Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Locked
allyf
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 am
Canada

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by allyf » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:52 pm

nomie200031 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:31 pm
Hi Allyf,

Yeah I agree it could be true what others think. Sopra Steria will only be able to advise about the appointments and logistics therefore I have only asked them to confirm how long in advance they are allowing to book appointments. For the other application date and qualifying period query I have already emailed homeoffice again today. Lets see when they reply. If the application date is the payment date on UKBA website then unfortunately we wont be able to book an appointment until Christmas. With the new centres there is more flexibility but only if you pay more which is already quite expensive currently. I will post once I have heard from UKBA. Probably you guys can also email to Front end services team to clarify this issue. FrontEndServicesTeam at homeoffice.gov.uk

allyf wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:14 pm
nomie200031 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:52 pm
Hi Guys,

I haven't heard back anything yet from either UKBA (FrontEndServicesTeam@homeoffice.gov.uk) or to my enquiry Sopra Steria website. Basically there are two issues which we are lost at the moment. First is whether UKBA will consider payment date on their website or the actual appointment date when the biometrics will be taken via Sopra Steria. Second is how far in advance one can book an appointment with Sopra Steria. From the Sopra Steria website atleast it mentions 28 days in advance for booking an appointment. https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support/o ... ppointment

I am not sure what neilajgaonkar and Avy18 think about the payment date as potential application date not the actual appointment and biometric date. As it can be seen below from official gov website,the actual premium service appointment was taken as relevant date and therefore had to fall within 28 days of completing qualifying period. Now as discussed after 29th Nov the premium centres will not exist anymore and biometrics and documents will be handled through Sopra Steria only I still think the actual appointment date is the relevant date and therefore should be within the 28 days before completing the qualifying period. It could be that instead of 45 business days Sopra Steria isn't taking appointments for more than 28 days in advance but its still not very clear. In that case one shouldn't apply until atleast 56 days before completing 10 years. The process and application format on UKBA website is still exactly the same whether its Sopra Steria appointment or Premium Service Centre. When you book an appointment at PSC you still have to complete the application for and pay the fees in advance of actual appointment date which could be 45 business days ahead of payment date. Therefore if the below was applicable on PSC appointments it should be the same for Sopra appointments. The biometrics and evidence were still taken on the appointment day and hence it was the relevant date for application. This should be the same for new service centre appointments unless they are treating them differently now as they are outsourced privately. I doubt the application submission and payment date on UKBA website is the relevant one as t doesn't make any sense and they haven't announced any changes to previous policy for PSC. Fingers crossed anyways.

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ligibility
If you’re applying for settlement, your premium service appointment must be:
at least 48 hours after your Life in the UK test
within 28 days of you completing your qualifying period

neilajgaonkar wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:20 pm


I think Avy18 response answers everyone's question, if you pay the fees and submit the form online, it is considered as 'Application made'. Now the caseworker will wait for documents to arrive and biometrics to be be done before making a decision which happens only after appointment date. In this case the date of application will be date of payment completed. 45 day rule was for appointment only. You never made an application before appointment date so the problem never came up. But the new system works akin to the old postal system. So be careful. @Avy18 I suggest you include a cover letter explaining the situation to the caseworker, it will work in your favor since it is a new system. Good luck!
Hi nomie200031,
I have now joined another form under this :
general-uk-immigration-forum/new-appoin ... 67507.html

It should give us a better idea of how the online process is working as there are a few people who are already attending appointments this week. As you’ll see, I’ve asked the same question in here as well. I have a suspicion that the others who have advised that it is the date of submission, not the date of biometrics enrollment, might be correct. It does make sense that with the previous premium service appointments, the application wasn’t actually submitted until the date of the premium appointments. With this new online process, we are having to submit the online application BEFORE the actual appointment takes place. Not what I wanna hear either but I think this is how it may work… However, I am still confused with why Sopra is stating “can make an appointment 28 days before” their website. Anyway, let’s hope somebody answers my questions on there… djsucess appears to be one of the moderators ?
Hi nomie,
Yes I did email front end A couple weeks ago when the online system started and their response was the same:
“I can confirm the 28th day prior to expiry rule still applies, for online applications, the date of application is the date you submit your application online.”

it wasn’t easy to get this information as I had to ask a few times so I wasn’t sure whether I could rely on it completely. Which is why I am posing the question on this forum… In case someone advises otherwise… But so far it hasn’t been the case, or nobody can answer with confidence!

hunterex
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:46 pm
Singapore

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by hunterex » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:14 pm

Hi, I wonder if you have checked my post at this link: indefinite-leave-to-remain/submitted-da ... l#p1703312 and look for answer I had written on behalf of nice111?

