ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
sunnysunny1994
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:28 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by sunnysunny1994 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
sunnysunny1994 wrote:Hi all,

One question, if I withdraw my application then in how many days I will get back my documents. And what status will I have? Am I allowed to work till I get my documents back. Kindly reply. Thanks
If you withdraw your ILR application and your visa has already expired, then you have no legal status and cannot work.
Thanks, how many days HO will post my documents. Will they send any confirmation. What r chances if i apply again from back home for tier 2? Kindly reply.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79126
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:38 pm

sunnysunny1994 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
sunnysunny1994 wrote:Hi all,

One question, if I withdraw my application then in how many days I will get back my documents. And what status will I have? Am I allowed to work till I get my documents back. Kindly reply. Thanks
If you withdraw your ILR application and your visa has already expired, then you have no legal status and cannot work.
Thanks, how many days HO will post my documents. Will they send any confirmation. What r chances if i apply again from back home for tier 2? Kindly reply.
Please ask your Tier 2 questions in the Tier 2 sub forum. It is not appropriate to ask such questions in this Set(LR) topic.

If your visa has already expired, HO will likely NOT send your documents but give them to you at the airport once you confirm with them the date you are leaving.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ns6
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by ns6 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi

I have a couple of questions around the most recent SET(ILR) form (Version 4, 2017).

1. "DUTY TO STATE ALL REASONS TO REMAIN IN THE UNITED KINGDOM"..........
All your reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom must be
stated in this application. This requirement is being given under section 120 of
the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002. If you do not tell us now of any
reasons or grounds for remaining in the United Kingdom and you tell us later without
good reason, you will lose any right of appeal you may have otherwise qualified for if
we refuse your claim. You can use the box at the end of section 3.2.

There is no space at the end of section 3.2 at all!! So where should I put in my reasons to stay in the UK


2. For the reasons to remain in the UK, are the HO looking for any specific terminology....I will be stating spouse working here, own house (mortgage), friends etc. Is there anything else that needs to be stated?

I would be providing all the passports etc so do I still need to provide the bank statements?

Many thanks :)

eoo10
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by eoo10 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:59 am

ns6 wrote:Hi

I have a couple of questions around the most recent SET(ILR) form (Version 4, 2017).

1. "DUTY TO STATE ALL REASONS TO REMAIN IN THE UNITED KINGDOM"..........
All your reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom must be
stated in this application. This requirement is being given under section 120 of
the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002. If you do not tell us now of any
reasons or grounds for remaining in the United Kingdom and you tell us later without
good reason, you will lose any right of appeal you may have otherwise qualified for if
we refuse your claim. You can use the box at the end of section 3.2.

There is no space at the end of section 3.2 at all!! So where should I put in my reasons to stay in the UK


2. For the reasons to remain in the UK, are the HO looking for any specific terminology....I will be stating spouse working here, own house (mortgage), friends etc. Is there anything else that needs to be stated?

I would be providing all the passports etc so do I still need to provide the bank statements?

Many thanks :)
Hi,
Yes you can state those reason which you have mentioned. You don't need to submit bank statement as LR route does not require it. However, I will advise you to make it handy should you attend premium service.

MALIK336
BANNED
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:15 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by MALIK336 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi I applied on 6 march on set lr for 10 years and done my biometric on 3rd April today I checked on website it's say awaiting dicion website update 21st April dose anyone know how long it wil take ?

Chief786
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:02 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Chief786 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:40 pm

MALIK336 wrote:Hi I applied on 6 march on set lr for 10 years and done my biometric on 3rd April today I checked on website it's say awaiting dicion website update 21st April dose anyone know how long it wil take ?

Malik Sab when did you apply March 2016 or March 2017 ? I applied in September 2016 and still waiting. Filled questionnaire and sent it back end of May. We're you on Tier 1 ? If yes then have you received any questionnaire ? Please let us know. Thanks

MALIK336
BANNED
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:15 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by MALIK336 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:21 pm

No I applied on long residency 10 year and applied in 2017 and not racived any letter or nothing like this all I have to prove that I bin in uk legal for 10 year and I did that did u check on web site

Chief786
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:02 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Chief786 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:05 pm

MALIK336 wrote:No I applied on long residency 10 year and applied in 2017 and not racived any letter or nothing like this all I have to prove that I bin in uk legal for 10 year and I did that did u check on web site

Checking on website is total waste of time. So what's your immigration history ? I have applied Set LR 10 years as well but I was on Tier 1 General before. What's your immigration history ? Were you on Tier 2 before applying Set LR ?

