ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by AfaKhan30 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:57 pm

Hi
My Family will likely be in the same boat as some of soon.
They need to apply for their ILR in few weeks time, but under current situation i do not think appointment at UKVCAS can be booked and appointment dates will be around 3 months (God forbid)!

Do you guys know about how photo of applicant & dependants need to be submit? from private studio with digital code? but that code only valid for 1 month, i believe. or picture will be taken at UKVCAS?

We all going through unprecedented situation, i hope home office will soon comes up with some effective solution to resolve this backlog and unnecessary mental stress on applicants.

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:00 am

mkhan83 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:41 am
I applied online on 18th April. Paid online. Then created account on UKVCAS website.
Unable to book any appointments in any centre
I uploaded all the required documents on their website
I received Emails from UKVCAS on the same day, the account was created on their website which states
Due to COVID-19, you will be unable to book an appointment. All centres are closed. We will inform you once the centres are open and you will be able to book your appointment OR keep checking the website to book an appointment.
Since 18th of April I haven't been contacted by UKVCAS to book an appointment
I keep checking the website every day to book an appointment but no appointments are available.
Just a question
Could it be an issue if I am unable to book an appointment till end June/July.
I keep checking website daily to book an appointment but nothing is available
Regards

Hi
My Family will likely be in the same boat as some of soon.
They need to apply for their ILR in few weeks time, but under current situation i do not think appointment at UKVCAS can be booked and appointment dates will be around 3 months (God forbid)!

Do you guys know about how photo of applicant & dependants need to be submit? from private studio with digital code? but that code only valid for 1 month, i believe. or picture will be taken at UKVCAS?

We all going through unprecedented situation, i hope home office will soon comes up with some effective solution to resolve this backlog and unnecessary mental stress on applicants.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun May 03, 2020 12:37 am

@AfaKhan30
STICK TO YOUR OWN POST for questions regarding your own application :!: :!:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/family-set-m ... 00672.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:15 pm
ilrupdates wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:59 pm
It looks like by reading HO email, that the new applicants can still enroll bio metrics at post offices under standard application ? Have I understood right?
You can only enrol biometrics at the Post Office if HO has sent you a letter to do so as you need the letter to take with you. Only certain limited routes are still postal type applications.
Hi
Do you know, ILR application ( 5 years route) by dependants of person settled in the UK fall in this category? i mean Bio-metric at Post office? still documents upload via UKVCAS?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:12 pm

AfaKhan30 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:10 pm
CR001 wrote:
ilrupdates wrote:
It looks like by reading HO email, that the new applicants can still enroll bio metrics at post offices under standard application ? Have I understood right?
You can only enrol biometrics at the Post Office if HO has sent you a letter to do so as you need the letter to take with you. Only certain limited routes are still postal type applications.
Hi
Do you know, ILR application ( 5 years route) by dependants of person settled in the UK fall in this category? i mean Bio-metric at Post office? still documents upload via UKVCAS?
No they don't. You need to upload documents and to wait for ukcvas centres to open.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:15 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:37 am
@AfaKhan30

Hi Zimba
I have seen your message earlier, it was bit rude!
At this forum people share their experience, and you can see in this thread different people are sharing and asking questions then why you are picking on me?

I believe we all should be polite & helpful, specially at this unprecedented time due to Covid-19.

I hope you can understand my point.

Thanks

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:12 pm
AfaKhan30 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:10 pm
CR001 wrote:
ilrupdates wrote:
Hi
No they don't. You need to upload documents and to wait for ukcvas centres to open.
Thanks CR001, much appreciated!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun May 03, 2020 2:23 pm

AfaKhan30 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:15 pm
Zimba wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:37 am

Hi Zimba
I have seen your message earlier, it was bit rude!
At this forum people share their experience, and you can see in this thread different people are sharing and asking questions then why you are picking on me?

I believe we all should be polite & helpful, specially at this unprecedented time due to Covid-19.

I hope you can understand my point.

Thanks
It is called moderation. This is a topic on the UKVCAS appointments only and NOT other questions. Questions specific to your case should be asked in your own post as they are irrelevant here :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cliftonianbristol
Turkey

Post by cliftonianbristol » Wed May 06, 2020 10:21 pm

Have you received any email from home office as regards sending documents or any update?

I personally have not received any emails yet. Do keep us updated if you do plz. Might be some hope that something is being done...
I've sent the documents to HO as well, and haven't heard from them at all.

cliftonianbristol
Turkey

Post by cliftonianbristol » Wed May 06, 2020 11:31 pm

After sending my documents to HO few days ago, responding to their request; today I received another email from HO. This time they ask for a scan of my passport showing my absences.
Feels like there is some progress despite all these delays.

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Thu May 07, 2020 7:55 am

cliftonianbristol wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:31 pm
After sending my documents to HO few days ago, responding to their request; today I received another email from HO. This time they ask for a scan of my passport showing my absences.
Feels like there is some progress despite all these delays.
Thank you for updating us.
I am yet to receive any email from HO.

May I ask when was your initial appointment and in which centre plz?
The documents they asked you to scan have you already scanned it to UKVCAS prior to HO emailing you?

I’m just trying to find out why I haven’t received an email from HO yet??!

cliftonianbristol
Turkey

Post by cliftonianbristol » Thu May 07, 2020 11:32 am

underfire222 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 7:55 am
The documents they asked you to scan have you already scanned it to UKVCAS prior to HO emailing you?
My initial appointment was end of March, delayed thrice to mid June. All for Croydon.