I understand some of you had contacted UKVI via email or phone call.

There are many versions of answer at the moment.

If you check the Home Office GOV website here:
https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ligibility, it states that:
Eligibility
You might be able to apply in person at a premium service centre if you’re already in the UK and want to:

extend your stay (known as ‘limited leave to remain’)
settle permanently (known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’)
If you’re applying for settlement, your premium service appointment must be:

at least 48 hours after your Life in the UK test
within 28 days of you completing your qualifying period
So now, I wonder if any of us had submitted the online application form before the 28 days qualifying period and got ILR approved under the new system?

oldmankensey
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by oldmankensey » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:02 am

I just wanted to add some clarification to this submission date/appointment date issue, you might have seen in another thread that I submitted online too early and have been hunting around for answers.

On this page:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... procedures

you will find this PDF:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... n-v1.0.pdf

where, near end of page 18, it states clearly:
The date of application for online applications is the date it is submitted via the online process.
It also says later in the same PDF that if you seek to vary the application (for example, change of address, salary figure, etc)....
Where an application is varied, the application date remains the date of the original application.
This is bad news for me, but at least it serves as clarification and at this point, I will most likely seek to cancel the application. :(

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 68635
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:08 am

oldmankensey wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:02 am
I just wanted to add some clarification to this submission date/appointment date issue, you might have seen in another thread that I submitted online too early and have been hunting around for answers.

On this page:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... procedures

you will find this PDF:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... n-v1.0.pdf

where, near end of page 18, it states clearly:
The date of application for online applications is the date it is submitted via the online process.
It also says later in the same PDF that if you seek to vary the application (for example, change of address, salary figure, etc)....
Where an application is varied, the application date remains the date of the original application.
This is bad news for me, but at least it serves as clarification and at this point, I will most likely seek to cancel the application. :(
Note that varying an application is NOT a change of address or salary. It is changing or varying the application to a completely different immigration application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oldmankensey
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by oldmankensey » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:11 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:08 am
oldmankensey wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:02 am
I just wanted to add some clarification to this submission date/appointment date issue, you might have seen in another thread that I submitted online too early and have been hunting around for answers.

On this page:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... procedures

you will find this PDF:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... n-v1.0.pdf

where, near end of page 18, it states clearly:
The date of application for online applications is the date it is submitted via the online process.
It also says later in the same PDF that if you seek to vary the application (for example, change of address, salary figure, etc)....
Where an application is varied, the application date remains the date of the original application.
This is bad news for me, but at least it serves as clarification and at this point, I will most likely seek to cancel the application. :(
Note that varying an application is NOT a change of address or salary. It is changing or varying the application to a completely different immigration application.
OK, thanks for that correction. I did hope that in some way I could 'over-write' my original application, but it's not to be.

jibs
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:56 pm

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by jibs » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:50 pm

I attended Sopra Steria core service centre in-Birmingham on the 13th November and my appointment was 8.30am.

I went for SET (LR) super premium ( super priority) paying £3018 and also paid £100 for the appointment.

Below is what happened.

I arrived 5 minutes early and was welcomed by a staff member-nice reception! Apart from that reception, everything else was a mess!!

1. I got ID checked by one of the Sopra steria staff (looked at the QR code/reference number on the appointment confirmation and then checked my passport - photo ID) - This was the first step.

2. I was given a printed handout "How to do Biometric yourself" and a token number. I was asked to go to the kiosk for entering biometric.

3. The staff were saying that this is their first day and you are our first customer, anyway I tried scan the QR code on the machine however nothing was displayed on the screen and staff keeps on saying
'try again' despite my request to check if machine is turned on and ready! Few minutes later staff realised the display was not powered - any way I scanned QR code followed by passport and enter biometrics as per the instruction. Very straightforward and easy to follow instructions.