MALIK336
BANNED
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:15 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by MALIK336 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:15 pm

NO I had my application with home office for 8 years and then ho give me dl first I cam on vist visa 2006 and b4 visa expir I applied for further leve to remain on out side rule and home office took 8 year to decide my application and after 8 year ho office gave me dl for 30 months and now I have bin in uk for 11 year 3 months and I applied on set lr also have one British child so hope I wil get my ilr aproove soon

Cpt
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:44 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Cpt » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi Guys,
I applied for perment residents card online1/6/2017
I receive my ID case number but I would to know how check my status online, any one have any idea which link can I use please send it to me thanks and good luck for all.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79126
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:09 pm

Cpt wrote:Hi Guys,
I applied for perment residents card online1/6/2017
I receive my ID case number but I would to know how check my status online, any one have any idea which link can I use please send it to me thanks and good luck for all.
PR or ILR??? There is a difference. What is your nationality and immigration status?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yashpinz
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by yashpinz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:32 pm

I have varied my Set (LR) application from SET(FP) to SET(LR) on - 24 October 2016

MY Set (LR) timeline-

Application : SET (LR) 10 year long residence POSTAL application
Application sent: 24 October 2016
Application Received: 24 August 2016
Payment deducted: **Application Varied**
Automated emails received: Received
Acknowledgement/BRP letter received : Received on 15 November
BRP Done : 2 December 2016
Letter Received - 17 May 2017 - To complete and return attach Questionnaire, and also to provide SA302 and Tax Year Overview for the time of Tier 1 extension
Questionnaire Form, SA302's and Tax Year Overview sent - 05/06/2017
Tax Amendment Conducted for two years 2010-2011 and 2013-2014
Set (LR) approval letter received: Not Yet
BRP received : Not Yet

Hi Folks!

Above is my Set (LR) journey, I waited about 8 months now but application still in progress, did anyone receive any correspondence after submitting the Tax Questionnaire Form, SA302's and Tax Year Overview.
Please state your entire journey in both cases (Visa Granted or Refused) so we know about the process time.

yashpinz
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by yashpinz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:48 pm

Hi Folks

I have found a very good link where you could check your visa application status by entering your UKVI Case number which is found on your Biometric Letter;

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... ion-status

Please use it and update me what your status says;

Mine says "Awaiting a decision"

Friends please share your experiences, tips, suggestions and advice so the community could take advantage of your valuable experience.

Regards
Yash

Chief786
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:02 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Chief786 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:11 am

yashpinz wrote:Hi Folks

I have found a very good link where you could check your visa application status by entering your UKVI Case number which is found on your Biometric Letter;

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... ion-status

Please use it and update me what your status says;

Mine says "Awaiting a decision"

Friends please share your experiences, tips, suggestions and advice so the community could take advantage of your valuable experience.

Regards
Yash
Hi Yash,

I have been waiting for the last 10 months. Secondly, that online checking service is total waste of time. I have seen 4 or 5 good results on this immigration board site but all of them they had to wait around 12 to 13 months. So hopefully we will get a decision in next couple of months. Hope for the best. Thanks

yashpinz
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by yashpinz » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi Chief and all friends

Its nice you respond to my query, I have two other friends who applied for Set (LR) who had done amendments and they receive Tax Questionnaire and then they receive their visa granted after 4 months of submitting this Tax Questionnaire.

Do you know any such cases after Tax Questionnaire submission.

Regards
Yash Pinz

newyears2018
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:25 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by newyears2018 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:46 pm

i came this country may 2015 and applied for ilr 2016 and was refused as i was overstay while waiting visa and university gave me wrong information and i was overstay about 40 day.2015 i app;ied ilr it was refused due to overstay 2008.
they gave me option to appeal to court i appeal but i withdraw my case just Mont before my court date and i made fresh work permit application 2017 .
this 2018 i am going to complaited 10 years again. does anyone has any idea i can get a ilr successfully ? as i am little bit scared at the moment .


helppp
regards
tm

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79126
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:26 pm

newyears2018 wrote:i came this country may 2015 and applied for ilr 2016 and was refused as i was overstay while waiting visa and university gave me wrong information and i was overstay about 40 day.2015 i app;ied ilr it was refused due to overstay 2008.
they gave me option to appeal to court i appeal but i withdraw my case just Mont before my court date and i made fresh work permit application 2017 .
this 2018 i am going to complaited 10 years again. does anyone has any idea i can get a ilr successfully ? as i am little bit scared at the moment .


helppp
regards
tm
It would be helpful if you actually listed all your immigration history and visas with exact dates of visa start and expiry and why you have period(s) of overstay and all dates relevant to appeals etc. Otherwise it is impossible for anyone to advise you if you qualify for ILR based on long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chief786
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:02 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Chief786 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:30 pm

yashpinz wrote:Hi Chief and all friends

Its nice you respond to my query, I have two other friends who applied for Set (LR) who had done amendments and they receive Tax Questionnaire and then they receive their visa granted after 4 months of submitting this Tax Questionnaire.

