ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
eoo10
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by eoo10 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:24 pm

superzhousi wrote:Hi eoo10, thanks for the quick reply.

I heard a rumour before that I need to provide some evidence like postal receipt from the post office or the confirmation letter of receiving the application from the visa office to prove that I actually sent the extension applications before the expiration date. So I don't need those, right?
That's not correct. Forum experts can confirm this.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78703
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:54 pm

superzhousi wrote:Hi eoo10, thanks for the quick reply.

I heard a rumour before that I need to provide some evidence like postal receipt from the post office or the confirmation letter of receiving the application from the visa office to prove that I actually sent the extension applications before the expiration date. So I don't need those, right?
Don't believe everything you 'hear'. This is NOT a requirement for ILR LR applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

superzhousi
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by superzhousi » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:22 pm

Thanks eoo10 and CR001 for confirming that.

Could I bother you guys with another question? I was on a Tier 4 G for almost 6 years before (master course + PhD, now I'm on Tier 2 G for 3 years), during the time when I was a Phd student, I occasionally travelled aboard for conferences or just tourism, but never beyond 180 days a time or 540 day in total.

In this case, do I need to provide additional evidence (such as letter from my Phd supervisors) to explain the purpose of the travelling, and to explain that I didn't do anything which is not allowed under the requirement of the T4G, like skipping lectures or missing deadlines etc, but the tricky part is there is no lectures for Phd students. Thanks guy.

eoo10
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by eoo10 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:06 pm

superzhousi wrote:Thanks eoo10 and CR001 for confirming that.

Could I bother you guys with another question? I was on a Tier 4 G for almost 6 years before (master course + PhD, now I'm on Tier 2 G for 3 years), during the time when I was a Phd student, I occasionally travelled aboard for conferences or just tourism, but never beyond 180 days a time or 540 day in total.

In this case, do I need to provide additional evidence (such as letter from my Phd supervisors) to explain the purpose of the travelling, and to explain that I didn't do anything which is not allowed under the requirement of the T4G, like skipping lectures or missing deadli2nes etc, but the tricky part is there is no lectures for Phd students. Thanks guy.
Hi
I personally don't think it's necessary since your absence is within the required limit. However, you may get the letter to buttress your application as I don't think it will have any negative effect.

Madimadi
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:52 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Madimadi » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:20 am

Dear All,
I applied ILR in March 2016 through Tier1general amended the tax 2010- 2011 ltd company + employed 2012-2013 sole trader+employed both year amend the tax in 2015 before applied ilr fixed instalment with HMRC still paying that. HO sent questioner in March 2017 i filled and sent them back still didnot get any answer. My question is next month middle of July my 10years going to complete can i switch to LR route
28 days before.? What you suggests should i have to wait for answer or switch to LR. ? Incase of refusel first application still can i apply for LR.
Look forward to hearing from you.

eoo10
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by eoo10 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:10 pm

  • i
ishara123 wrote:Hello Everyone,
Today I have received the following letter from Home Office

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances the target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, Unfortunately it appears that your application will not be processed within the 6 months target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect tot make a decision on your application by 24th July, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

My Time Line :

Applied on : 15th Nov 2016
Bio Metric Done : 28th Nov 2016
Currnet Status : Tier 1(General)

When I renewed the Visa last time, I have shown both Self Employed and Employed (PAYE) income and declared the correct self employment income on HMRC as it stated on Accountant Report. I have agreed to pay the Outstanding Tax through Monthly direct debit since December 2014.

Has any one got the similar letter ? I have been getting Automated Emails every month on 24th so and this letter also dated on 24th April.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Hi
Have you received your decision yet? I don't still understand why additional 3 months is required after the standard 6 months when some people are getting decision in one day. Discrimination at it's height!

ishara123
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by ishara123 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:24 am

eoo10 wrote:
  • i
ishara123 wrote:Hello Everyone,
Today I have received the following letter from Home Office

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances the target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, Unfortunately it appears that your application will not be processed within the 6 months target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect tot make a decision on your application by 24th July, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

My Time Line :

Applied on : 15th Nov 2016
Bio Metric Done : 28th Nov 2016
Currnet Status : Tier 1(General)

When I renewed the Visa last time, I have shown both Self Employed and Employed (PAYE) income and declared the correct self employment income on HMRC as it stated on Accountant Report. I have agreed to pay the Outstanding Tax through Monthly direct debit since December 2014.

