ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78637
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:55 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:24 pm
hope all doing well ,

I have a question regarding the ILR(LR) for a friend of mine who had his Refugee state approved in February 2018 and been in Refugee state since then. but he had already completed 10 years long residency in October 2018 ,

he has been in a lawful stay in all 10 years except he had been waiting for his asylum claim for 3 years and few months before his claim was accepted and refugee state granted. he had no refusal during his asylum process just waiting for the decision.

Can he apply for ILR(LR) or it is a complicated process and risky step that might affect his refugee state he is having now.
1. Useful to ask friend to register and ask for information or help themselves.

2. Full UK immigration history including all the details and dates is useful.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Love_GB
Member
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 am
Mood:

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Love_GB » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:55 pm
Love_GB wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:24 pm
hope all doing well ,

I have a question regarding the ILR(LR) for a friend of mine who had his Refugee state approved in February 2018 and been in Refugee state since then. but he had already completed 10 years long residency in October 2018 ,

he has been in a lawful stay in all 10 years except he had been waiting for his asylum claim for 3 years and few months before his claim was accepted and refugee state granted. he had no refusal during his asylum process just waiting for the decision.

Can he apply for ILR(LR) or it is a complicated process and risky step that might affect his refugee state he is having now.
1. Useful to ask friend to register and ask for information or help themselves.

2. Full UK immigration history including all the details and dates is useful.

hello CR001;
Many thanks for your reply , I Completely agree with you he should register and ask questions by himself ,
Once again thank you so much for your reply

Donflats
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:59 pm
United States of America

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Donflats » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:46 pm

Anyone heard of or have timelines since Christmas?

missyk
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:48 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by missyk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:08 pm

Just wondering under the new changes, is the earliest date that I can apply the same as previous? (ie: 28 days prior to qualifying period and 45 days to apply to attend for an appointment?)

Many thanks 8)

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78637
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:23 pm

missyk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:08 pm
Just wondering under the new changes, is the earliest date that I can apply the same as previous? (ie: 28 days prior to qualifying period and 45 days to apply to attend for an appointment?)

Many thanks 8)
The 28 days before concession has NOT changed. Only the appointment and application process has changed, most can get appointments through the new service within a week of online submission.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

missyk
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:48 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by missyk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:55 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:23 pm
missyk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:08 pm
Just wondering under the new changes, is the earliest date that I can apply the same as previous? (ie: 28 days prior to qualifying period and 45 days to apply to attend for an appointment?)

Many thanks 8)
The 28 days before concession has NOT changed. Only the appointment and application process has changed, most can get appointments through the new service within a week of online submission.
I see thanks. Will I still be able to it if I wish to apply/submit for an appointment earlier than a week? Do they show appointments say 1-2 months away?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78637
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:10 am

missyk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:55 am
CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:23 pm
missyk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:08 pm
Just wondering under the new changes, is the earliest date that I can apply the same as previous? (ie: 28 days prior to qualifying period and 45 days to apply to attend for an appointment?)

Many thanks 8)
The 28 days before concession has NOT changed. Only the appointment and application process has changed, most can get appointments through the new service within a week of online submission.
I see thanks. Will I still be able to it if I wish to apply/submit for an appointment earlier than a week? Do they show appointments say 1-2 months away?
You should not submit your online application any sooner than within 28 days before reaching the qualifying period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chiki2018
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:46 pm
India

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Chiki2018 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:08 pm

Hi
Can anyone help me with a query?
I am applying for ILR via 10 long residence year end of Jan 19.
There was a 50 day period between one of my visas expiring (PSW) and a new application (Tier 2) being submitted. I left the country a day before the PSW expiring (22nd Sep 2012) and returned (9th Dec 2012) once the new Tier 2 visa was issued in India on 30th Nov 2012.
The Home Office guidance seems to imply after a visa expiry a new application must be made within 28 days. If not, this is considered a break in continuous residency. (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v15_0.pdf)
"Events that break continuous residence
Continuous residence is considered to be broken if the applicant has:
• been absent from the UK for a period of more than 6 months at any one time
• spent a total of 18 months outside the UK throughout the whole 10 year period
• left the UK before 24 November 2016 with no valid leave to remain on their
departure from the UK, and failed to apply for entry clearance within 28 days of
their previous leave expiring (even if they returned to the UK within 6 months)"


Please can anyone confirm if my understanding is correct? Does this 50 day period constitute a break, or can I still apply for ILR with this?

Many thanks
Chiki

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78637
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:06 pm

Chiki2018 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:08 pm
Hi
Can anyone help me with a query?
I am applying for ILR via 10 long residence year end of Jan 19.
There was a 50 day period between one of my visas expiring (PSW) and a new application (Tier 2) being submitted. I left the country a day before the PSW expiring (22nd Sep 2012) and returned (9th Dec 2012) once the new Tier 2 visa was issued in India on 30th Nov 2012.
The Home Office guidance seems to imply after a visa expiry a new application must be made within 28 days. If not, this is considered a break in continuous residency. (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v15_0.pdf)
"Events that break continuous residence
Continuous residence is considered to be broken if the applicant has:
• been absent from the UK for a period of more than 6 months at any one time
• spent a total of 18 months outside the UK throughout the whole 10 year period
• left the UK before 24 November 2016 with no valid leave to remain on their
departure from the UK, and failed to apply for entry clearance within 28 days of
their previous leave expiring (even if they returned to the UK within 6 months)"


Please can anyone confirm if my understanding is correct? Does this 50 day period constitute a break, or can I still apply for ILR with this?

