ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P60 instead of WP?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lunakick

P60 instead of WP?

Post by lunakick » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:00 am

-------------added to post-----------------------
I came to work in the UK under the old WP system in October 2007 then switched companies (same job title) in 2011 with Tier 2 general visa. I want to apply for ILR and I have the following:
LIUK test passed (and partner)
Letter from current employer with SOC code and permanent contract
Letter from current employer regarding my few absences for work
6 mo. payslips
6 mo. bank statements

1) I don't have my work permit certificate. Do P60s count? I also have the offer letter of employment from my WP company. Is this enough to show I was working during 2007-2011?

2) Is it true I don't need to show marriage cert or cohab proof? My partner and I entered the UK together and were married prior to our arrival in UK - we've never been apart since we've been in the UK.
Thanks!
-----------------------added--------------------------------
So, would people recommend PEO? My current Tier 2 visa expires June 2014, so I have about 9 months if I submit my ILR soon (for me and two dependents). Thanks!
Last edited by lunakick on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:10 am

Depends on when you qualify for ILR, what your travel plans are around that time and up to a year beyond, etc...
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

lunakick

Post by lunakick » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:44 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Depends on when you qualify for ILR, what your travel plans are around that time and up to a year beyond, etc...
I qualified September, 2012. Travel plans are non-existent since when I had a name change last year they took three months and I almost missed a flight. I've learned my lesson! I know one can stay in the UK and work while the application is in progress, so we could stay beyond 30 June 2014. I just worry about the unlikely event of being denied ILR after my visa has expired. I have seen other people on these boards talking about their desire to apply to renew their Tier 2 while their ILR was still in progress - that kind of stress, I do not need!

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:22 pm

lunakick wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:Depends on when you qualify for ILR, what your travel plans are around that time and up to a year beyond, etc...
I qualified September, 2012. Travel plans are non-existent since when I had a name change last year they took three months and I almost missed a flight. I've learned my lesson! I know one can stay in the UK and work while the application is in progress, so we could stay beyond 30 June 2014. I just worry about the unlikely event of being denied ILR after my visa has expired. I have seen other people on these boards talking about their desire to apply to renew their Tier 2 while their ILR was still in progress - that kind of stress, I do not need!
If your case is straight forward PEO is the better option in my opinion. The waiting times, stress and unknowns that blight postal applications was to much for me to even contemplate.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

lunakick

Post by lunakick » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:30 am

Thanks Heisgood, you're right that it is a pain. I had to email my MP last time, and phone UKBA and I really did not like the time I was spending doing that - not to mention the stress!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:38 am

lunakick wrote:I came to work in the UK under the old WP system in October 2007 then switched companies (same job title) in 2011 with Tier 2 general visa. I want to apply for ILR and I have the following:
LIUK test passed (and partner)
Letter from current employer with SOC code and permanent contract
Letter from current employer regarding my few absences for work
6 mo. payslips
6 mo. bank statements

1) I don't have my work permit certificate. Do P60s count? I also have the offer letter of employment from my WP company. Is this enough to show I was working during 2007-2011?

2) Is it true I don't need to show marriage cert or cohab proof? My partner and I entered the UK together and were married prior to our arrival in UK - we've never been apart since we've been in the UK.
Thanks!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

lunakick

Post by lunakick » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Heisgood wrote:
lunakick wrote:
If your case is straight forward PEO is the better option in my opinion. The waiting times, stress and unknowns that blight postal applications was to much for me to even contemplate.
I guess it's not straight forward since I have changed jobs (WP then Tier2 general), and have 2 dependants.

Do you know if P60s can take the place of proof of work permit (ie., certificate)?

lunakick

Post by lunakick » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:53 am

Since you have to show economic activity for 5 years, can you use P60s and not show the work permit certificate? Thanks

lunakick

Post by lunakick » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:14 am

On the set(O) form, in documents needed, it says if you were married while in the uk or your spouse came later, you need to show marriage certificate and cohabitation documents. So, if those 2 things are not true, I don't need to show marriage certificate and cohabitation documents? Please advise how you interpret that. Thanks!

lunakick

Post by lunakick » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:06 pm

lunakick wrote:On the set(O) form, in documents needed, it says if you were married while in the uk or your spouse came later, you need to show marriage certificate and cohabitation documents. So, if those 2 things are not true, I don't need to show marriage certificate and cohabitation documents? Please advise how you interpret that. Thanks!
Anyone?? Please help.