ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) Section 8B: Maintenance

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
mitchef
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:43 pm

SET(M) Questions

Post by mitchef » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi,

A bit of background

My wife got a spouse visa FLR(M) on 13-03-2013 to 13-09-2015 whilst being on a Student Visa. and the extension FLR (M) was from 29-10-15 to 04-05-2018.

We are wondering when can we apply for SET(M)?

Does it have to be WITHIN 28 days of 13-03-2018?

Or is it fine as long as we apply before 04-05-2018?

Thanks.

User avatar
Casa
Moderator
Posts: 24998
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:32 pm

Re: Do I have to apply for SET(M) within 28 days of completing 5 years?

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:56 pm

mitchef wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:50 pm
Hi,

A bit of background

My wife got a spouse visa FLR(M) on 13-03-2013 to 13-09-2015 whilst being on a Student Visa. and the extension FLR (M) was from 29-10-15 to 04-05-2018.

We are wondering when can we apply for SET(M)?

Does it have to be WITHIN 28 days of 13-03-2018?

Or is it fine as long as we apply before 04-05-2018?

Thanks.
No earlier than 28 days before and no later than the expiry date of the current visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mitchef
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:43 pm

Evidence of continuous residence in the UK - what would be suitable?

Post by mitchef » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi.

Upon filling out the SET(M) form I noticed in the checklist that I need evidence of continuous residence in the
UK. What period should this cover? And what type of documents are suitable?

I have no council tax letters, or tenancy agreements as these were all in my husband's name during the 5 year period.

Would things like p60 be ok? Could anyone suggest any other documents?

Thanks

mitchef
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:43 pm

My Husbands Salary alone is enough to meet the financial requirement, do I still need to put my salary on the SET(M)?

Post by mitchef » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:54 pm

Hi,

My husband earns above the £18,600 financial requirement, and we also have more than £18,600 in cash savings.

If I am relying on my husbands income to meet the financial requirement, do I still need to fill in the "You" column in the income from salaried employment table in 8.3A on page 26?

Or do I just fill in the "Your Spouse" column?

The reason I ask this is because If I fill in the "You" column would I need to supply my employer reference, and payslips too? Even though my husbands salary covers the financial requirement.

I will be sending my husbands 6 month Statements which have the salary deposited , his payslips for 6 months, and a letter from his employer confirming employment.

Also, would it just be more easier to just use the cash savings along with bank statements? instead of meeting the financial requirement through salaried employment?

vinny
Moderator
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: SET(M) Questions

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:02 pm

Posts merged.

Please keep all your questions related to SET(M) in this topic.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny
Moderator
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: Evidence of continuous residence in the UK - what would be suitable?

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:09 pm

mitchef wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:27 pm
Hi.

Upon filling out the SET(M) form I noticed in the checklist that I need evidence of continuous residence in the
UK. What period should this cover? And what type of documents are suitable?

I have no council tax letters, or tenancy agreements as these were all in my husband's name during the 5 year period.

Would things like p60 be ok? Could anyone suggest any other documents?

Thanks
SET(M) has examples. Provide similar to what you provided in FLR(M).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mitchef
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:43 pm

Re: My Husbands Salary alone is enough to meet the financial requirement, do I still need to put my salary on the SET(M)

Post by mitchef » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:49 pm

mitchef wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:54 pm
Hi,

My husband earns above the £18,600 financial requirement, and we also have more than £18,600 in cash savings.

If I am relying on my husbands income to meet the financial requirement, do I still need to fill in the "You" column in the income from salaried employment table in 8.3A on page 26?

Or do I just fill in the "Your Spouse" column?

The reason I ask this is because If I fill in the "You" column would I need to supply my employer reference, and payslips too? Even though my husbands salary covers the financial requirement.

I will be sending my husbands 6 month Statements which have the salary deposited , his payslips for 6 months, and a letter from his employer confirming employment.

Also, would it just be more easier to just use the cash savings along with bank statements? instead of meeting the financial requirement through salaried employment?
Would anyone be able to assist me here?

mitchef
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:43 pm

SET (M) financial requirements - Cash Savings

Post by mitchef » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:39 am

Could I just met the financial requirement by having savings of over £16000 in my account and supplying the last 6 months statements as evidence.

This would save me having to fill out my salary and employment information, and getting a letter from my employer and payslips right?

Also is £16000 the minimum of do I need to have more if I am applying as a partner of a settled person down the 5 year route?

Thank you.

User avatar
equitydealer
Member of Standing
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:22 am

Re: SET (M) financial requirements - Cash Savings

Post by equitydealer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:42 am

I believe it’s £34,600 as the minimum balance
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

mitchef
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:43 pm

Re: SET (M) financial requirements - Cash Savings

Post by mitchef » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:45 am

equitydealer wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:42 am
I believe it’s £34,600 as the minimum balance
Can this be held in multiple accounts?

Also would I be at a disadvantage if I only rely on giving evidence of my savings?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 75612
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET(M) Questions

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:11 am

vinny wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:02 pm
Posts merged.

Please keep all your questions related to SET(M) in this topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mitchef
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:43 pm

SET(M) Section 8B: Maintenance

Post by mitchef » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Hi

I am applying for set m after competing 2 lots of FLR(M) - 5 years.

My spouse meets the financial requirement through his employment.

Do I need to fill the Section 8B: Maintenance (Page 33) section in?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 75612
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET(M) Questions

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:08 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:11 am
vinny wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:02 pm
Posts merged.

Please keep all your questions related to SET(M) in this topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dadageer
Member
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:18 pm
Location: Earth
Mood:

Re: SET(M) Section 8B: Maintenance

Post by dadageer » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:42 am

mitchef wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:34 pm
Hi

I am applying for set m after competing 2 lots of FLR(M) - 5 years.

My spouse meets the financial requirement through his employment.

Do I need to fill the Section 8B: Maintenance (Page 33) section in?

I have exact same question please. My wife is going to complete her 5 years in June 2018 and we are meeting our finnancial requirement under Section 8A. She came on Spouse of a person settled in UK visa June 2013.

Do we still need to fill in Section 8B: Maintenance? (p.33)
Not all those who wander are lost...

dadageer
Member
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:18 pm
Location: Earth
Mood:

Re: SET(M) Section 8B: Maintenance

Post by dadageer » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:04 am

I think I got my answer.

8B is Not Applicable for us as on p.32 at the end it says proceed to 8C if you meet financial requirements.

However, I have another question.

Q: Page. 44 SEC:10 - Photos: Do we need to include 2x passport photos of our son? (who is British by birth).
Not all those who wander are lost...

dadageer
Member
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:18 pm
Location: Earth
Mood:

Re: SET(M) Section 8B: Maintenance

Post by dadageer » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:22 am

p.49

Q: Evidence of where your child/children normally lives and thay you and/or your partner play an active
role in their upbringing. This evidence should be dated within the last three months and can include: -
• Official correspondence addressed to the child/children;
• Doctor’s/hospital letters on official headed paper stating the child’s/children’s registered address;
• School/nursery letter(s) on headed paperstating the child’s/children’s registered address.

He is only one so what evidence can we provide? We do have some appointment letters wrt his vaccination etc. but they are all dated last year.

I will probably get a letter from GP with a confirmation that we all are registered with them since xxx with our address on it. Should this be sufficient or do we need to take his red book with us?
Not all those who wander are lost...

Locked
cron