Has any one got the similar letter ? I have been getting Automated Emails every month on 24th so and this letter also dated on 24th April.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Hi
Have you received your decision yet? I don't still understand why additional 3 months is required after the standard 6 months when some people are getting decision in one day. Discrimination at it's height!
Hello,
No, I haven't received my decision yet.

Questionnaire revived : 09th May 2017
questionnaire submitted : 11th May 2017

Thank you.

alishaa
BANNED
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by alishaa » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:21 pm

ALL YOU MUST KNOW TAHT GOV WIL SENDING YOU ALL BACK TO OWN COUNTRY

Moderator edit: This member has now been banned from the forum

lad 14
Junior Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:48 am
Wales

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by lad 14 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:31 pm

***Update***

I have varied my ILR application from SET(O) to SET(LR) yesterday - 23 August 2016

MY ILR timeline-

Application : SET (LR) 10 year long residence POSTAL application
Application sent: 23 August 2016
Application Received: 24 August 2016
Payment deducted: **Application Varied**
Automated emails received: Not Received
Acknowledgement/BRP letter received : Not Received
BRP Done : 5 September 2016
Letter Received - 10 February 2017- Complex Issue Letter received - Case cannot be decide in 6 months
Letter Received - 03 May 2017 - To complete and return attach Questionnaire, and also to provide SA302 and Tax Year Overview for the time of Tier 1 extension
Questionnaire Form, SA302's and Tax Year Overview sent - 01/06/2017
ILR approval letter received:
BRP received :

eoo10
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by eoo10 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:32 pm

lad 14 wrote:***Update***

I have varied my ILR application from SET(O) to SET(LR) yesterday - 23 August 2016

MY ILR timeline-

Application : SET (LR) 10 year long residence POSTAL application
Application sent: 23 August 2016
Application Received: 24 August 2016
Payment deducted: **Application Varied**
Automated emails received: Not Received
Acknowledgement/BRP letter received : Not Received
BRP Done : 5 September 2016
Letter Received - 10 February 2017- Complex Issue Letter received - Case cannot be decide in 6 months
Letter Received - 03 May 2017 - To complete and return attach Questionnaire, and also to provide SA302 and Tax Year Overview for the time of Tier 1 extension
Questionnaire Form, SA302's and Tax Year Overview sent - 01/06/2017
ILR approval letter received:
BRP received :

Hi Lad 14,

Thanks for the update. I pretty know that the wait is becoming unbearable for you but I wish you and us all the very best.

Madimadi
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:52 am

Switch ILR to LR

Post by Madimadi » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:10 pm

Dear All,
I submitted my ILR application March 2016. 2010-2011 Director of the company+employed -2012-13 sole trader+employed tax amended 2015 December both of returns currently paying the tax in instalment. My question is next month I will have 10 years in UK can I apply 28 days before for LR.? 02nd what you will suggest should I apply for LR or wait for answer from HO ..? in case of refusal can I apply for LR.?

Look forward to hearing from all of you.

be123+
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:35 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by be123+ » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:54 pm

Hi all,

Applied for ILR Route : ILR LR
Date application sent : 01/06/2016
Document received by HO :04/06/2016
Ack email received (if applicable) :
Biometric Letter received :23.06.2016
Date Biometrics Enrolled :24.06.2016
Payment Debited :
Approval Received : 04/06/17
BRP Card Received: 05/06/17

My case has been very straight forward for this application. I submitted all documents required to support the application even though it's only required all passport. It has been a year since the first submission and I have no idea why the HO is so slow to decide the application. To be honest, it's just not fair how the cases are being handled when so many of us have been waiting for so long.

Hope everyone will get the outcome from the HO soon. It's definitely something that people can learn from this forum even though everyone has different case.

