ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spout visa living away from home mon-fri

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skylark81
Newly Registered
India

UK spout visa living away from home mon-fri

Post by skylark81 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:16 am

Dear all,

A few months after being granted leave for the second time under the FLR (M) 5 year Partner route, I found a much better job in London and live and work there now, Monday to Friday. I see my wife only on the weekends, holidays and whenever we have days off. All our bills and correspondence (both in individual and joint names) go to our home in Norwich and I only rent a room in London for the weekdays. So there is no dearth of evidence of cohabitation - we have the mortgage in joint names, bank accounts, credit cards, utilities, you name it.

However, I am due to apply for my ILR this week as my leave expires in a few days and the SET (M) application form has the following question:

Do you and your partner currently live together?

My question is whether I should say YES to this or NO, given my situation.

I do not want to come across as withholding relevant information/not providing full disclosure if the HO probes the response to this question based on the employer details I provide and the fact that my employer is based in London while my home address is Norwich. But I am not sure if saying NO to the above question is right either as I do not commute daily (prohibitively expensive and soul destroying but not impossible). Also, this being an online application, there is no way to provide a cover note explaining our living situation.

I would be grateful for your advice on the best course of action here :? .

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: UK spout visa living away from home mon-fri

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:18 am

skylark81 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:16 am
Dear all,

A few months after being granted leave for the second time under the FLR (M) 5 year Partner route, I found a much better job in London and live and work there now, Monday to Friday. I see my wife only on the weekends, holidays and whenever we have days off. All our bills and correspondence (both in individual and joint names) go to our home in Norwich and I only rent a room in London for the weekdays. So there is no dearth of evidence of cohabitation - we have the mortgage in joint names, bank accounts, credit cards, utilities, you name it.

However, I am due to apply for my ILR this week as my leave expires in a few days and the SET (M) application form has the following question:

Do you and your partner currently live together?

My question is whether I should say YES to this or NO, given my situation.

I do not want to come across as withholding relevant information/not providing full disclosure if the HO probes the response to this question based on the employer details I provide and the fact that my employer is based in London while my home address is Norwich. But I am not sure if saying NO to the above question is right either as I do not commute daily (prohibitively expensive and soul destroying but not impossible). Also, this being an online application, there is no way to provide a cover note explaining our living situation.

I would be grateful for your advice on the best course of action here :? .
Whichever answer you go with, you can provide a cover note in PDF and upload as part of your documents.

skylark81
Newly Registered
India

Re: UK spout visa living away from home mon-fri

Post by skylark81 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:00 pm

Many thanks AmazonianX. Think I will say yes and upload a cover note explaining my situation. Hopefully that should cover me.