All the Best
Great congratulations...what documents u provide with ur application ...if u don't mind to share to us...thanks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79873
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:01 am

Kmkhaled wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:52 am
VKM wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:50 pm
I have been a silent observer on this forum for a few weeks now. I have yesterday received my ILR via the LR route so thought of advising my case.

2008 to 2013 - On WP/CoS/Tier 2 ICT
Went back to India in April 2013. Got a Business Visa for 1 year issued.
2013-14 - 3 Visits to UK on BV with no single absence more than 180 days. Longest absence from UK was 174 days.
August 2014 - Got Tier 2 ICT Long Term and returned to UK.

Appointment yesterday in Croydon PEO for Set LR. Went in at 09:00 and Application successful at 10:26. Smooth and good experience.

Thanks every for their posts as it really helped me in my journey. All the Best
Great congratulations...what documents u provide with ur application ...if u don't mind to share to us...thanks
The Set(LR) form is very specific on the limited number of documents to submit. Suggest read the form and guidance notes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kmkhaled
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:30 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Kmkhaled » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:38 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:01 am
Kmkhaled wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:52 am
VKM wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:50 pm
I have been a silent observer on this forum for a few weeks now. I have yesterday received my ILR via the LR route so thought of advising my case.

2008 to 2013 - On WP/CoS/Tier 2 ICT
Went back to India in April 2013. Got a Business Visa for 1 year issued.
2013-14 - 3 Visits to UK on BV with no single absence more than 180 days. Longest absence from UK was 174 days.
August 2014 - Got Tier 2 ICT Long Term and returned to UK.

Appointment yesterday in Croydon PEO for Set LR. Went in at 09:00 and Application successful at 10:26. Smooth and good experience.

Thanks every for their posts as it really helped me in my journey. All the Best
Great congratulations...what documents u provide with ur application ...if u don't mind to share to us...thanks
The Set(LR) form is very specific on the limited number of documents to submit. Suggest read the form and guidance notes.
Thanks...i know da basic documents which i have alredy to submit bt people said if i submit farther documents which can help case worker to make quick result...anyway dts da document i am planing to submit : application set (LR) , all passport and current BRP , B1, Life in da uk test result, all da home office extention approval letters, two pictures. Thinking to add some more if it's helpful then like: Bank account openning letters dated 2008. P60 from 2011 to 2018, husband and daughter's british passport and marrige and birth certificate, any suggestion??? Plez

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79873
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:46 am

Kmkhaled wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:38 am
CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:01 am
Kmkhaled wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:52 am
VKM wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:50 pm
I have been a silent observer on this forum for a few weeks now. I have yesterday received my ILR via the LR route so thought of advising my case.

2008 to 2013 - On WP/CoS/Tier 2 ICT
Went back to India in April 2013. Got a Business Visa for 1 year issued.
2013-14 - 3 Visits to UK on BV with no single absence more than 180 days. Longest absence from UK was 174 days.
August 2014 - Got Tier 2 ICT Long Term and returned to UK.

Appointment yesterday in Croydon PEO for Set LR. Went in at 09:00 and Application successful at 10:26. Smooth and good experience.

Thanks every for their posts as it really helped me in my journey. All the Best
Great congratulations...what documents u provide with ur application ...if u don't mind to share to us...thanks
The Set(LR) form is very specific on the limited number of documents to submit. Suggest read the form and guidance notes.
Thanks...i know da basic documents which i have alredy to submit bt people said if i submit farther documents which can help case worker to make quick result...anyway dts da document i am planing to submit : application set (LR) , all passport and current BRP , B1, Life in da uk test result, all da home office extention approval letters, two pictures. Thinking to add some more if it's helpful then like: Bank account openning letters dated 2008. P60 from 2011 to 2018, husband and daughter's british passport and marrige and birth certificate, any suggestion??? Plez
It is NOT required to submit 'extra' documents for Set(LR). You MUST only submit what the form asks for. Anything else will be disregarded as HO letters, P60s, family passports or bank letters are NOT required. The only time you must provide additional documents is if you DO NOT have all the passports for the whole 10 years. Submitting 'extra' documents YOU think will be considered DOES NOT 'speed up' the process.

