ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route settled status under Appendix EU (EU settlement scheme)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Andy12
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 12:50 pm
Mood:
India

Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by Andy12 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:01 pm

Hi folks,

Hope you are well. I am eligible for ILR via Tier 2 General 5 year route from 1st November 2018. Booked a premium service centre appointment on the 28th of September 2018, payment made on that day and taken from account the next day. My appointment date is 09th November 2018 and I am going to use paper copy Set (o)

Could anyone please assure me that UKVI will take my appointment date as my application for ILR date? and not the date I made this appointment?

Thanks in advance.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 80868
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:10 pm

Date of your premium service appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Andy12
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 12:50 pm
Mood:
India

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by Andy12 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:10 pm
Date of your premium service appointment.
Very reassuring, CR001. Thank you so very much.

hunterex
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:46 pm
Singapore

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by hunterex » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:10 pm

Hi, I am eligible to apply for ILR from 22nd Nov onward. However, I had paid at the Home Office website and opted for the Priority Service (GBP 3000+). I intend to make an appointment end of November.

Today, I got an email from Home Office stating that
Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.
I got the shocked to get that email. Does the Home Office count 28 days on my payment date or my appointment date?

Please advise. :cry:
CR001 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:10 pm
Date of your premium service appointment.

hunterex
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:46 pm
Singapore

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by hunterex » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:10 pm

hunterex wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:10 pm
Hi, I am eligible to apply for ILR from 22nd Nov onward. However, I had paid at the Home Office website and opted for the Priority Service (GBP 3000+). I intend to make an appointment end of November.

Today, I got an email from Home Office stating that
Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.
I got the shocked to get that email. Does the Home Office count 28 days on my payment date or my appointment date?

Please advise. :cry:
CR001 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:10 pm
Date of your premium service appointment.

nice111
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:07 am

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by nice111 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:29 pm

This is very confusing and alarming. I ve got the same question that we are submitting the full application online with payment now so what would be the actual submission date, payment date or premium service date.

What I am thinking is that if we r not submitting the supporting documents with the online then it might be the case that application form is only sitting in the system till premium service appointment and will go under consideration once we submit Bio metrics and supporting documents.

Whoever has submitted the application online, can please tell that whether you submitted any documents online or not?

hunterex
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:46 pm
Singapore

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by hunterex » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:23 pm

nice111 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:29 pm
This is very confusing and alarming. I ve got the same question that we are submitting the full application online with payment now so what would be the actual submission date, payment date or premium service date.

What I am thinking is that if we r not submitting the supporting documents with the online then it might be the case that application form is only sitting in the system till premium service appointment and will go under consideration once we submit Bio metrics and supporting documents.

Whoever has submitted the application online, can please tell that whether you submitted any documents online or not?
yea, is there anyone who got such experience could shed us some light please? :?

hunterex
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:46 pm
Singapore

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by hunterex » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Hi, I got an answer from another forum post here:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/premium-serv ... l#p1702021
When I spoke to UKVI they said it will be the date of premium service as you are not submitting your documents and biometrics with online application (which makes sense).

So application wont be considered without documents therefore submission date would be the date of premium service when you submit your documents and biometrics.
by nice111

Jen1986
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:55 pm
China

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by Jen1986 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:52 pm

Andy12 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:01 pm
Hi folks,

Hope you are well. I am eligible for ILR via Tier 2 General 5 year route from 1st November 2018. Booked a premium service centre appointment on the 28th of September 2018, payment made on that day and taken from account the next day. My appointment date is 09th November 2018 and I am going to use paper copy Set (o)

Could anyone please assure me that UKVI will take my appointment date as my application for ILR date? and not the date I made this appointment?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
Was your applicaiton successful with your paper set o form? which premium service centre?
i booked the appointment on 23rd Oct and payment was taken on 24th Oct. The appointment is on 28th Nov.
and i just found out that after 1st Nov that everyone needs to apply online with the online set o form. I am now so worried and do not know what to do. Thanks

globalindian
Member of Standing
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:44 pm

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by globalindian » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:40 pm

I have called UKVI this morning and they have confirmed that online application submission date is the best eligible date for ILR.
This is also confirmed by front end team supporting new process.

Very confusing and it seems no formal confirmation yet from UKVI.

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11123
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:00 am

globalindian wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:40 pm
I have called UKVI this morning and they have confirmed that online application submission date is the best eligible date for ILR.
This is also confirmed by front end team supporting new process.

Very confusing and it seems no formal confirmation yet from UKVI.
I have the same confusion. But this sounds about right.
Previously, there were two options. Posting application (along with documents etc) and that date was the date of application and then had to wait for biometric letter.

or

applying online getting the biometric letter and then posting the documents within a certain time frame. The date for applying online was considered to be the application date NOT when documents were posted.


The new service however has raised confusions of what to take as an application date. Application submission date or appointment date.
I think it makes sense that once you submit your application online and make payment regardless of attaching documents or securing an appointment, application submission date will be the application date.

That is my understanding.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

AdotS
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:41 pm
India

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by AdotS » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:49 am


sriaccount
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:03 am
India

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by sriaccount » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:42 am

Date of Premium service appointment is your date of application. My ILR just approved today
I have submitted online application on 5th October but I am eligible from 6th November for ILR so I have booked my premium appointment on 14th November.

