ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

outside of UK > 180 days, can I apply for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Haris2108

outside of UK > 180 days, can I apply for ILR?

Post by Haris2108 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:41 am

Hello

I finished my 5 year stay in UK( 3 +2 ). I am about to apply for ILR but I stayed total of 440 days outside of UK in those 5 years but less than 90 days each year and never consecutively for more than 90 days.
My manager and I had oral agreement that I work from my native country each year for less than 90 days but my salary was on UK pay rolls and paid in UK bank account.Pls note that it is not business trip but I was working from my native country with oral permission of my manager which was never problem for both of us as all the work was getting done.
I have all payslips for every month of all those 5 years paid in UK and income tax certificates for those years.

As my stay is more than 180 days in those 5 years,do you think I would get PR if I apply for ILR? Pls advise

Thanks
Sumanth

Haris2108

Post by Haris2108 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:26 am

Anyone has any idea?
What is the phone number of Border Immigration Agency to get clarified for this question?

Thanks
Sumanth

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:58 am

Will you employer issue you a letter to certify these absences as work related? See template

If so, you may apply and hope for caseworker discretion to be in your favor.

regards