ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2015 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Gracious2015

Re: 2015 Citizenship Approvals

Post by Gracious2015 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:07 am

great_Ireland wrote:Good morning guys

Today I received my citizenship approval letter (dated 12th November).
I'm very happy that the waiting is over and their a good chance to catch up with December's ceremony.
I hope all of you receive your approval letter today.
I would like to thank you all and especially KingdomMan for the support.

I will share my timeline again below:

My application timeline:
Applied based on 5 years residence in Ireland (full employment- Stamp-1 switched to Stamp-4 after application to citizenship)
12th June 2015: Applied
22nd June 2015: Acknowledgement
14th August: Letter asking for a copy of my new GNIB stamp-4
17th August: GNIB copy sent
20th August: Acknowledge receipt of GNIB copy
14th September: Second letter
12th November: Citizenship approval (received on 13th November)
@ Great_Ireland Congratulations!! I dont think anyone has received an invitation as yet, atleast not anyone on this forum therefore i would say you are definately in the upcoming ceremony

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:32 am

I'm very happy that the waiting is over and their a good chance to catch up with December's ceremony.

My application timeline:
Applied based on 5 years residence in Ireland (full employment- Stamp-1 switched to Stamp-4 after application to citizenship)
CONGRATS MATE!!! Happy for you! Pls ensure you make payment of the €950 ASAP to stand a chance of being extended an invitation for the coming ceremony in about a month's time. :D

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:38 am

Will=Way wrote:Hi guys,

Is there possibly going to be another batch of approvals in the next coming days? What's the probability of this happening?

Thanks
Hey you bro! Any news in the post yet??? It's raining approvals already and hopefully it rains for you as well in this season. :)

embrace-8
Newly Registered

Post by embrace-8 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:45 pm

Hi all, I’m glad n relieved to see so many approvals here! It gives my hope that my application will be successful as well when my time comes :)

I’ll be completing my 5 years residency on a Stamp 1 in Aug’16. I have started getting all the paper work together and I would like to ask you for some friendly advice as to when would it be advisable for me to send in my application?
I wanted to avoid, if possible, having to go on a Stamp 4 after my 5years is up but I’m aware it may not be the case…

When I was at the GNIB office a couple of months ago for my last stamp the lady who saw me wasn’t very helpful/knowledgeable so I didn’t get any clarity there… but from readying the INIS website I understood I could lodge my application on the year prior to my 5th year, is that correct.
Thanks!

ddartt
Newly Registered

Post by ddartt » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:20 pm

@embrace-8, not really from what I know.

At the time you apply you need to have been legally resident in the state for the past year AND also for another 4 years out of last 8 years. For most people that means you can apply once you are 5 years in Ireland, unless you were absent for some time.

So you can lodge the application (i.e. get it signed in the presence of certified witness) the next day after you have your 5 years here, but not before then.

Will=Way
Newly Registered

Post by Will=Way » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:19 pm

KingdomMan wrote:

Is there possibly going to be another batch of approvals in the next coming days? What's the probability of this happening?

Thanks
Hey you bro! Any news in the post yet??? It's raining approvals already and hopefully it rains for you as well in this season. :)

Thanks for asking man :).... I haven't heard from them. My approval is probably in the post, finger crossed :). I live in county Dublin, so it usually took 1 to 2 days extra for posts to get delivered.
I contacted them immediately I saw someone got approval, hopefully that would prompt them to issue mine should they haven't done so...

How about yourself? Any news yet?

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:42 pm

Will=Way wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:

Thanks

Thanks for asking man :).... I haven't heard from them. My approval is probably in the post, finger crossed :). I live in county Dublin, so it usually took 1 to 2 days extra for posts to get delivered.
I contacted them immediately I saw someone got approval, hopefully that would prompt them to issue mine should they haven't done so...

How about yourself? Any news yet?

@Will=Way, What was said to you regarding your application when you contacted the INIS today?? As for me, I am not expectant of an approval for now as my file continues to be processed and who knows maybe before December 2016. I really can't be bothered for now as life goes on! :)

zsk_747
Ireland

Post by zsk_747 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:46 pm

I have been told today that my application is being prepared to submission for decision to minister.....Nearly 5 months gone for my application, hopefully will get my approval for Jan,2016.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:37 pm

zsk_747 wrote:I have been told today that my application is being prepared to submission for decision to minister.....Nearly 5 months gone for my application, hopefully will get my approval for Jan,2016.
You sure will.....

zsk_747
Ireland

Post by zsk_747 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:50 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
zsk_747 wrote:I have been told today that my application is being prepared to submission for decision to minister.....Nearly 5 months gone for my application, hopefully will get my approval for Jan,2016.
You sure will.....
Thanks KingdomMan....................what do you think will i able to get my approval in the month of December for Jan 2016 ceremony. ??

