ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seeking advice on ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Seeking advice on ILR

Post by ruzfactor » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:54 am

Hello all,
I am looking for some advice, to apply for ILR, from the experienced forum members here.

Scenario 1:
I arrived in UK on 18th Sep, 2010. Therefore, I am eligible for the 10 year ILR next year. But, I have a gap which I am a bit confused of. I left UK on 25 Dec 2011 (visa expiry 31 Jan 2012) and returned with a new student visa on 17th March 2012 (visa issued 3rd March, 2012). There is a 83 days gap. Will that affect my ILR application?
My wife joined me on 2012, however, her continuous period is from August 2013.

Scenario 2:
I am eligible for ILR through the Tier 2 route on October 2021. My wife is on Tier 2 dependent since I had my Tier 2. In this period I have no significant gaps.

I am assuming Tier 2 ILR would be most appropriate for both of us to get it at the same time.

But, if I apply for ILR on 10 year route, will my wife have to wait for 5 years from my ILR date to get hers? We recently had a baby as well.

Thank you in advance.

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Seeking advice on ILR

Post by aman90 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 pm

Scenario 1:
No gap for purposes of LR- you were away less than 6 months and you had a valid visa.

Scenario 2:
Yes
Your ILR under LR will effectively reset dependants ILR clock.
Or she could apply under LR in 2022.. depending on her absences.