ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - application date and sopra appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

usamaasfer2019
Newly Registered

Urgent - application date and sopra appointment

Post by usamaasfer2019 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:10 pm

Dear Sir's,

My visa expiry date is 27th April 2019, I've submitted the application today and paid in full
But I won't be able to find any local sopra appointment before 1st week of May 2019!
My question is, do I have to attend sopra for documnets and biometric beore visa expirey date which is 27th or this could be done within a month from submission date ?

aahish
India

Re: Urgent - application date and sopra appointment

Post by aahish » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:29 pm

Hi,

I hope this helps you there are few appointments available at London premium lounge this morning for 23/24/25 don’t know if they are still available. Which place are you looking at?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:51 pm

usamaasfer2019 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:10 pm
Dear Sir's,

My visa expiry date is 27th April 2019, I've submitted the application today and paid in full
But I won't be able to find any local sopra appointment before 1st week of May 2019!
My question is, do I have to attend sopra for documnets and biometric beore visa expirey date which is 27th or this could be done within a month from submission date ?
The date of application is the date of online submission. Your date of application is today so you have made an intime application. The biometric date is irrelevant. You get 45 working days to provide your biometrics and verification of documents. You can attend UKVCAS appointment even after your expiry does not matter.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

usamaasfer2019
Newly Registered

Post by usamaasfer2019 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:57 pm

Thanks my dear friend :)
I've lost my sleep on it as someone told me I got to attend the Sopra before visa expiry date!
So as long as I'll attend it within 45 days from date of application, it is all good ?

Quick one, what is that £ 35 arrangement, is it really worth to have it ?

Bundle of thanks

usamaasfer2019
Newly Registered

Post by usamaasfer2019 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:59 pm

aahish wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:29 pm
Hi,

I hope this helps you there are few appointments available at London premium lounge this morning for 23/24/25 don’t know if they are still available. Which place are you looking at?
But I guess this is chargeable ? Also, I am getting free appointments in first week of May anyway so as long as I am violating any deadline could wait for it ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:13 pm

If you go back to your “further actions” page UKVI account, it will tell you the last date for your biometrics. Its 45 working days but you dont wanna delay as you want your processing to start right. You can book the free appointment first week of May.
Yes london premium lounge starts from £200 per appointment.
Personally I think £35 document checking service is a waste. They will check on the appointment day anyways so really no need to waste £35.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

usamaasfer2019
Newly Registered

Post by usamaasfer2019 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:30 am

tier11417 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:13 pm
If you go back to your “further actions” page UKVI account, it will tell you the last date for your biometrics. Its 45 working days but you dont wanna delay as you want your processing to start right. You can book the free appointment first week of May.
Personally I think £35 document checking service is a waste. They will check on the appointment day anyways so really no need to waste £35.
Thanks my friend
Another quick question, which options I need to select for my dependnt application, if I choose my current visa expiry date which is in 2 days time it doesn’t not raise any IHS charge, need your valuable advise on it please

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:16 pm

usamaasfer2019 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:30 am
tier11417 wrote:
Thanks my friend
Another quick question, which options I need to select for my dependnt application, if I choose my current visa expiry date which is in 2 days time it doesn’t not raise any IHS charge, need your valuable advise on it please
Other members have reported the same issue as this is a system error. They reported HO contacted them later to get the correct amount of IHS. Wait for someone else to respond further.

usamaasfer2019
Newly Registered

Post by usamaasfer2019 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:09 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:16 pm
usamaasfer2019 wrote:
tier11417 wrote:
Thanks my friend
Other members have reported the same issue as this is a system error. They reported HO contacted them later to get the correct amount of IHS. Wait for someone else to respond further.
So shall I go without paying any IHS, and mention the problem in cover letter? As if when I put 27-04-2019 visa expiry date it doesn't raise any IHS
I have tried various ways but it only initiate any IHS if I change my visa expiry date, which is principally wrong.
What is your advise on it ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:26 pm

usamaasfer2019 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:09 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:16 pm
usamaasfer2019 wrote:
tier11417 wrote:
Thanks my friend
So shall I go without paying any IHS, and mention the problem in cover letter? As if when I put 27-04-2019 visa expiry date it doesn't raise any IHS
I have tried various ways but it only initiate any IHS if I change my visa expiry date, which is principally wrong.
What is your advise on it ?
Mention in the cover letter thats what I can think of. Maybe someone else can give a better advice.