4. I did this and waited for document checks-less than five minutes waiting.

5. I was then called for document check. Again they asked my Appointment reference number and Passport. After that the Sopra Steria staff kept looking at the screen clearly confused what to do or how to do. I had uploaded most of the documents however they had to check passports and scan each page. This took almost 30-40 minutes to complete as car worker was not sure how to do it as he was dong it for the first time. It gets tricky scanning passport pages!!

6. After an hour, we were still on scanning and clicking stage-lots of mouse clicks and the case worker asked if you have done your biometric. He was not able to see biometric details completed so I had to do biometric again. As I went back after biometric another person- who seems like Manager was behind the case worker as he was struggling to progress through the process. They then said it looks like we need to do it all again - so the case worker started scanning all documents again -another 40 minutes.

7. Finally, this process was completed around 11am- then the case worker tried to submit the biometric and scanned documents following guidance from his manager - several minutes waiting and still processing. They asked me to wait in the waiting area.

8. I asked for a confirmation however the case worker unable to provide a confirmation that all scanning/checks completed, actually don't know if there is anything like a confirmation. There was a Home Office staff and I spoke to this staff about my experience.

9. 11.04am I received an email from Home Office confirming application received, however the email advised me that it may take upto six months for processing the application. I showed this to the Home Office staff to make sure they have submitted it as a super priority with 24 hour decision not as standard. The staff member checked it on the system and said this message is a standard message send by HOme Office and few other people have also received the same on the previous day.

10. I was told I will get the decision in 24 hrs from submission (round the clock). I was told I will be informed by an email and the UKVI case worker will contact in case if they need any further information. Also told me that it can be in the next hour as there was a person who submitted her application the previous day and received an outcome within an hour!!

11. Once all done, I left the centre. It took around 3 hrs for me

12. 24 hour gone today -no update from UKVI and I contacted the UKVI and Sopra Steria

13. UKVI said we are unable check anything.

14: Sopra Steria- Please contact UKVI.

15. Sopra Steria website account remains open and uploading function still open today. When I mentioned this during my phone conversation with Sopra Steria customer service, they wanted to check with a manger and after a while told me that there is an automatic cut off time 2200 hours.

16. 24 hours and next day( as Home office closes 5pm) passed -without any outcome.

Ritchie12
Junior Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:12 pm
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by Ritchie12 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:39 pm

jibs wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:50 pm
I attended Sopra Steria core service centre in-Birmingham on the 13th November and my appointment was 8.30am.

I went for SET (LR) super premium ( super priority) paying £3018 and also paid £100 for the appointment.

Below is what happened.

I arrived 5 minutes early and was welcomed by a staff member-nice reception! Apart from that reception, everything else was a mess!!

1. I got ID checked by one of the Sopra steria staff (looked at the QR code/reference number on the appointment confirmation and then checked my passport - photo ID) - This was the first step.

2. I was given a printed handout "How to do Biometric yourself" and a token number. I was asked to go to the kiosk for entering biometric.

3. The staff were saying that this is their first day and you are our first customer, anyway I tried scan the QR code on the machine however nothing was displayed on the screen and staff keeps on saying
'try again' despite my request to check if machine is turned on and ready! Few minutes later staff realised the display was not powered - any way I scanned QR code followed by passport and enter biometrics as per the instruction. Very straightforward and easy to follow instructions.

4. I did this and waited for document checks-less than five minutes waiting.

5. I was then called for document check. Again they asked my Appointment reference number and Passport. After that the Sopra Steria staff kept looking at the screen clearly confused what to do or how to do. I had uploaded most of the documents however they had to check passports and scan each page. This took almost 30-40 minutes to complete as car worker was not sure how to do it as he was dong it for the first time. It gets tricky scanning passport pages!!

6. After an hour, we were still on scanning and clicking stage-lots of mouse clicks and the case worker asked if you have done your biometric. He was not able to see biometric details completed so I had to do biometric again. As I went back after biometric another person- who seems like Manager was behind the case worker as he was struggling to progress through the process. They then said it looks like we need to do it all again - so the case worker started scanning all documents again -another 40 minutes.

7. Finally, this process was completed around 11am- then the case worker tried to submit the biometric and scanned documents following guidance from his manager - several minutes waiting and still processing. They asked me to wait in the waiting area.