Also please try to post without using 'text speech'. It is difficult to read.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maria2020
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:27 pm
Mood:
Argentina

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Maria2020 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:34 pm

Hi All

Can someone advise me if I qualified for 10 years long residence?

Uk entry: 8th April 2008, student visa

8th April 2008 until 30th June 2012, student visas and psw visa, never overstayed.

In June 2012 I got married with a EEA national. Homeoffice took 6 month to issue a RC.

January 2013-January 2018, five years residence card issued.

On 10th April 2018 my decree absolute was granted,

I applied for ROR in January 2018, but it was refused because the decree absolute was not granted at the time,

Then I re-applied for ROR on the 11th April 2018, I submitted the biometrics on the 27th April 2018, and since then I haven't heard anything from the Home Office, no COA received either.

Sadly my ex's ID and payslips were not submitted on my application, my ex doesn't want to cooperate at all, so I am looking if I have another option to stay in the UK apart from ROR.

Your reply will be greatly appreciated, (apologies for the long post)

muskan ali
Junior Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:20 am
Pakistan

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by muskan ali » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi,

I need some advice please I am due to apply for ILR based on 10 years long residency

I entered Uk in April 2008 and was on holidays between :

30/09/2015 - 28/12/2015 (3 months)
21/05/2016 - 31/07/2016 (2.5 months)

Plans to travel for another one months in August 2018 when I come back I apply for ILR...

My question is how many leaves are allowed during continuous long residence in Total and in 12 months time???

Thanks

4WingsFor99p
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:04 am
Mood:
Hong Kong

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by 4WingsFor99p » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:39 am

Applied For ILR Route : SET(LR) Tier4 General (Student)
Date Application Sent : 22/05/2018
Document Received By HO : 23/05/2018
Payment Debited : 25/05/2018
Ack Letter/Email Received : 08/06/2018
Biometric Letter received : awaiting...
Date Biometrics Enrolled : awaiting...
Approval Received : awaiting...
BRP Card Received : awaiting...
[Will Be Keep Updating It]

Been in the UK for over 10 years as a student, straight forward case with no special circumstances etc.

Only concern is with the total number of days being outside the UK may have exceeded the limit of 540 days within the 10 year period.

I may have only exceeded the total of days limit by 20-30 days max, with no absence period over 180days/6months.

Also I was't sure with all my exit dates from the UK, since they don't stamp your passport while exiting nor have a record prior 2013.

I also did a SAR check requesting all my immigration history from the HO, and they only have records of my entry/exit dates from 2013 onwards. So I guess that is when they started to keep records again.

I'm just hoping the HO can/will exercise discretion on this matter.

idonthaveone
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by idonthaveone » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:35 pm

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)
Post by idonthaveone » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:57 pm

Hello guys

My ILR SET(O) timeline

ILR SET(O)
Date Posted: 01/07/2016
Date of Receipt: 04/07/2016
Payment Taken : 14/07/2016
Acknowledgement Letter/E-mail: 20th of every month
Bio-metrics letter: 29/07/2016
Bio-metrics submitted: 30/07/2016
waiting

Nearly coming to 6 month time and no news except the email acknowledgment every month

UPDATE ****** UPDATE ****** UPDATE

originally applied as SET(O) 01/07/2016
varied application to SET LR APRIL 2017
Got refusal on tax issue January 2018 and appealed
ILR APPROVAL APRIL 2018

it was a long wait but good result at the end. Anyone waiting long time don't lose faith. Good Luck

PoojaL
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:34 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by PoojaL » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:45 pm

congratulations....enjoy your freedom..
just wanted to share our journey we applied for set(o) on 27th may 2016 then got questionnaire in march 2017 ..sent back in april 2017
then varied our application to set (LR) in sep 2017 considered email and biomatric recieved in oct 2017 since then no news from them its more than 6 months and all together more than 2 years... too much stress

if you dont mind can you please share exactly what points were discussed on your apeal and how they gave you approval ?

Thanks in advance..

