ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER1(G) Dependant ILR eligibility rules

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

drs87
Newly Registered
India

TIER1(G) Dependant ILR eligibility rules

Post by drs87 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:57 pm

My husband who was on Tier 1(G) visa and is now granted British citizenship in Feb 2017. I am on Tier-1 (general)/ PBS dependant visa and I am eligible for ILR by April 2018 completing 5 years stay (Date of entry to uk – April 2013). I have checked the number of days I have been out of UK and so far its 180 days in the last 5 years. Firstly I read that the 180 days rule apply for leave granted after Jan 2018. I am a bit confused here as to whether I come under that category or not. Also, I have come out of UK currently for 3 months on personal work. Would that be an issue with the application. Can someone please help confirm on the rules for ILR application for April 2018.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: TIER1(G) Dependant ILR eligibility rules

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:19 pm

The 180 day rules w.e.f. 11th January 2018 does not apply to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drs87
Newly Registered
India

Post by drs87 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:48 pm

Thank you for response. Does that mean it doesnt matter how long i stay out of UK? I have come out of UK for 3 months and if the 180 rule doesnt apply will it be ok to extend my stay for upto April 2018 (will be applying for ILR in April 2018 itself).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:12 pm

It doesn't but you should return in enough time to apply for ILR.

If you have been away for a while, HO might expect to see evidence of subsisting relationship, i.e. that you are not just 'popping back to the UK to get ILR before leaving again'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.