8. I asked for a confirmation however the case worker unable to provide a confirmation that all scanning/checks completed, actually don't know if there is anything like a confirmation. There was a Home Office staff and I spoke to this staff about my experience.

9. 11.04am I received an email from Home Office confirming application received, however the email advised me that it may take upto six months for processing the application. I showed this to the Home Office staff to make sure they have submitted it as a super priority with 24 hour decision not as standard. The staff member checked it on the system and said this message is a standard message send by HOme Office and few other people have also received the same on the previous day.

10. I was told I will get the decision in 24 hrs from submission (round the clock). I was told I will be informed by an email and the UKVI case worker will contact in case if they need any further information. Also told me that it can be in the next hour as there was a person who submitted her application the previous day and received an outcome within an hour!!

11. Once all done, I left the centre. It took around 3 hrs for me

12. 24 hour gone today -no update from UKVI and I contacted the UKVI and Sopra Steria

13. UKVI said we are unable check anything.

14: Sopra Steria- Please contact UKVI.

15. Sopra Steria website account remains open and uploading function still open today. When I mentioned this during my phone conversation with Sopra Steria customer service, they wanted to check with a manger and after a while told me that there is an automatic cut off time 2200 hours.

16. 24 hours and next day( as Home office closes 5pm) passed -without any outcome.
Hi jibs,
Sorry for the mess. A few question from me.

1. Why did you have to pay £100?
2. Will they refund £100 as the actual cost of application I.e. £3018 includes the service charge and biometrics
3. With 48 hours into your application and no response, is it worth pursuing this new

Your response is grateful appreciated.
Thanks

jibs
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:56 pm

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by jibs » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:41 pm

Hi Ritchie12,

1. Why did you have to pay £100?: There were no free appointments available for this week. Most of other appointments showed in my area were £60 for Friday this week when i booked therefore I thought paying £100 is ok as I got appointment 8.30am. I was expecting this to be completed in 30 minutes as I already had uploaded documents.

2. Will they refund £100 as the actual cost of application I.e. £3018 includes the service charge and biometrics - This £100 is not included on this fee, this is separate booking fee which you paying to sopra steria for their service. In my opinion, better not to buy any optional products from sopra steria and book a free appointment.

3. With 48 hours into your application and no response, is it worth pursuing this new: Unfortunately there is no other option as premium centres (PEO are due to close on the 29th November and very hard to get same day bookings before that date. Thereafter the only way is Sopra Steria!!

Mrunal
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:03 pm
India

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by Mrunal » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:19 pm

Hi,

Can someone please tell me what are the fees for ILR now after the new change of Service Centres from Nov end. Also, first hand experience of someone who has been through the new process. Would be really grateful.

Mrunal
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:03 pm
India

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by Mrunal » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:20 pm

jibs wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:41 pm
Hi Ritchie12,

1. Why did you have to pay £100?: There were no free appointments available for this week. Most of other appointments showed in my area were £60 for Friday this week when i booked therefore I thought paying £100 is ok as I got appointment 8.30am. I was expecting this to be completed in 30 minutes as I already had uploaded documents.

2. Will they refund £100 as the actual cost of application I.e. £3018 includes the service charge and biometrics - This £100 is not included on this fee, this is separate booking fee which you paying to sopra steria for their service. In my opinion, better not to buy any optional products from sopra steria and book a free appointment.

3. With 48 hours into your application and no response, is it worth pursuing this new: Unfortunately there is no other option as premium centres (PEO are due to close on the 29th November and very hard to get same day bookings before that date. Thereafter the only way is Sopra Steria!!
Hi,

Can you please tell me how you went through the process? Also, how much did you pay in total? I will be applying for my & my spouse's ILR together in Jan '19.

ilovethebeatles
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:12 am

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by ilovethebeatles » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:24 pm

I would like to hear updates on your ILR outcomes, jibs! It seems strange that you paid for super priority service and it is not known within 24 hours.

nomie200031
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:14 am
Pakistan

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by nomie200031 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Well I have just spoken to the UKVISA helpline, the lady on the phone has been very clear that the online application date is the relevant date for ILR LR and it has to be within the 28 days of completing ten years. I haven't received a response on my email query yet but hopefully I will receive it soon.