PoojaL
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:34 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by PoojaL » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:48 pm

idonthaveone wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:35 pm
Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)
Post by idonthaveone » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:57 pm

Hello guys

My ILR SET(O) timeline

ILR SET(O)
Date Posted: 01/07/2016
Date of Receipt: 04/07/2016
Payment Taken : 14/07/2016
Acknowledgement Letter/E-mail: 20th of every month
Bio-metrics letter: 29/07/2016
Bio-metrics submitted: 30/07/2016
waiting

Nearly coming to 6 month time and no news except the email acknowledgment every month

UPDATE ****** UPDATE ****** UPDATE

originally applied as SET(O) 01/07/2016
varied application to SET LR APRIL 2017
Got refusal on tax issue January 2018 and appealed
ILR APPROVAL APRIL 2018

it was a long wait but good result at the end. Anyone waiting long time don't lose faith. Good Luck
congratulations....enjoy your freedom..
just wanted to share our journey we applied for set(o) on 27th may 2016 then got questionnaire in march 2017 ..sent back in april 2017
then varied our application to set (LR) in sep 2017 considered email and biomatric recieved in oct 2017 since then no news from them its more than 6 months and all together more than 2 years... too much stress

if you dont mind can you please share exactly what points were discussed on your apeal and how they gave you approval ?

Thanks in advance...

missyk
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:48 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by missyk » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Need help on determining if I will be eligible for 10 year ILR ! :oops:

1st entry: 26.08.09 on Tier 4

Tier 4 student aug 09 - oct 11 applied outside UK

Tier 4 student sept 11 - oct 14 applied outside UK but only used 1 year of it and returned home due to course change

Tier 4 student sept 12 - oct 15 applied outside UK

Tier 4 student August 15 - Feb 17 applied within UK

Tier 2 Jan 17 - Jan 20 applied within UK, used only 6 months. Left employer 07 July 17, returned home in 23 aug 17 (within 60 days of last day of employment)

Tier 5 (YM) sept 17 - sept 19 applied outside UK on 28 Aug 17 (within 60 days of last day of employment)

As you can see I have no breaks on my visa. I have not been away for more than 180 days on one occasion and total of 540 days in any 12 months in the past 10 years.

I think I should be ok however i’d like to have an extra pair of eyes to see if I got this correct ! I know this is long but any input would be much appreciated ! Many thanks.

4WingsFor99p
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:04 am
Mood:
Hong Kong

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by 4WingsFor99p » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:19 am

4WingsFor99p wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:39 am
Applied For ILR Route : SET(LR) Tier4 General (Student)
Date Application Sent : 22/05/2018
Document Received By HO : 23/05/2018
Payment Debited : 25/05/2018
Ack Letter/Email Received : 08/06/2018
Biometric Letter received : awaiting...
Date Biometrics Enrolled : awaiting...
Approval Received : awaiting...
BRP Card Received : awaiting...
[Will Be Keep Updating It]

Been in the UK for over 10 years as a student, straight forward case with no special circumstances etc.

Only concern is with the total number of days being outside the UK may have exceeded the limit of 540 days within the 10 year period.

I may have only exceeded the total of days limit by 20-30 days max, with no absence period over 180days/6months.

Also I was't sure with all my exit dates from the UK, since they don't stamp your passport while exiting nor have a record prior 2013.

I also did a SAR check requesting all my immigration history from the HO, and they only have records of my entry/exit dates from 2013 onwards. So I guess that is when they started to keep records again.

I'm just hoping the HO can/will exercise discretion on this matter.
Applied For ILR Route : SET(LR) Tier4 General (Student)
Date Application Sent : 22/05/2018
Document Received By HO : 23/05/2018
Payment Debited : 25/05/2018
Ack Letter/Email Received : 08/06/2018
Biometric Letter received : 07/06/2018
Date Biometrics Enrolled : 14/06/2018
Approval Received : awaiting...
BRP Card Received : awaiting...
[I Will Be Keep Updating It...]

tipurekha
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:24 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by tipurekha » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:20 pm

Hello there
I came UK 13 July 2008 as a student spouse visa, so 13 July 2018 I will complete 10 years. But my husband ILR application was refused because - out of time application same time my FLR (fp) application was refused as well and waiting to be heard my appeal on 1st of August. My solicitor advised me to withdraw my appeal and booked for same day service for ILR (lr). Will my application be refused by the same reason of my husband application?
Please give your suggestion. I don't want to spend £3000 Application fee if there is no chance of accept my application.
I appreciate your valuable comments.
Thank you.

