ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET O - Tier 2 -> ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

afriley

Faded/not visible passport stamp

Post by afriley » Mon May 24, 2021 5:37 pm

Hi all,

I’m sorting out my travel dates for an upcoming Tier 2 -> ILR application.

One of the U.K. entry stamps is only partially visible - the date can’t be made out - because it was badly stamped onto my passport. I have a visible stamp when I departed the country of departure though and still have the ticket email.

Are there likely to be any issues we poorly visible stamps?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Faded/not visible passport stamp

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 24, 2021 6:09 pm

No issue.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

afriley

Post by afriley » Mon May 24, 2021 6:16 pm

Thank you!

Relatedly, I had a trip from US -> transit via Ireland (Dublin, less than 4 hrs) -> Birmingham.

As there’s no passport control when going from Dublin to Birmingham I only have a Dublin/Ireland entry stamp. I didn’t have an Irish visa, but I didn’t need one to transit without leaving the airport. I remember they did look at my U.K. BRP in Ireland though!

Shall I just submit the flight ticket as evidence for this trip, to show when I returned to the U.K.?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 24, 2021 6:30 pm

No. HO makes their own checks. Just list the absences in the form.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

afriley

Post by afriley » Mon May 24, 2021 6:32 pm

Ok, so I will just add “transit via Dublin” in the reason for travel then.

Thanks again. Really appreciate quick and helpful advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 24, 2021 6:35 pm

afriley wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 6:32 pm
Ok, so I will just add “transit via Dublin” in the reason for travel then.

Thanks again. Really appreciate quick and helpful advice.
Yes you can mention the transit in the reason section.

afriley

Post by afriley » Mon May 31, 2021 11:05 pm

Sorry, another stamp question...

I have two stamps that were crossed out by immigration officers (one was invisible so he restamped it on another page and the other was the wrong dat me so bad to be redone too).

Is it worth explaining this in a cover letter or just ignore this altogether and they’ll make sense of it?

afriley

Post by afriley » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:52 pm

Hi all, any thoughts on the above? Likely overthinking!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:54 pm

afriley wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:05 pm
Sorry, another stamp question...

I have two stamps that were crossed out by immigration officers (one was invisible so he restamped it on another page and the other was the wrong dat me so bad to be redone too).

Is it worth explaining this in a cover letter or just ignore this altogether and they’ll make sense of it?
Leave the stamps business for HO to deal with. Just list your absences in the online form. HO will do their own checks. You are overthinking.
I had 3-4 stamps which were not readable due to poor ink in my case. I did not have any issues with my ILR/Citizenship.

afriley

Post by afriley » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:01 pm

Will do. They’re just crossed out in the corners so I was worried that would confuse UKVI!

afriley

Incomplete SAR travel data

Post by afriley » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:49 am

Hello,

I’ve made a SAR request and noted that the UKVI’s records of my travel are (extremely) incomplete.

Not an issue for my ILR application completion as I have my own full records on a spreadsheet. Anyone knows if the incomplete UKVI records likely to be a problem though? Do I need to take any steps?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:56 pm

There is no issue
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

afriley

Post by afriley » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:04 pm

Thanks Zimba, that’s reassuring.

afriley

SET O - Tier 2 -> ILR

Post by afriley » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:22 pm

Hi all,

I’m now ready to apply for ILR, in the next couple of weeks. A few questions:

1. Soft copies of bank statements, payslips and employer letters can be used, right?

2. I have an old translation of a change of name certificate (ie not time sensitive). I’ve used it with previous applications - can I use it again despite it being quite a few years old? I believe translations don’t need to be within 28 days days of applying?

3. I’ve been in the U.K. for 12 years continuously on student and then Tier 2 visas but now applying on the basis of 5 years on Tier 2. What shall I answer for the “how long have you lived in the U.K” - 12 years?

zimba
Mood:

Re: SET O - Tier 2 -> ILR

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:01 pm

1. Yes
2. It is ok
3. 12 years is fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

afriley

Post by afriley » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:30 am

As always many thanks Zimba.

Any thoughts of absences that were annual leave plus short periods of WFH combined? Should I put “annual leave + short period of remote working” as the reason or something else? It was usually no more than a few working days of WFH abroad. Longest was 3 weeks during lockdown. Never anywhere near 180 days in a year and never had any unpaid leave.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:40 pm

It should be fine

afriley

Post by afriley » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:57 am

Thanks, I shall say “leave + short period of remote working” then.

Also I have lived across a few countries as a child and went through the hassle of figuring out when we moved when I was 5 and 7. But the form doesn’t seem to ask for details? I select “yes” to the question asking is I’ve lived outside of U.K. but then it goes to asking about absences during qualifying period… is this correct?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:41 pm

Those qeuestion are not imporatant. Provide minimal details

afriley

Post by afriley » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:42 pm

They’re not asking for any details about countries I’ve lived in? Not even which countries? Is that normal?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:46 pm

afriley wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:42 pm
They’re not asking for any details about countries I’ve lived in? Not even which countries? Is that normal?
Yes I was clear above, no ???

afriley

Post by afriley » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:13 pm

Sure, soz - overthinking as per…

afriley

Post by afriley » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:20 am

Hello again. My salary has been increased this month as part of university-wide inflation increase. I’ll get the next payslip on the 28/08, but my next bank statement won’t be due until 22/09. I wanted to apply at the end of this month.

Obviously my employer letter will state the new salary so I can’t use last month’s bank letter.

I could try get a provisional bank statement printed at the bank on the 29/08, would that be accepted?

afriley

Post by afriley » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:29 am

afriley wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:20 am
Hello again. My salary has been increased this month as part of university-wide inflation increase. I’ll get the next payslip on the 28/08, but my next bank statement won’t be due until 22/09. I wanted to apply at the end of this month.

Obviously my employer letter will state the new salary so I can’t use last month’s bank letter.

I could try get a provisional bank statement printed at the bank on the 29/08, would that be accepted?
So I’ve asked the bank and the temp statement printed by them in the branch won’t have the logo etc but they can attach a letter on a letterhead to go with it. So if I attach an original September 22nd statement sent to me by post plus a temporary statement + letter issued on 30th of September to show the new salary has come in, would that be ok?

I’d rather not wait until October 22nd to apply is all, as I need to travel in December and premium service appointments are delayed at the moment.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:36 am

Yes