One thing I want to point out is that when completing the online application it asks you specifically how long have you been in UK. Now if someone like me who completes his 9 years and 11 months only in December tries to submit an application and book an appointment now in November has to write 9 years 10 months on the online application which could be deemed as ineligible to apply for ILR LR later. From this I think its better to submit the online application form only once you hit the 9 years 11 month period of continuous residence. On the other hand it was specifically written on the GOV website on the link below that the premium service centre appointment has to be within the 28 days of completing the qualifying period. Also as others have shared the paragraph from guidance the caseworker needs to count whichever is better for applicant from either the application date or decision date. Now as its not crystal clear with the new service and there are conflicting opinions and advice I think it depends on the individual circumstances if someone needs to submit an application earlier in advance to make sure to get the appointment on time. As for me its not that urgent so probably I will wait until I complete the qualifying period in December before submitting the online application, paying the fees and booking for the appointment. I hope with the new service centres in operation hopefully there will be more flexibility in booking an appointment at the end of December to start of January 2019.

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ligibility
If you’re applying for settlement, your premium service appointment must be:
at least 48 hours after your Life in the UK test
within 28 days of you completing your qualifying period

allyf
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 am
Canada

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by allyf » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:11 pm

nomie200031 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:39 pm
Well I have just spoken to the UKVISA helpline, the lady on the phone has been very clear that the online application date is the relevant date for ILR LR and it has to be within the 28 days of completing ten years. I haven't received a response on my email query yet but hopefully I will receive it soon.

One thing I want to point out is that when completing the online application it asks you specifically how long have you been in UK. Now if someone like me who completes his 9 years and 11 months only in December tries to submit an application and book an appointment now in November has to write 9 years 10 months on the online application which could be deemed as ineligible to apply for ILR LR later. From this I think its better to submit the online application form only once you hit the 9 years 11 month period of continuous residence. On the other hand it was specifically written on the GOV website on the link below that the premium service centre appointment has to be within the 28 days of completing the qualifying period. Also as others have shared the paragraph from guidance the caseworker needs to count whichever is better for applicant from either the application date or decision date. Now as its not crystal clear with the new service and there are conflicting opinions and advice I think it depends on the individual circumstances if someone needs to submit an application earlier in advance to make sure to get the appointment on time. As for me its not that urgent so probably I will wait until I complete the qualifying period in December before submitting the online application, paying the fees and booking for the appointment. I hope with the new service centres in operation hopefully there will be more flexibility in booking an appointment at the end of December to start of January 2019.

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ligibility
If you’re applying for settlement, your premium service appointment must be:
at least 48 hours after your Life in the UK test
within 28 days of you completing your qualifying period
Thanks for confirming nomie. I will probably wait until within my 28 days as well. I am applying the five your route for SET M. I’m wondering whether it is possible to start the application process but not actually submit until within our 28days…so at least we get a bit of a head start and not scrambling at the last minute ..

nomie200031
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:14 am
Pakistan

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by nomie200031 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:37 pm

allyf wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:11 pm
nomie200031 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:39 pm
Well I have just spoken to the UKVISA helpline, the lady on the phone has been very clear that the online application date is the relevant date for ILR LR and it has to be within the 28 days of completing ten years. I haven't received a response on my email query yet but hopefully I will receive it soon.

One thing I want to point out is that when completing the online application it asks you specifically how long have you been in UK. Now if someone like me who completes his 9 years and 11 months only in December tries to submit an application and book an appointment now in November has to write 9 years 10 months on the online application which could be deemed as ineligible to apply for ILR LR later. From this I think its better to submit the online application form only once you hit the 9 years 11 month period of continuous residence. On the other hand it was specifically written on the GOV website on the link below that the premium service centre appointment has to be within the 28 days of completing the qualifying period. Also as others have shared the paragraph from guidance the caseworker needs to count whichever is better for applicant from either the application date or decision date. Now as its not crystal clear with the new service and there are conflicting opinions and advice I think it depends on the individual circumstances if someone needs to submit an application earlier in advance to make sure to get the appointment on time. As for me its not that urgent so probably I will wait until I complete the qualifying period in December before submitting the online application, paying the fees and booking for the appointment. I hope with the new service centres in operation hopefully there will be more flexibility in booking an appointment at the end of December to start of January 2019.

