ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New ILR process, Time to decision

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).

This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

manibala89
Newly Registered

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by manibala89 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:17 am

i have been calling the same number for two days and selected option 3 followed by 2 and then 1.. an officer collected all the details and said will escalate the problem. but didnt hear anything afterwards..

akshay13t
Newly Registered
India

Post by akshay13t » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:41 pm

**UPDATE**
I applied on 22nd in Glasgow through Sopra Steria using super priority service.
* Contacted on 23rd as had no reply within 24 hours- the agent on the phone said that he will escalate my case and should have a reply in 5 working days max
* Got an email at 8pm the same evening saying that my application is still under the service standards hence they cant do anything
* Nothing until 27th oct, so called them again and the agent said that he will re-escalate my case
*Got an email on 29th that my ILR has been granted and that I should receive the BRP Card in due course.

akshay13t
Newly Registered
India

Post by akshay13t » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:42 pm

**UPDATE**
I applied on 22nd in Glasgow through Sopra Steria using super priority service.
* Contacted on 23rd as had no reply within 24 hours- the agent on the phone said that he will escalate my case and should have a reply in 5 working days max
* Got an email at 8pm the same evening saying that my application is still under the service standards hence they cant do anything
* Nothing until 27th oct, so called them again and the agent said that he will re-escalate my case
*Got an email on 29th that my ILR has been granted and that I should receive the BRP Card in due course.

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nihalcastelino » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:00 am

Funny I got my approval letter after I got the brp.dated 27th.feel like asking for refund

Deltaalpha
Newly Registered
India

Post by Deltaalpha » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:08 am

Applied on 22nd Nov didn't get any email or letter. visa approved on 23rd got BRP directly to home. Seems likes informing about the application process seems not to be working.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:54 am

Congratulations! When did you get your BRP?
Deltaalpha wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:08 am
Applied on 22nd Nov didn't get any email or letter. visa approved on 23rd got BRP directly to home. Seems likes informing about the application process seems not to be working.

Deltaalpha
Newly Registered
India

Post by Deltaalpha » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:59 am

Thanks got yesterday evening via DX

brrip
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by brrip » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Did my biometrics yesterday morning, have not heard anything. I tried calling the number in this thread, no luck - they just said they don't have access to the system. I politely asked if they could take down my case number and notify the case worker - they refused.

Tried on both the option 3 (ongoing applications) and 4 (for settlement in the UK) on the phone menu.

They told me to email the ApplyOnlineE-support e-mail address to ask about the outcome, and just kept insisting that they should have let me know within 24 hours.

I asked if it is normal for it to be over 24 hours to a decision, and they just said well that's just a target they try to keep to, there is no guarantee.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:34 pm

brrip wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:28 pm
Did my biometrics yesterday morning, have not heard anything. I tried calling the number in this thread, no luck - they just said they don't have access to the system. I politely asked if they could take down my case number and notify the case worker - they refused.

Tried on both the option 3 (ongoing applications) and 4 (for settlement in the UK) on the phone menu.

They told me to email the ApplyOnlineE-support e-mail address to ask about the outcome, and just kept insisting that they should have let me know within 24 hours.

I asked if it is normal for it to be over 24 hours to a decision, and they just said well that's just a target they try to keep to, there is no guarantee.
Members have reported numerous times that it is 24 business hours not literal 24 hours.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brrip
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by brrip » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:34 pm
brrip wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Members have reported numerous times that it is 24 business hours not literal 24 hours.
I am aware, I was more reporting my experience with the helplines because other members seem to have had success in getting the helpline staff to nudge the case workers directly.

cja_1234

Post by cja_1234 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:45 pm

manibala89 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:17 am
i have been calling the same number for two days and selected option 3 followed by 2 and then 1.. an officer collected all the details and said will escalate the problem. but didnt hear anything afterwards..
Dear manibala89

Have you heard anything since... however long it was ago.

manibala89
Newly Registered

Post by manibala89 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:26 pm

I applied on 22nd November at Manchester Central library ILR set(o) using sopra steria premium appointment.. 14 days past still no news.. Tried calling them thrice.. Its been escalated twice but still no use. My suggestion please avoid Manchester Central library branch..

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:16 pm

manibala89 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:26 pm
I applied on 22nd November at Manchester Central library ILR set(o) using sopra steria premium appointment.. 14 days past still no news.. Tried calling them thrice.. Its been escalated twice but still no use. My suggestion please avoid Manchester Central library branch..
Hi Mannibala
Have you received any query from HO about your application, may be some additional information? or no communication at all since your appointment.

