ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

success at sheffield PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

girlpower19818

success at sheffield PEO

Post by girlpower19818 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:08 pm

hi all
First of all good news, I got ILR on 22/02/2011 under work permit. I would like to thank all members of the forum for your help and support. I am really grateful to all of you.

Previous Story:
I got my entry clearance on 01/03/06 and landed here on 19/03/06 under work permit. I stayed with the same employer even though they joined a bigger company and changed their name. They then applied for technical change of details to the home office.
I was applying for myself only with no dependants.

PEO Experience.
Got on-line appoint 6 weeks ago at Sheffield because it is closer to where I live. Appointment time was for 10:45am. Got a reminder text message from home office 2 days prior to appointment day. I had planned to be there for 10:00, but as I do not know Sheffield well and my sat nav is not up to date with the new road (there appear to be new rounder abouts and bus lane which my sat nav did not even register) I spent 15 minutes going round and round the place. Not a good start for me I know.
I finally arrived there at about 10:15 and tried to push the door only to realise we had to wait outside till security let you in. Then went through airport security system. I had gone with a perfume bottle which they kept and gave me a receipt for. (please keep the receipt as you will need it later to collect items. I miss placed mine, but the guys were lovely and gave me my items back without one)
I then went to reception, where there check the form if it is correctly filled in,give you a ticket number then direct you to payment. I had to wait by the payment window 5 minutes before someone attended to me. (there seemed to be busy or short staffed). made payment by credit card at 11:00 and the lady collected all my documents and told me to wait for my number to be called once my file gets picked by a case worker.

Sheffield offices are quite small and it was crowded when I got there. The other thing I found annoying was that because it is so small everyone hears what you are talking about with the case worker. Talk about privacy, it's like communal area. I remember waiting there and one guy was declined because he had failed to declare one police conviction which was not yet spent and one lady had unexplained gaps within her visas. The staff were extremely nice though despite all this as there was one lady there, with only one bank statement and they advised her to go to a brunch in town and ask for three months bank statement signed by the bank manager and come back later (I thought that was nice of them). Even the guy with the police convictions was starting to shout and they spent time explaining to him that by law there could not ignore this and how to go from there in terms of appealing.

Any where I sat waiting for my number to be called and the more people that got declined the more panicky I became. To make it worse I had not brought any magazine or anything to occupy my self. I was not sure if it is allowed, but guys if you need to, please take something to help occupy you because it can be a long wait (with the place being so tiny you will hear the numbers being called even when reading a book or magazine). From this forum and hearing people being called before me I was waiting for a case worker to tell me they had picked my file and to hand them my photocopies. So when one hour passed, I was getting worried, two hours!!!!!!!!! still nothing, I was getting frustrated and by the third hour I had convinced myself my file had fallen behind their desk or something. LOL. I even went to ask reception, who advised me to be patient and wait. I was still trying to be polite and nice as advised on this forum before and not complain because it was 2 pm by then and I was thinking this is even before file allocation and doing the checks.
Behold the case worker called my number at 2:15 and to my surprise she handed me my documents, told me I had been granted my ILR and will get my passport in about 15 minutes. She even apologised for the delay and did not even need the copies by then. 15 minutes later my number was called again and got my stamped passport that they ask you to check if the details are all correct.
I was so happy as I was dreading explaining anything with everyone watching me with pitying eyes. Lol.

Here is the list of documents I submitted with my application.

1. SET (O) Form
2. 2 Passports (1 old one and the current one)
3. 2 pictures
4. Payslips = 3 months (Latest 3)
5. Bank statements = 3 months (Latest 3)
6. Letter from employer (current)
7. 3 P60s ( could not find the last one)

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask me and again thank you all for your help and support. :D

rajathwp

Post by rajathwp » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:48 pm

Hearty Congrats ... Did you have any gaps in Visa Renewal ( i.e renewal visa stamp is after the current visa expire )...

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Congratulations...Thanks for sharing the info in detail....

you haven't been asked for any other P60's other than you submitted

girlpower19818

Post by girlpower19818 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:33 pm

smaganti wrote:Congratulations...Thanks for sharing the info in detail....

you haven't been asked for any other P60's other than you submitted
No they did not ask for any other P60's. I had taken random payslips from those missing P60 years in case there were problems. Like I said, I did not even get the chance to give them the photocopies I had taken!

girlpower19818

Post by girlpower19818 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:36 pm

rajathwp wrote:Hearty Congrats ... Did you have any gaps in Visa Renewal ( i.e renewal visa stamp is after the current visa expire )...
Thank you, Only had one employer so did not need to renew visa. Initial visa was valid for 5 years. Hope that helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pierrot95

Re: success at sheffield PEO

Post by Pierrot95 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:08 pm

Congrats!
girlpower19818 wrote:I stayed with the same employer even though they joined a bigger company and changed their name. They then applied for technical change of details to the home office.
Please tell me about this bit. How long did it take between the application to the Home Office and the acknowledgement (I assume the HO sent you one!)? What document did you submit for your ILR to explain the change of your company's name? I can't see any in your list.
Thanks.

====

girlpower19818

Post by girlpower19818 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:07 pm

Pierrot95 wrote:Congrats!
girlpower19818 wrote:I stayed with the same employer even though they joined a bigger company and changed their name. They then applied for technical change of details to the home office.
Please tell me about this bit. How long did it take between the application to the Home Office and the acknowledgement (I assume the HO sent you one!)? What document did you submit for your ILR to explain the change of your company's name? I can't see any in your list.
Thanks.

====
hi there, the application is made by the employer as they are the ones having a technical change not me. I still had the same job, same pay and worked in the same place. I do not know the ins and outs of this application as home office never sent me anything.
As for the ILR application I took a copy of the documents given to my employer from the home office (it looks like a work permit, just with different name on it). I did not submit this as it was a copy and i figured home office have records of these in their system. I took the copy as just in case thing.
I actually had a just in case folder which had the following : 1) copies of old work permit, 2) copy of new work permit with technical changes, 3) telephone banking details in case i had to contact bank if there were issues with payment, 3) random pay slips for missing P60s, 4) extra passport pics.
hope this helps

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:32 pm

That is great!
Many thanks for clarifying.
Enjoy your freedom.

====

dreamerB
Newly Registered

What type of Visa

Post by dreamerB » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi,
Could you please tell me what type of visa you were on? Was it Tier 2 General or ICT. Also, did you take a sponsorship certificate from your employer ?