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ligibility
If you’re applying for settlement, your premium service appointment must be:
at least 48 hours after your Life in the UK test
within 28 days of you completing your qualifying period
Thanks for confirming nomie. I will probably wait until within my 28 days as well. I am applying the five your route for SET M. I’m wondering whether it is possible to start the application process but not actually submit until within our 28days…so at least we get a bit of a head start and not scrambling at the last minute ..
Hi Allyf,

Yes we can definitely start completing the application form infact I have already completed my application until the last stage. There is an option to save the application form for later. There will be an option to email the link to you for retreiving the application from later from the stage. It says we have to return to the application within 10 weeks otherwise it will be deleted automatically. If you get to know for any update please keep us posted here. Cheers.

allyf
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 am
Canada

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by allyf » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:49 pm

nomie200031 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:37 pm
allyf wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:11 pm
nomie200031 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:39 pm
Well I have just spoken to the UKVISA helpline, the lady on the phone has been very clear that the online application date is the relevant date for ILR LR and it has to be within the 28 days of completing ten years. I haven't received a response on my email query yet but hopefully I will receive it soon.

One thing I want to point out is that when completing the online application it asks you specifically how long have you been in UK. Now if someone like me who completes his 9 years and 11 months only in December tries to submit an application and book an appointment now in November has to write 9 years 10 months on the online application which could be deemed as ineligible to apply for ILR LR later. From this I think its better to submit the online application form only once you hit the 9 years 11 month period of continuous residence. On the other hand it was specifically written on the GOV website on the link below that the premium service centre appointment has to be within the 28 days of completing the qualifying period. Also as others have shared the paragraph from guidance the caseworker needs to count whichever is better for applicant from either the application date or decision date. Now as its not crystal clear with the new service and there are conflicting opinions and advice I think it depends on the individual circumstances if someone needs to submit an application earlier in advance to make sure to get the appointment on time. As for me its not that urgent so probably I will wait until I complete the qualifying period in December before submitting the online application, paying the fees and booking for the appointment. I hope with the new service centres in operation hopefully there will be more flexibility in booking an appointment at the end of December to start of January 2019.

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ligibility
If you’re applying for settlement, your premium service appointment must be:
at least 48 hours after your Life in the UK test
within 28 days of you completing your qualifying period
Thanks for confirming nomie. I will probably wait until within my 28 days as well. I am applying the five your route for SET M. I’m wondering whether it is possible to start the application process but not actually submit until within our 28days…so at least we get a bit of a head start and not scrambling at the last minute ..
Hi Allyf,

Yes we can definitely start completing the application form infact I have already completed my application until the last stage. There is an option to save the application form for later. There will be an option to email the link to you for retreiving the application from later from the stage. It says we have to return to the application within 10 weeks otherwise it will be deleted automatically. If you get to know for any update please keep us posted here. Cheers.
Nomie thanks for confirming…! I’m assuming you were able to upload documents as well? That’s my main concern at the moment as I don’t have a scanner at home and Would need to use one in the Library.
I haven’t yet spoken to the immigration lawyer as I’m still waiting until they get more information after this week. Will keep you posted 😊

nomie200031
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:14 am
Pakistan

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by nomie200031 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:04 pm

No the documents scan have to be done through sopra speria website. That will be only once the payment is processed at UKba website and application is submitted. I was talking about only the online application form on UKba website where details need to be filled only without uploading any documents. This can be done in advance and saved for future without submitting at the final stage.

allyf
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 am
Canada

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by allyf » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:45 pm

nomie200031 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:04 pm
No the documents scan have to be done through sopra speria website. That will be only once the payment is processed at UKba website and application is submitted. I was talking about only the online application form on UKba website where details need to be filled only without uploading any documents. This can be done in advance and saved for future without submitting at the final stage.
Ok thank you nomie. I was really hoping to be able to scan ahead of time, I feel like this is where I will run into problems. Hopefully the priority service will be able to scan for me if I pay extra.

Mrunal
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:03 pm
India

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by Mrunal » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:34 pm

jibs wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:50 pm
I attended Sopra Steria core service centre in-Birmingham on the 13th November and my appointment was 8.30am.

I went for SET (LR) super premium ( super priority) paying £3018 and also paid £100 for the appointment.

Below is what happened.

I arrived 5 minutes early and was welcomed by a staff member-nice reception! Apart from that reception, everything else was a mess!!