I didn’t scan my whole passport for UKVCAS. But HO asked for the whole passport scan yesterday. And I sent it.

Mine was super priority thing.
Double check your spam folder too. I’d remove all spam filters etc to make sure.

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:14 pm

cliftonianbristol wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:32 am
underfire222 wrote:
My initial appointment was end of March, delayed thrice to mid June. All for Croydon.

I didn’t scan my whole passport for UKVCAS. But HO asked for the whole passport scan yesterday. And I sent it.

Double check your spam folder too. I’d remove all spam filters etc to make sure.
Thank you.

Mine is in croydon too. May I also ask when did you submit your online application?. I submitted mine on 20/3
Still haven't received any email form HO unfortunately

cliftonianbristol
Turkey

Post by cliftonianbristol » Thu May 07, 2020 2:00 pm

underfire222 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:14 pm
Mine is in croydon too. May I also ask when did you submit your online application?. I submitted mine on 20/3
I submitted it end of February.

Fcjl22
China

Post by Fcjl22 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:48 am
underfire222 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:45 am
So are you allowed to legally continue working with your same employer under section 3C if your tier 2 visa expires and you”re waiting for your ILR decision?

If you need to change sponsor or employer while waiting for an ILR decision how can that be done? Do you ask them for a COS, submit a tier 2 visa application and work with them while waiting for the decision ?
Yes, all your same rights if your existing tier 2 visa continue, ie you can only work for your tier 2 sponsor. You cant just change jobs. You would have to withdraw the ilr application before you can apply for tier 2 if you qualify to extend tier 2. You cannot have two immigration applications at the same time.
If my current contract finishes with my T 2 sponsor while I am waiting for the decision of ILR, can I do a new job? I thought when you have submited ILR, you will be able to work as ILR has been granted. It's like when you submit a t2 applicaiton, you can start working before the decision.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:46 pm

Fcjl22 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 12:32 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:48 am
underfire222 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:45 am
So are you allowed to legally continue working with your same employer under section 3C if your tier 2 visa expires and you”re waiting for your ILR decision?

If you need to change sponsor or employer while waiting for an ILR decision how can that be done? Do you ask them for a COS, submit a tier 2 visa application and work with them while waiting for the decision ?
Yes, all your same rights if your existing tier 2 visa continue, ie you can only work for your tier 2 sponsor. You cant just change jobs. You would have to withdraw the ilr application before you can apply for tier 2 if you qualify to extend tier 2. You cannot have two immigration applications at the same time.
If my current contract finishes with my T 2 sponsor while I am waiting for the decision of ILR, can I do a new job? I thought when you have submited ILR, you will be able to work as ILR has been granted. It's like when you submit a t2 applicaiton, you can start working before the decision.
Can you please continue your questions in your own topic you already have and desist from tagging them into this topic which is ONLY about biometrics appointments!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lady888
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Lady888 » Fri May 08, 2020 3:15 pm

cliftonianbristol wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:32 am
underfire222 wrote:

While we are waiting for biometric appointments to reopen, it gives some hope that HO asks some people to send them documents - hopefully they are doing some background work meanwhile.

My colleague applied for Tier 2 visa on March 23rd and was also asked to send the documents.
Can people who applied for any type of visa/ILR in the UK indicate here if there was a request from HO to send the documents and also mention the date they submitted the application? Would be very helpful.

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Fri May 08, 2020 5:50 pm

cliftonianbristol wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:21 pm

Have you received any email from home office as regards sending documents or any update?

I personally have not received any emails yet. Do keep us updated if you do plz. Might be some hope that something is being done...
Can we still send documents by post to Home office? i thought they only want to submit online? please can you confirm. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 08, 2020 5:52 pm

AfaKhan30 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:50 pm
cliftonianbristol wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:21 pm

Can we still send documents by post to Home office? i thought they only want to submit online? please can you confirm. Thanks
You cannot post documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AfaKhan30
Pakistan

Post by AfaKhan30 » Fri May 08, 2020 10:10 pm

Thanks CR001.

amrotab123
Newly Registered

Post by amrotab123 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:01 pm

Does the new measures released today indicate in any way that UKVCAS will reopen?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun May 10, 2020 11:58 pm

amrotab123 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:01 pm
Does the new measures released today indicate in any way that UKVCAS will reopen?
Nope they remain closed. Why don't you check their website ?!??
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... sageId=950

amrotab123
Newly Registered

Post by amrotab123 » Mon May 11, 2020 9:35 am

Zimba wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:58 pm
amrotab123 wrote:
Nope they remain closed. Why don't you check their website ?!??
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... sageId=950
Thanks Zimba that wasn't really my question and clearly I'm checking their website which hasn't been updated since the closure. I'm not the only one who feels that all your replies tend to be a bit sarcastic and don't really address the question asked. Thank you for your useful moderation !!!!

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:35 pm

amrotab123 wrote:
Hi Amro,

I hope that based on this phased unlock plan appointments should start by phase 2 planed for beginning of June. So hopefully if things stay in control we might go for our appointment in June.

Let’s watch and patiently wait

May I ask what was your submission date of your application ? I still have norms received any email from hone office asking for documents :(

Imane
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by Imane » Mon May 11, 2020 2:36 pm

Hi, Did anyone try to call them to see what’s next? I sent an email and it seems it will take ages before they send me the same automated message I have been receiving since all this started! I complained and I would encourage you all to do so. They should find solutions rather than doing nothing. So irresponsible!