Many thanks for all your support from this Group

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:10 pm
Pakistan

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by ishfaqsangra » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:50 am

Good to know-Congrats

oldmankensey
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by oldmankensey » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:58 am

can someone explain this then?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... n-v1.0.pdf

near end of page 18, it states clearly:
The date of application for online applications is the date it is submitted via the online process.
Is there a difference if you take a Premium appointment? I have been told twice on the visa helpline that this is the case: online submission date equals application date. I would LOVE for this not to be the case but I need to see it in black and white :)

oldmankensey
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by oldmankensey » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:17 pm

I believe, as a Tier 2 applicant, you were allowed to do this because of what is stated on page 9 here:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-EXT.pdf

and therefore they took the "decision day" which for you was after November 6th.

very happy to be corrected on any of this. I, applying for SET(M) do not have that possibility. It is not an included category in that PDF.

hunterex
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:46 pm
Singapore

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by hunterex » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:38 pm

sriaccount wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:42 am
Date of Premium service appointment is your date of application. My ILR just approved today
I have submitted online application on 5th October but I am eligible from 6th November for ILR so I have booked my premium appointment on 14th November.

Many thanks for all your support from this Group
Hi, did you got your ILR under the Set(O) category?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 80868
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:43 pm

hunterex wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:38 pm
sriaccount wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:42 am
Date of Premium service appointment is your date of application. My ILR just approved today
I have submitted online application on 5th October but I am eligible from 6th November for ILR so I have booked my premium appointment on 14th November.

Many thanks for all your support from this Group
Hi, did you got your ILR under the Set(O) category?
Useful to look at other posts by the user.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/date-of-appl ... l#p1693558
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HarryN
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:11 am

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by HarryN » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:17 am

Hello Sriaaccount,

Congratulations on receiving the ILR.

I have also submitted the application on 14 Nov under super premium category and I am still waiting for a response. I have not been provided with any sort of confirmation letter either. In the meantime can you provide information on below:
1. Did you apply under Tier 2?
2. Which centre did you submit your application?
3. Who sends the confirmation - UKVI or Sopra Steria?
4. Are you aware of any contact information whom I can connect with to seek further details?

Mrunal
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:03 pm
India

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by Mrunal » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:08 pm

Hi Harry,
I will be applying for ILR under Tier 2 general category in Jan '18 (considering 28 days eligibility period).
I would like to know if you are applying under the same category, form SET(O), under the new system UKVCAS? Do you know anything about the new process? I am totally confused.

Andy12
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 12:50 pm
Mood:
India

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by Andy12 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:16 pm

Jen1986 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:52 pm

Hi,
Was your applicaiton successful with your paper set o form? which premium service centre?
i booked the appointment on 23rd Oct and payment was taken on 24th Oct. The appointment is on 28th Nov.
and i just found out that after 1st Nov that everyone needs to apply online with the online set o form. I am now so worried and do not know what to do. Thanks

Hi Jen1986,

Yes my application was approved, and I did use the paper form - Set O. The full details of my experience is here in this forum - indefinite-leave-to-remain/information- ... y#p1702049

Good luck with yours.

HarryN
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:11 am

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by HarryN » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi Mrunal,

Yes I applied under that category.

With the new online system, it is just about filling up the form, paying the amount first and then booking the appointment, uploading the list of documents (as per the checklist provided with your application form).
On the day of appointment, carry one set of hard copy of all the documents uploaded (and a photo if asked in checklist). The officer at the centre will basically check if all the documents uploaded are right, take biometrics and then you can leave.

So with the new system it is hassle free submission of documents, but no clarity on when the result will be provided. Will update as soon as I receive one.

Mrunal
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:03 pm
India

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by Mrunal » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:11 pm

Hey Harry,

Thank for your response. Hope u get the good news soon!!
Just a few more queries. At which super premium centre did u apply? I am assuming that the 45 days rule no longer holds true after nov, my 28 days eligibility period starts from 11Jan '18. So, can i fill the form SET(O) online say on 7th or 8th Jan, then as it says to take an appt within 5 days of applying, i take an appt on or after 11th Jan =. The nearest core service centre to me is croydon & by Nov end other enhanced service centres will also open up, but i don know the difference between Core & enhanced service centres. Can i use super premium option at all the centres or only the Enhanced service centres?

allyf
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 am
Canada

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by allyf » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:50 pm

Mrunal wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:11 pm
Hey Harry,

Thank for your response. Hope u get the good news soon!!
Just a few more queries. At which super premium centre did u apply? I am assuming that the 45 days rule no longer holds true after nov, my 28 days eligibility period starts from 11Jan '18. So, can i fill the form SET(O) online say on 7th or 8th Jan, then as it says to take an appt within 5 days of applying, i take an appt on or after 11th Jan =. The nearest core service centre to me is croydon & by Nov end other enhanced service centres will also open up, but i don know the difference between Core & enhanced service centres. Can i use super premium option at all the centres or only the Enhanced service centres?
Hi Mrunal, I’m wondering the same thing as you...how soon can one apply? My 28 day qualifying period starts dec 18...but does that mean I need to apply ONLY as of dec 18..I have a feeling the answer is yes. As much as I want to upload documents earlier !! I’m applying SET M, and not really sure if core and enhanced centers offer scanning for us? Not entirely sure of the difference..hopefully Harry can shed some more light for us? Thank you both!

mahmoudsayed86
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Re: Submitted date vs Appointment date?

Post by mahmoudsayed86 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:05 pm

I am in the same situation: I have submitted my online application on 4 November 2018 but I am only qualified to apply for ILR on 5 December. My appointment has been already booked for 5 December and now I am unsure whether I applied prematurely or the date of appointment is considered the day of application.

I called the UKVI twice, two different individuals replied to me and both confirmed that the date of application s the date of appointment. Yet, of course, I cannot take that 'chat' for granted although they both confirmed they are sure!

Locked
cron