Many thanks
Chiki
Your residence is NOT broken as you left WITH valid leave. The piece you highlight clearly states "no valid leave" so does not apply to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

User avatar
marcnath
Moderator
Posts: 6096
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:50 am

Chiki2018 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:08 pm
Hi
Can anyone help me with a query?
I am applying for ILR via 10 long residence year end of Jan 19.
There was a 50 day period between one of my visas expiring (PSW) and a new application (Tier 2) being submitted. I left the country a day before the PSW expiring (22nd Sep 2012) and returned (9th Dec 2012) once the new Tier 2 visa was issued in India on 30th Nov 2012.
The Home Office guidance seems to imply after a visa expiry a new application must be made within 28 days. If not, this is considered a break in continuous residency. (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v15_0.pdf)
"Events that break continuous residence
Continuous residence is considered to be broken if the applicant has:
• been absent from the UK for a period of more than 6 months at any one time
• spent a total of 18 months outside the UK throughout the whole 10 year period
• left the UK before 24 November 2016 with no valid leave to remain on their
departure from the UK, and failed to apply for entry clearance within 28 days of
their previous leave expiring (even if they returned to the UK within 6 months)"


Please can anyone confirm if my understanding is correct? Does this 50 day period constitute a break, or can I still apply for ILR with this?

Many thanks
Chiki
Your visa was granted on 30th Nov 2012 - but when did you apply ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Chiki2018
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:46 pm
India

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Chiki2018 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:53 pm

Hi, Thanks for your responses.

My PSW visa expired on 23 sep 2012
I left the UK on 22 sep 2012
My company I was working for at that time applied for my visa around 12th or 15 Nov 2012 I believe but not sure as i am unable to find my visa documentation submitted at that time:(
Tier 2 General visa was issued on 30 Nov 2012
Returned to the UK 9 Dec 2012
Total 79 days outside UK in one sprint!

As per the 28 day clause mentioned in the thread above - I am under impression that I should have applied for my Tier 2 visa on or before 21 Oct 2012 otherwise it is considered as break in continuous residency ! Please can you advise if this is the case ?

Thanks very much for your advice

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78637
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:57 pm

Chiki2018 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:53 pm
Hi, Thanks for your responses.

My PSW visa expired on 23 sep 2012
I left the UK on 22 sep 2012
My company I was working for at that time applied for my visa around 12th or 15 Nov 2012 I believe but not sure as i am unable to find my visa documentation submitted at that time:(
Tier 2 General visa was issued on 30 Nov 2012
Returned to the UK 9 Dec 2012
Total 79 days outside UK in one sprint!

As per the 28 day clause mentioned in the thread above - I am under impression that I should have applied for my Tier 2 visa on or before 21 Oct 2012 otherwise it is considered as break in continuous residency ! Please can you advise if this is the case ?

Thanks very much for your advice
The quote does not apply if you LEFT the UK with a valid visa. Please read the documents carefully!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chiki2018
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:46 pm
India

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Chiki2018 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:16 pm

Thanks for the quick response CR001 - appreciate your support.
You are spot on I left the country with valid leave but my point of concern is that i did not apply for my Tier 2 visa within 28 days of PSW visa expiring, which is what i am afraid off.

As i applied for my Tier 2 visa around 50 days after my PSW visa expired, reading that clause is concerning me. Hope you understand my fear.

Are you sure this does not constitute as a break ?

Thanks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78637
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:02 pm

Chiki2018 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:16 pm
Thanks for the quick response CR001 - appreciate your support.
You are spot on I left the country with valid leave but my point of concern is that i did not apply for my Tier 2 visa within 28 days of PSW visa expiring, which is what i am afraid off.

As i applied for my Tier 2 visa around 50 days after my PSW visa expired, reading that clause is concerning me. Hope you understand my fear.

Are you sure this does not constitute as a break ?

Thanks
It doesn't apply to you. It applies to people who leave the UK without valid leave. Read the quote again, it clearly states "no valid leave"!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

akash76
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:05 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by akash76 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:49 pm

Applied for ILR Route: SET LR, Main applicant only,
See timeline below:
Date application sent: 01/09/2018
Document received by HO: 04/09/2018
Payment Debited: 06/09/2018
Ack letter by Post/Email: None
Biometric Letter Dated: 26/09/2018
Biometric Letter received: 01/10/2018
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 01/10/2018
Consideration Email by HO: None
Documents received by HO: Waiting
Approval Letter Received: Waiting
BRP Card Received: Waiting

I am still waiting. Any idea how long it will take more time.....

Donflats
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:59 pm
United States of America

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Donflats » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:14 pm

Is your case simple?

Alisher715
Junior Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:25 am
Pakistan

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Alisher715 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:54 am

I applied on 3rd of August and still waiting.