Kmkhaled
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:30 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Kmkhaled » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:28 pm

Hi every one...hop all is well...is anyone been to LONDON victoria premium service for Set LR application? How is it? Any experience any1 would like to share plez?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79873
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:44 am

Kmkhaled wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:28 pm
Hi every one...hop all is well...is anyone been to LONDON victoria premium service for Set LR application? How is it? Any experience any1 would like to share plez?
The London Victoria Centre is only for tier 2 and tier 5 applications and not for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kmkhaled
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:30 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Kmkhaled » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:32 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:44 am
Kmkhaled wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:28 pm
Hi every one...hop all is well...is anyone been to LONDON victoria premium service for Set LR application? How is it? Any experience any1 would like to share plez?
The London Victoria Centre is only for tier 2 and tier 5 applications and not for ILR.
WoW didn't know about this...your awesome...you have answer for every question...thanks for ur answer ... any changes about SET(LR) application on 6th July18 as my appointment on 7th july at croydon. Bit worried...coz if any changes happen (application form) it would be taff for us to fill application form on same day when we r going to apply...any update will be helpful for us...otherwise will change application appointment date...thanks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79873
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:51 am

Kmkhaled wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:32 am
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:44 am
Kmkhaled wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:28 pm
Hi every one...hop all is well...is anyone been to LONDON victoria premium service for Set LR application? How is it? Any experience any1 would like to share plez?
The London Victoria Centre is only for tier 2 and tier 5 applications and not for ILR.
WoW didn't know about this...your awesome...you have answer for every question...thanks for ur answer ... any changes about SET(LR) application on 6th July18 as my appointment on 7th july at croydon. Bit worried...coz if any changes happen (application form) it would be taff for us to fill application form on same day when we r going to apply...any update will be helpful for us...otherwise will change application appointment date...thanks
It if an applicants responsibility to check they have completed the most up to date and recent form. I don't know if it will change on 6th July and it is highly unlikely that it will.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abdul1274
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:09 pm
Nigeria

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Abdul1274 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Hello there.

New to this forum so if there are any board rules that I'm breaking please bear with me as I'm getting use to it.

Just have an issue regarding when I should send my application to the Home Office for the indefinite Leave to Remain Long Residence application. I came to the UK on the 24th of August 2008 and haven't left since. I have been a student since then and have studied for courses and degrees which are my GSCEs (2008-2009), BTEC/A-levels (2009-2011), Bachelor's Degree with industrial placement (2011-2015), Master's Degree (2015-2016) and MBA (2017-2018).

My current visa expires on the 30th of July and my 10 years qualifying period will be on the 24th of August 2018 which means I can apply on the 27th of July as that will be 28 days before the qualifying period.

My problem here is I have been told that if the Home office receives the application after my visa has expired, then my application might get refused since the 27th and the 30th are really close together and they there might be delays in terms of delivery. On the other hand, would it be a good idea to send it on the 27th of July using the guaranteed delivery hoping they will receive it on the 30th which is on Monday?

Please, your advice will be greatly appreciated as I am in a confused state right now. Thank you.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79873
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Abdul1274 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:37 pm
Hello there.

New to this forum so if there are any board rules that I'm breaking please bear with me as I'm getting use to it.

Just have an issue regarding when I should send my application to the Home Office for the indefinite Leave to Remain Long Residence application. I came to the UK on the 24th of August 2008 and haven't left since. I have been a student since then and have studied for courses and degrees which are my GSCEs (2008-2009), BTEC/A-levels (2009-2011), Bachelor's Degree with industrial placement (2011-2015), Master's Degree (2015-2016) and MBA (2017-2018).

My current visa expires on the 30th of July and my 10 years qualifying period will be on the 24th of August 2018 which means I can apply on the 27th of July as that will be 28 days before the qualifying period.

My problem here is I have been told that if the Home office receives the application after my visa has expired, then my application might get refused since the 27th and the 30th are really close together and they there might be delays in terms of delivery. On the other hand, would it be a good idea to send it on the 27th of July using the guaranteed delivery hoping they will receive it on the 30th which is on Monday?