Do you know any such cases after Tax Questionnaire submission.

Regards
Yash Pinz

Hi Yash,

In the last couple of weeks I have seen two cases on this immigration board forum both of them they had amendments but they amended tax well before applying visa and corrected it. Both of them got visa one of them had to go for an interview as well as had to fill questionnaire. All the 4 or 5 cases with positive outcome had to fill questionnaire. I think getting any sort of result after sending questionnaire minimum waiting time is around 3 months.
I didn't have any amendments but still have been waiting for the last 10 months. I filled and sent the questionnaire around one month ago. Thanks

Nasreen786786
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Nasreen786786 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi CR008


I wanted to know that myself and my family has been put on 10year route on my daughter basis who is under 18 and lived here in UK for past 9 years and 10 months when our visa was issued on family life basis, on 10 year route and on that basis we have been given 30 months visa as just after this visa was issued after 2months we had completed our 10 year legal residency but our solicitor told us that because you have been putted on 10 year route now you have to extend your visa 4 times until you finish your ten years is this true?

As from your reply to this post makes me understand that only you need to complete 10 years legaly to apply for ILR and this 30 month visa was issued to us just because we had not completed our 10 years otherwise we were eligible for ILR? Kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

I will really appreciate if someone can advice on this.

priscaltony
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:12 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by priscaltony » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:45 pm

I think you've been wrongly advised by your solicitor. I was in a similar situation, have been a dependant on my husband until we applied for FP and shortly (0ne month) after we were granted my husband who had been here for 10 years before our FP application was finally decided applied for his ILR and was granted same with my daughter few months after my husband application and she was also granted.

I don't know where the said solicitor got his information from, but he has advised you wrongly. You don't have to be 10 years on that route before you can apply for ILR and you will be able to add the time you have spend on the 2.5 years leave to your previous legal leave to qualify for ILR under long residence.
Nasreen786786 wrote:Hi CR008


I wanted to know that myself and my family has been put on 10year route on my daughter basis who is under 18 and lived here in UK for past 9 years and 10 months when our visa was issued on family life basis, on 10 year route and on that basis we have been given 30 months visa as just after this visa was issued after 2months we had completed our 10 year legal residency but our solicitor told us that because you have been putted on 10 year route now you have to extend your visa 4 times until you finish your ten years is this true?

As from your reply to this post makes me understand that only you need to complete 10 years legaly to apply for ILR and this 30 month visa was issued to us just because we had not completed our 10 years otherwise we were eligible for ILR? Kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

I will really appreciate if someone can advice on this.

MALIK336
BANNED
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:15 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by MALIK336 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:57 pm

Well solicitor are there for some reason but my friend applied last year and he came as vistor and after he been in uk for 11 years and he granted last year

MALIK336
BANNED
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:15 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by MALIK336 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:58 pm

And my friend had no visa all those years and he still granted under 10year long residency

eoo10
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by eoo10 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:02 pm

ishara123 wrote:Hello All,
Just want to give some update on my case. It's been almost 7 months since applying for Set (LR). I have contacted UKVI today (Contact Number 03001232241) and explained the situation as I need to travel as part of my Job. HR also gonna send a letter to home office behalf of me. So, at the end of the telephone conversation (After waiting almost 30 mins), they have given me a call reference number and also informed that Home office will contact me within 5 working days.

PS : If you want to know about my situation, please follow the previous post kindly.

Thank you.

Hi Ishara123,

Did the UKVI got back to you as promised? Did they respond to your HR? This waiting is not good for the health!

Vesh123
Junior Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:40 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Vesh123 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:14 pm

I applied my ILR last year (Tier1 General route) on same day and got refusal due to tax issues. As I had my leave valid therefore I applied fresh application by post which is still pending with them. They call me for interview on 3rd April 2017 and waiting for the decision. Now my 10 years are completing on 6th August 2017. So, If anyone could help me with my below questions I would be very thankful to you.

1. Can I submit my new long residence application (10 years route) while pending the ILR (Tier1 General) application and interview had done.
2. If I can apply 10 years route application then how many days before I can submit it while pending previous application ( as 10 years are completing on 6th Aug).
3. Do I also need to tell them that my previous application is pending and what reason I can give why I'm sending new application? Or I just submit the new application without any reason.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Vesh

learner29
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by learner29 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:46 pm

I have a quick question if someone can reply.

I applied for ILR on the basis of LR (10) in september 2016, still waiting for the decision. Now my question is

Will I get a right to appeal in case my application is refused.

I was on student visa for almost 7 years and last 3 years on Tier 2 visa. And my tier 2 visa has been expired now.

Also, Is there any way to check the status of application online.

Thanks

Locked
cron