Ruhi09
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:46 pm
Bangladesh

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Ruhi09 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:55 pm

I've applied Set(LR) on--14/09/2018 and my case is straight forward but still waiting.

umair2017
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 9:04 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by umair2017 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:29 pm

I applied on 22 Oct and my case is also straight forward, but still waiting.

akash76
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:05 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by akash76 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:29 pm

This is such a massively frustrating process. this is straight forward case with no complications.

Irikanji
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:42 pm
Mood:
Australia

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Irikanji » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:25 pm

Hi...

I'm currently applying for a long settlement visa (10yrs) but am very confused as to how to actually complete my application. Towards the end of my application I can choose between clicking a button which says submit by the ''new system' or 'existing system'... It states briefly on this page I can post my application if I go 'existing' but reading a number of forums etc, it seems everyone is booking a date to submit their docs or uploading them (assuming this might be the 'new' system?) so need some clarification please about just how I can correctly get my docs to who might need them! Has anyone else simply posted off their docs in Jan 2019? On the online application, I haven't paid yet, so am not too sure what info might come after this page.

Also I would appreciate any info about the biometric permit, etc, as at the moment the application doesn't really make it clear when I need to get this....? Do I need to send it with the application...if so, is this my current one (the one about to expire) or will it need to be a new one and if so, how do I get it? Many thanks

jabir
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:33 am
Libya

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by jabir » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:32 am

Hello all

My question is about ILR(LR)

I had arrived to the UK on 19/10/2008 as a PhD student. I have always applied for visa renewals on time and none of my visa applications had been refused for any reason. During this time, I visited Libya twice, 2011 for two weeks and 2012 for one weeks. I visited Italy once, 2012 for one week (scientific conference). I have never been in troubles of any kind and my criminal record is clean. On 13/09/2014 I applied for asylum, I had been waiting for 3 years and six months till 18/02/2018 when my claim was accepted, and refugee status was granted for five years (till Feb/2023).

In October 2018, I had completed 10 years residency in the UK. I have been living in the UK lawfully for the whole 10 years except I had been waiting for my asylum claim for 3 years and six months before my claim was accepted. There had been no refusal during my asylum process. Nowadays, I am working as a self-employ since September 2018.

Can I apply for ILR(LR) or it is a complicated process and risky step that might affect my refugee status that I have now?

My Visa history

1- Student Visa Tire 4, Issued in Tripoli - Libya.
Valid from 30/06/2008.
valid until 30/08/2009.

2- Student Visa Tire 4 Issued in the UK.
Valid from 15/10/2009.
valid until 31/08/2012.

3- Student Visa Tire 4, Issued in The Sheffield, UK.
Valid from 10/08/2012.
valid until 30/01/2014

4- Student Visa Tire 4, Issued in Liverpool, UK.
Valid from 13/03/2014.
valid until 10/05/2015.

5- Asylum ARC, Issued in London, UK.
Date of issue 13/09/2014.

6- Refugee Leave to Remain, Issued in the UK.
Issued on 01/03/2018.
valid until 17/02/2023.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78637
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:56 am

jabir wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:32 am
Hello all

My question is about ILR(LR)

I had arrived to the UK on 19/10/2008 as a PhD student. I have always applied for visa renewals on time and none of my visa applications had been refused for any reason. During this time, I visited Libya twice, 2011 for two weeks and 2012 for one weeks. I visited Italy once, 2012 for one week (scientific conference). I have never been in troubles of any kind and my criminal record is clean. On 13/09/2014 I applied for asylum, I had been waiting for 3 years and six months till 18/02/2018 when my claim was accepted, and refugee status was granted for five years (till Feb/2023).

In October 2018, I had completed 10 years residency in the UK. I have been living in the UK lawfully for the whole 10 years except I had been waiting for my asylum claim for 3 years and six months before my claim was accepted. There had been no refusal during my asylum process. Nowadays, I am working as a self-employ since September 2018.

Can I apply for ILR(LR) or it is a complicated process and risky step that might affect my refugee status that I have now?

My Visa history

1- Student Visa Tire 4, Issued in Tripoli - Libya.
Valid from 30/06/2008.
valid until 30/08/2009.

2- Student Visa Tire 4 Issued in the UK.
Valid from 15/10/2009.
valid until 31/08/2012.

3- Student Visa Tire 4, Issued in The Sheffield, UK.
Valid from 10/08/2012.
valid until 30/01/2014

4- Student Visa Tire 4, Issued in Liverpool, UK.
Valid from 13/03/2014.
valid until 10/05/2015.

5- Asylum ARC, Issued in London, UK.
Date of issue 13/09/2014.

6- Refugee Leave to Remain, Issued in the UK.
Issued on 01/03/2018.
valid until 17/02/2023.
Please continue in your EXISTING topic you already have and not posting duplicate questions in this topic.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/long-residen ... l#p1727708
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78637
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:04 pm

A new TIMELINE ONLY topic has been started for timeline posts ONLY.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/lond-residen ... l#p1729125

This topic will now be locked. For any ILR LR queries, please start your own topic/thread with your circumstances and questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Locked
cron