Lotes
Newly Registered

Post by Lotes » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:46 pm

For this new process, can one submit the application before the 28 days and then book appointment within the 28 days? Or once application is submitted an appointment is automatically booked?

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:56 pm

Lotes wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:46 pm
For this new process, can one submit the application before the 28 days and then book appointment within the 28 days? Or once application is submitted an appointment is automatically booked?
In the new system once you submit the online application you have to book an appointment with in 28 days. Appointment is not automatically booked.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:15 pm

In new ILR process Can T1 ent to iLR use same day service?

brrip
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by brrip » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:47 am

manibala89 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:26 pm
That's so odd. I can't even get them to escalate it. They keep telling me they won't be able to do that.

Hope you get your answer soon!

ecu-daba
Newly Registered
Ecuador

Post by ecu-daba » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:51 am

Hi All,

I want to share my experience using the super priority service with Sopra Steria. I submitted an application on 19/11/2018 and attended an appointment at the Belfast Core Centre with Sopra Steria on 26/11/2018. The process was very quick. My documents were checked and scanned and my biometrics were taken. The whole process took about 10 minutes. The girl at the Sopra Steria desk told me a decision will be made within 24hrs otherwise contact the Home office directly. To summarise my experience since my appointment on 26/11/2018:

- I never received an application confirmation email as told by Sopra Steria
- Received an e-mail from UKVI indicating to approach my nearest post office to submit my biometrics but to ignore it if I have already done so. My Biometrics were taken at Sopra Steria so I ignored the letter
- On Tuesday 4th December I contacted the home office using the option for applications that have elapsed their offered service time. The guy on the line took my full details , application number and assured me someone will be contacting me in due course.
- As of today, Thursday 6th Dec, 10 Days after my appointment , I haven received any notifications, emails or letters. Im still waiting for the phone call from the Home office. Pleas enote that this includes any potential clarification requests from the Home office relating to my application. I simply have not received any communications.

I have read in other threads that the 24hrs are actually 24 working hours which translate to 3 working days.Even If I take this into consideration, I should have received at least my confirmation letter by now.

I will keep posting updates as the days go by. I hope this helps

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:50 pm

ecu-daba wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:51 am
Hi All,

I want to share my experience using the super priority service with Sopra Steria. I submitted an application on 19/11/2018 and attended an appointment at the Belfast Core Centre with Sopra Steria on 26/11/2018. The process was very quick. My documents were checked and scanned and my biometrics were taken. The whole process took about 10 minutes. The girl at the Sopra Steria desk told me a decision will be made within 24hrs otherwise contact the Home office directly. To summarise my experience since my appointment on 26/11/2018:

- I never received an application confirmation email as told by Sopra Steria
- Received an e-mail from UKVI indicating to approach my nearest post office to submit my biometrics but to ignore it if I have already done so. My Biometrics were taken at Sopra Steria so I ignored the letter
- On Tuesday 4th December I contacted the home office using the option for applications that have elapsed their offered service time. The guy on the line took my full details , application number and assured me someone will be contacting me in due course.
- As of today, Thursday 6th Dec, 10 Days after my appointment , I haven received any notifications, emails or letters. Im still waiting for the phone call from the Home office. Pleas enote that this includes any potential clarification requests from the Home office relating to my application. I simply have not received any communications.

I have read in other threads that the 24hrs are actually 24 working hours which translate to 3 working days.Even If I take this into consideration, I should have received at least my confirmation letter by now.

I will keep posting updates as the days go by. I hope this helps
Hi ecu-daba
I also submitted my ILR application under super priority service in Manchester on 27/11/2018.I haven't received any communication from home office as well. Today is 9th day from appointment and no response.This is very frustating as we don't know what is the status of application and what is going on..

manibala89
Newly Registered

Post by manibala89 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:42 pm

Rite 15 days passed by since applied, still no query from HO or any point of contact from UKVI, applied on 22nd Nov (ILR SET O) first escalation on wednesday 28th Novemeber got a standard email saying that it is still under standard service time. Gave them a call on Thursday 29th and reescalated the case.. waited for 5 days until today 6th November still no contact. Called ukvi again and its been escalated third time and they said someone will be in touch shortly.. finger crossed..