Please, your advice will be greatly appreciated as I am in a confused state right now. Thank you.
You must apply before your visa expires. Date of posting is date of application. Keep proof of postage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abdul1274
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:09 pm
Nigeria

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Abdul1274 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:41 pm
Abdul1274 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:37 pm
Hello there.

New to this forum so if there are any board rules that I'm breaking please bear with me as I'm getting use to it.

Just have an issue regarding when I should send my application to the Home Office for the indefinite Leave to Remain Long Residence application. I came to the UK on the 24th of August 2008 and haven't left since. I have been a student since then and have studied for courses and degrees which are my GSCEs (2008-2009), BTEC/A-levels (2009-2011), Bachelor's Degree with industrial placement (2011-2015), Master's Degree (2015-2016) and MBA (2017-2018).

My current visa expires on the 30th of July and my 10 years qualifying period will be on the 24th of August 2018 which means I can apply on the 27th of July as that will be 28 days before the qualifying period.

My problem here is I have been told that if the Home office receives the application after my visa has expired, then my application might get refused since the 27th and the 30th are really close together and they there might be delays in terms of delivery. On the other hand, would it be a good idea to send it on the 27th of July using the guaranteed delivery hoping they will receive it on the 30th which is on Monday?

Please, your advice will be greatly appreciated as I am in a confused state right now. Thank you.
You must apply before your visa expires. Date of posting is date of application. Keep proof of postage.
Which means it's okay to apply on the 27th of July via post?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79873
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:48 pm

Abdul1274 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:45 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:41 pm
Abdul1274 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:37 pm
Hello there.

New to this forum so if there are any board rules that I'm breaking please bear with me as I'm getting use to it.

Just have an issue regarding when I should send my application to the Home Office for the indefinite Leave to Remain Long Residence application. I came to the UK on the 24th of August 2008 and haven't left since. I have been a student since then and have studied for courses and degrees which are my GSCEs (2008-2009), BTEC/A-levels (2009-2011), Bachelor's Degree with industrial placement (2011-2015), Master's Degree (2015-2016) and MBA (2017-2018).

My current visa expires on the 30th of July and my 10 years qualifying period will be on the 24th of August 2018 which means I can apply on the 27th of July as that will be 28 days before the qualifying period.

My problem here is I have been told that if the Home office receives the application after my visa has expired, then my application might get refused since the 27th and the 30th are really close together and they there might be delays in terms of delivery. On the other hand, would it be a good idea to send it on the 27th of July using the guaranteed delivery hoping they will receive it on the 30th which is on Monday?

Please, your advice will be greatly appreciated as I am in a confused state right now. Thank you.
You must apply before your visa expires. Date of posting is date of application. Keep proof of postage.
Which means it's okay to apply on the 27th of July via post?
Yes!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abdul1274
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:09 pm
Nigeria

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Abdul1274 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:48 pm
Abdul1274 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:45 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:41 pm
Abdul1274 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:37 pm
Hello there.

New to this forum so if there are any board rules that I'm breaking please bear with me as I'm getting use to it.

Just have an issue regarding when I should send my application to the Home Office for the indefinite Leave to Remain Long Residence application. I came to the UK on the 24th of August 2008 and haven't left since. I have been a student since then and have studied for courses and degrees which are my GSCEs (2008-2009), BTEC/A-levels (2009-2011), Bachelor's Degree with industrial placement (2011-2015), Master's Degree (2015-2016) and MBA (2017-2018).

My current visa expires on the 30th of July and my 10 years qualifying period will be on the 24th of August 2018 which means I can apply on the 27th of July as that will be 28 days before the qualifying period.

My problem here is I have been told that if the Home office receives the application after my visa has expired, then my application might get refused since the 27th and the 30th are really close together and they there might be delays in terms of delivery. On the other hand, would it be a good idea to send it on the 27th of July using the guaranteed delivery hoping they will receive it on the 30th which is on Monday?

Please, your advice will be greatly appreciated as I am in a confused state right now. Thank you.
You must apply before your visa expires. Date of posting is date of application. Keep proof of postage.
Which means it's okay to apply on the 27th of July via post?
Yes!
No problem.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Locked
cron