Thank you

eoo10
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by eoo10 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:37 pm

be123+ wrote:Hi all,

Applied for ILR Route : ILR LR
Date application sent : 01/06/2016
Document received by HO :04/06/2016
Ack email received (if applicable) :
Biometric Letter received :23.06.2016
Date Biometrics Enrolled :24.06.2016
Payment Debited :
Approval Received : 04/06/17
BRP Card Received: 05/06/17

My case has been very straight forward for this application. I submitted all documents required to support the application even though it's only required all passport. It has been a year since the first submission and I have no idea why the HO is so slow to decide the application. To be honest, it's just not fair how the cases are being handled when so many of us have been waiting for so long.

Hope everyone will get the outcome from the HO soon. It's definitely something that people can learn from this forum even though everyone has different case.

Thank you
Congratulations be123+ A year wait is absurd but it's a good thing that it's to your favour eventually. Do enjoy your freedom.

Chief786
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:02 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Chief786 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:28 am

tech0007 wrote:
Hi , i got refusal under 245CD 19(I), (J). i was not awarded any points for my self employment. I didnt have tax issues. I have completed 10 years, do you think i can get ilr based on Set LR- having rejection with 245CD , 19(i), 19 (j)

Hi Tech0007,

Can you please give some more details in relation to your case ? Secondly, what were exact words or main points they raised in the refusal letter ? Please let me know. Thanks

Tee456
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Tee456 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:57 pm

Dear member please help me on below as desperately need help.

I need your expertise on my immigration matter as below:

2007 - 2010. Student Visa
2010 - 2012. Post Study Worker Visa
(My wife joined me in UK as PSW dependent during 2011, staying always dependent later)
2012- Applied FLR (O)

2013- Refusal with rights of appeal

During 2013- 2015 - FTT refused- UT refused and Court of Appeal exhausted all appeal rights with no permission for hearing (3c leave ends here..?)

Applied fresh application FLR (FP) on compassionate grounds within 28 days of Court of Appeal decision which is still pending till now with fees deducted, biometrics done and IHS paid as well for me and 1 dependant wife.

During May 2017 I have completed 10 years residency in UK with above situations and current application still pending for decision.

Kindly let me know if I can apply for settlement ILR on this occasion and how ?

Please advice in case of accepted FLR, my previous continuity of residence will be counted for 10 years ILR.

Should I go ahead for ILR and if rejected then where I fall?

Kindly ask whatever needed.

Thank you very much and kind regard

-- Tee

Esther67
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Esther67 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Esther67 wrote:Hi All,
I have noticed on this thread that HO has not been responding within 6 months as standard ☹️. My husband has applied for ILR (LR) and it's almost 6 months already. I am his dependant and my visa will expire shortly after the standard 6 months. In case we haven't received a response by then, please what visa can i apply for while we wait for hubby's response?

Thanks
Estee67
You should submit FLR(M) if you meet ALL the requirements, English A2 and Financial Requirement. You must apply before your current visa expires and you should state that you wish your application to be decided once your husband's application is decided.

If his ILR fails, your FLR(M) will also fail.

Thanks very much CROO1

Esther67
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Esther67 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:08 pm

legalkhan wrote:
Esther67 wrote:Hi All,
I have noticed on this thread that HO has not been responding within 6 months as standard ☹️. My husband has applied for ILR (LR) and it's almost 6 months already. I am his dependant and my visa will expire shortly after the standard 6 months. In case we haven't received a response by then, please what visa can i apply for while we wait for hubby's response?

Thanks
Estee67
Dear Esther67,
I am exactly in the same situation, its been 7 months my ILR(LR) is pending, No exceptional circumstances. Really very frustrating situation. I had applied for my wife FLR(m) with a covering letter requesting them to put my wife's application on hold untill my ILR has been decided. After two months of my wife application we received a letter stating that they have put her application on hold until my ILR decision.
CR001 is right just apply for FLR(M) provided all other requirements are met with a covering letter.

Thank you so much LegalKhan. It is really frustrating and unfair

Tee456
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Tee456 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:14 am

Tee456 wrote:Dear member please help me on below as desperately need help.