1. I got ID checked by one of the Sopra steria staff (looked at the QR code/reference number on the appointment confirmation and then checked my passport - photo ID) - This was the first step.

2. I was given a printed handout "How to do Biometric yourself" and a token number. I was asked to go to the kiosk for entering biometric.

3. The staff were saying that this is their first day and you are our first customer, anyway I tried scan the QR code on the machine however nothing was displayed on the screen and staff keeps on saying
'try again' despite my request to check if machine is turned on and ready! Few minutes later staff realised the display was not powered - any way I scanned QR code followed by passport and enter biometrics as per the instruction. Very straightforward and easy to follow instructions.

4. I did this and waited for document checks-less than five minutes waiting.

5. I was then called for document check. Again they asked my Appointment reference number and Passport. After that the Sopra Steria staff kept looking at the screen clearly confused what to do or how to do. I had uploaded most of the documents however they had to check passports and scan each page. This took almost 30-40 minutes to complete as car worker was not sure how to do it as he was dong it for the first time. It gets tricky scanning passport pages!!

6. After an hour, we were still on scanning and clicking stage-lots of mouse clicks and the case worker asked if you have done your biometric. He was not able to see biometric details completed so I had to do biometric again. As I went back after biometric another person- who seems like Manager was behind the case worker as he was struggling to progress through the process. They then said it looks like we need to do it all again - so the case worker started scanning all documents again -another 40 minutes.

7. Finally, this process was completed around 11am- then the case worker tried to submit the biometric and scanned documents following guidance from his manager - several minutes waiting and still processing. They asked me to wait in the waiting area.

8. I asked for a confirmation however the case worker unable to provide a confirmation that all scanning/checks completed, actually don't know if there is anything like a confirmation. There was a Home Office staff and I spoke to this staff about my experience.

9. 11.04am I received an email from Home Office confirming application received, however the email advised me that it may take upto six months for processing the application. I showed this to the Home Office staff to make sure they have submitted it as a super priority with 24 hour decision not as standard. The staff member checked it on the system and said this message is a standard message send by HOme Office and few other people have also received the same on the previous day.

10. I was told I will get the decision in 24 hrs from submission (round the clock). I was told I will be informed by an email and the UKVI case worker will contact in case if they need any further information. Also told me that it can be in the next hour as there was a person who submitted her application the previous day and received an outcome within an hour!!

11. Once all done, I left the centre. It took around 3 hrs for me

12. 24 hour gone today -no update from UKVI and I contacted the UKVI and Sopra Steria

13. UKVI said we are unable check anything.

14: Sopra Steria- Please contact UKVI.

15. Sopra Steria website account remains open and uploading function still open today. When I mentioned this during my phone conversation with Sopra Steria customer service, they wanted to check with a manger and after a while told me that there is an automatic cut off time 2200 hours.

16. 24 hours and next day( as Home office closes 5pm) passed -without any outcome.
Hi Jibs,
Have u got your decision?
I wanted to know how much in advance can you take an appt? My 28 days period is 12th Jan. as per the new process, can i apply online on 7th Jan & then within 5 days, as it says, take an appt on the 12th Jan? or do i have to submit the application on 12th only, not before that?

batahoang
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:52 pm
Vietnam

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by batahoang » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:05 pm

Could someone please help with the link to new premium application where we have to fill in long form that people mentioned? I cant find those for some reason...

Sajeeshcp
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:12 pm

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by Sajeeshcp » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:08 am
oldmankensey wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:02 am
I just wanted to add some clarification to this submission date/appointment date issue, you might have seen in another thread that I submitted online too early and have been hunting around for answers.

On this page:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... procedures

you will find this PDF:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... n-v1.0.pdf

where, near end of page 18, it states clearly:
The date of application for online applications is the date it is submitted via the online process.
It also says later in the same PDF that if you seek to vary the application (for example, change of address, salary figure, etc)....
Where an application is varied, the application date remains the date of the original application.
This is bad news for me, but at least it serves as clarification and at this point, I will most likely seek to cancel the application. :(
Note that varying an application is NOT a change of address or salary. It is changing or varying the application to a completely different immigration application.
Hi did you cancelled your application ? I am in the same stage. If we cancel, do we get full refund. Thanks

Locked
cron