ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Address for ILR : Tier 2 (General)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KeramoS3
Newly Registered

Proof of Address for ILR : Tier 2 (General)

Post by KeramoS3 » Mon May 17, 2021 11:56 am

Hello Everyone,

I will soon be applying for ILR, hopefully within a month or so. I'm going through the forum and policy guidance reading up on the documents list to get an understanding of the process.

I have three questions (thus so far),

Question 1)

Does the applicant need to provide proof of address(postal/residence)?

I'm currently living in rented accommodation and the house is owned by my friend who is also the landlady but there is no tenancy agreement and my name doesn't appear on utility bills.

If proof of address is needed, then does Driving license and/or P60 from HMRC or Employment History from HMRC sufficient evidence as both these have postal address, can Bank statement be used as evidence?

Question 2)

Can I choose address other than my rented accommodation to get the BRP delivered or is it advice-able to leave it as current rented accommodation address (for simplicity)?

I'm due to move soon, due to my landlady's personal circumstances.

Question 3)
Where can I find the latest "Tier 2 of the Points Based System - Policy Guidance notes"?

ps: I may have a few more questions as I read up on the process.

Thanks in advance.

Kav

zimba
Mood:

Re: Proof of Address for ILR : Tier 2 (General)

Post by zimba » Mon May 17, 2021 12:36 pm

1. There is no proof of address requirement
2. You can have a correspondence address
3. Tier 2 route does not exist anymore. It is now the Skilled Worker route
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

KeramoS3
Newly Registered

Post by KeramoS3 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:31 pm

Thank you Zimba, much appreciated.
3. Tier 2 route does not exist anymore. It is now the Skilled Worker route
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf
Is this document used for guidance for applying for ILR SET(O) via the Tier2 (general) under which I was granted leave to remain.

Thank you in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon May 17, 2021 5:37 pm

Yes. You are now applying for ILR under the Skilled Worker rules. Changes are minor
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

KeramoS3
Newly Registered

Post by KeramoS3 » Tue May 18, 2021 8:18 am

Thank you Zimba,

May I ask:

1) what is the best way to calculate absences, I have a few over the 5yrs (holiday and work). I'm getting a bit confused with the term "rolling basis".

2) Do I need to provide certificate of sponsorship (letter) along with the reference numbers in application

3) there was a section where the application ask's if I stayed in a country other than UK (including birth country).

a) In this case I lived in India,
b) came to study in UK
c) then went back to India for couple of years
d) then I came to work in UK on Tier 2 General in 2016

Do I specify dates for a) and c) in the application?

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue May 18, 2021 11:29 am

1) see indefinite-leave-to-remain/180-days-abs ... l#p1990863
2) You just need the numbers
3) It is not important. Just say India

KeramoS3
Newly Registered

Post by KeramoS3 » Tue May 18, 2021 12:40 pm

Thank you Zimba,

You made it simple to understand...thanks.

I have two more question that I will ask here, but if the etiquette requires me to start a new thread please let me know and I shall oblige.

1) My eligibility date for applying is 8th June, and I have started the application (as you must guessed).
If I have completed the application, I should only submit the application after the 8th of June. I I submit before then am I in breach of the 28 day rule?

Only asking as I hear the appointment availability is scarce.

2) If I have read correctly Immigration health surcharge is not applicable to settlement application Set (O)

Thank you.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue May 18, 2021 3:04 pm

1. There is no such thing as 28 days rule. That is simply a concession exercised by the UKVI. ILR is granted if you were eligible on the day of the decision . So apply early or not, does not matter really
2. IHS does not apply to people applying for settlement