I need your expertise on my immigration matter as below:

2007 - 2010. Student Visa
2010 - 2012. Post Study Worker Visa
(My wife joined me in UK as PSW dependent during 2011, staying always dependent later)
2012- Applied FLR (O)

2013- Refusal with rights of appeal

During 2013- 2015 - FTT refused- UT refused and Court of Appeal exhausted all appeal rights with no permission for hearing (3c leave ends here..?)

Applied fresh application FLR (FP) on compassionate grounds within 28 days of Court of Appeal decision which is still pending till now with fees deducted, biometrics done and IHS paid as well for me and 1 dependant wife.

During May 2017 I have completed 10 years residency in UK with above situations and current application still pending for decision.

Kindly let me know if I can apply for settlement ILR on this occasion and how ?

Please advice in case of accepted FLR, my previous continuity of residence will be counted for 10 years ILR.

Should I go ahead for ILR and if rejected then where I fall?

Kindly ask whatever needed.

Thank you very much and kind regard

-- Tee

Mrchaany
Senior Member
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:52 pm
Location: Reading
Contact:

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Mrchaany » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:33 am

Tee456 You need to apply may be you will got ILR
No can stop you
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

Tee456
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Tee456 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:26 am

Mrchaany wrote:Tee456 You need to apply may be you will got ILR
No can stop you

Thank you ''Mrchaany''.

But how does this work, if i've lost 3c leave since appeal rights exhausted during 2015??

I need clarification on this matter that within the 28 days of 3C leave expiry and appeal rights exhausted, if someone apply for FLR (FP) and during the process of decision of his/her valid application completes 10 years long residency then what is legal explanation in this case?

I've read out HO guidance but could not find about relevant description in this scenario.

Thank you

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78703
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:47 pm

Tee456 wrote:
Mrchaany wrote:Tee456 You need to apply may be you will got ILR
No can stop you

Thank you ''Mrchaany''.

But how does this work, if i've lost 3c leave since appeal rights exhausted during 2015??

I need clarification on this matter that within the 28 days of 3C leave expiry and appeal rights exhausted, if someone apply for FLR (FP) and during the process of decision of his/her valid application completes 10 years long residency then what is legal explanation in this case?

I've read out HO guidance but could not find about relevant description in this scenario.

Thank you
It would be useful and beneficial to you if you stuck to your own topic (link below)you already have rather than duplicating your questions in this topic, given that your case is complex.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/if-appeal-ri ... l#p1494480
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ishara123
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by ishara123 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:55 am

Hello All,
Just want to give some update on my case. It's been almost 7 months since applying for Set (LR). I have contacted UKVI today (Contact Number 03001232241) and explained the situation as I need to travel as part of my Job. HR also gonna send a letter to home office behalf of me. So, at the end of the telephone conversation (After waiting almost 30 mins), they have given me a call reference number and also informed that Home office will contact me within 5 working days.

PS : If you want to know about my situation, please follow the previous post kindly.

Thank you.

sunnysunny1994
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:28 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by sunnysunny1994 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi all,

One question, if I withdraw my application then in how many days I will get back my documents. And what status will I have? Am I allowed to work till I get my documents back. Kindly reply. Thanks

eoo10
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by eoo10 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:39 pm

sunnysunny1994 wrote:Hi all,

One question, if I withdraw my application then in how many days I will get back my documents. And what status will I have? Am I allowed to work till I get my documents back. Kindly reply. Thanks
Hi sunnysunny1994,

I personally think that you should take things easy with yourself as it's very much obvious that you are stressed out over this tax issue. Why not provide the information required of you and hope for the best and possible appeal right in worst case scenario. Take it easy as depression is real.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78703
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:06 am

sunnysunny1994 wrote:Hi all,

One question, if I withdraw my application then in how many days I will get back my documents. And what status will I have? Am I allowed to work till I get my documents back. Kindly reply. Thanks
If you withdraw your ILR application and your visa has already expired, then you have no legal status and cannot work.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Locked
cron