ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 1 General to ILR dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mkiruba
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 1 General to ILR dependent

Post by mkiruba » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:43 am

Hi

Me and my wife have been in independent Tier 1 general and now we both are completing 5 years and have to apply for ILR.

My proof of earnings are very clear and the supporting documents are not enough. But my wife has got the right documents in place so can I apply myself as dependent in ILR.

We have been married for 3 years and living in UK together and both have been working in UK for 5 years with 1 year in WorkPermit and 4 years in Tier1 General. No one of us has been dependent so far.

Thanks for reading this, Please let me know if I am safe to go for dependent in ILR.

Thanks
Kiru

DayDream

Post by DayDream » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:00 am

Hi Kiru

Please check this link, where you will find some information regarding your case.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

In summary, you cannot apply as dependant along with your wife for ILR if you are on seperates T1(G) visas. So you must switch your visa to "T1(G) dependant" and then apply for ILR. Also you cannot switch your status within the UK, you must apply for entry clearance from outside of UK(most likely your home country)

Cheers

mkiruba
Newly Registered

Post by mkiruba » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:59 am

Thanks for the quick repsonse