Will=Way
Newly Registered

Post by Will=Way » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:07 pm

@Will=Way, What was said to you regarding your application when you contacted the INIS today?? As for me, I am not expectant of an approval for now as my file continues to be processed and who knows maybe before December 2016. I really can't be bothered for now as life goes on! :)[/quote]

That's the spirit man, what will be will be... The European passport is just an addition to what we've blessed with (Residency).... It will happen at the right time....

I haven't heard back from them.... only contacted around half4 today... Should get a reply by Monday....

I will leave an update once I get a reply

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:18 pm

zsk_747 wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:
You sure will.....
Thanks KingdomMan....................what do you think will i able to get my approval in the month of December for Jan 2016 ceremony. ??
INIS activities are usually slow in the months of December but who knows. If I were you, I'll focus on getting approval for early days in January 2016 for a ceremony towards the end of January or mid February 2016. Give or take, it still looks good for you for an approval in the next 1 - 2 months.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:20 pm

Will=Way wrote:@Will=Way, What was said to you regarding your application when you contacted the INIS today?? As for me, I am not expectant of an approval for now as my file continues to be processed and who knows maybe before December 2016. I really can't be bothered for now as life goes on! :)

That's the spirit man, what will be will be... The European passport is just an addition to what we've blessed with (Residency).... It will happen at the right time....

I haven't heard back from them.... only contacted around half4 today... Should get a reply by Monday....

I will leave an update once I get a reply[/quote]

@Will=Way, You nailed it mate! Keep us posted here..

Will=Way
Newly Registered

Post by Will=Way » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 pm

My application timeline:
Congratulations on your approval.... Please if I may ask, Where in Ireland do you live?.. I'm asking because it took only one day for the post to get to you which is amazing

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:33 pm

Will=Way wrote:

My application timeline:
Congratulations on your approval.... Please if I may ask, Where in Ireland do you live?.. I'm asking because it took only one day for the post to get to you which is amazing

Recent approvals were issued and dated 11th and 12th of November respectively so it's likely more will come in the coming week.

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:37 pm

Just wondering if any one has received the ceremony invitation yet or not ? normally they send 1 month before the ceremony and now less than a month left .

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:42 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:Just wondering if any one has received the ceremony invitation yet or not ? normally they send 1 month before the ceremony and now less than a month left .
Will start issuing in the coming days.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi everyone.

My husband received his approval (Spouse of Irish national), we are over the moon. It has been a long road (we had immigration problems from early on in our relationship), but we will soon finally be free :)

Application timeline:

8th June 2015: Applied
22nd June: Acknowledgement
4th August: Initial processing stage letter
17th August: Letter asking us to resubmit the Spouse declaration and his statutory declaration (don't know why, we sent it in the first place with no mistakes)
18th August: Declarations sent
NO SECOND STAGE LETTER RECEIVED
22nd October: Citizenship approval :D :D

4 and half months waiting, thought it was going to be MUCH longer, delighted.

Fee sent the following week, still no letter for ceremony.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Monifé wrote:Hi everyone.

My husband received his approval (Spouse of Irish national), we are over the moon. It has been a long road (we had immigration problems from early on in our relationship), but we will soon finally be free :)

Application timeline:

8th June 2015: Applied
22nd June: Acknowledgement
4th August: Initial processing stage letter
17th August: Letter asking us to resubmit the Spouse declaration and his statutory declaration (don't know why, we sent it in the first place with no mistakes)
18th August: Declarations sent
NO SECOND STAGE LETTER RECEIVED
22nd October: Citizenship approval :D :D

4 and half months waiting, thought it was going to be MUCH longer, delighted.

Fee sent the following week, still no letter for ceremony.
Hi monife
Congratulations

dublin1924
Newly Registered

Post by dublin1924 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi Guys,

Any more approvals or should we expect, As i applied since May and no Reply after 2nd stage letter since July,
Any idea they can delay after 6 months, And will they inform me or my Solictor that what was the reason they delayed my application. Please comment, Especially Sir Kingdom Man.

Thanks

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:40 pm

dublin1924 wrote:Hi Guys,

Any more approvals or should we expect, As i applied since May and no Reply after 2nd stage letter since July,
Any idea they can delay after 6 months, And will they inform me or my Solictor that what was the reason they delayed my application. Please comment, Especially Sir Kingdom Man.

Thanks
It all depends on the basis of your application and if there are (or no) complexity with such application. Most standard application takes approximately 6 months. However, some applications are so straight forward and they take between 2 - 5 months while some others take longer ( over 6 months to 9 months). Applying through solicitors as I earlier mentioned here isn't the best as it raises a red flag and tends to delay approval but in the end, if there are no complex issues, you'll still get approved. Stay positive and put up a smiley face always... Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be) :)

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:21 pm

Today i got my invitation letter for 14th December 2015 Dublin Ceremony , thanks a lot everyone on the forum as i got precious advice at every stage from my permanent residence to Citizenship approval.

Will=Way
Newly Registered

Post by Will=Way » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:15 pm

Hi KingdomMan, Inis got back to me yesterday. Same reply but different way of putting it lol.... This is their exact reply: Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. While it
is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch
with you as soon as a decision has been reached (I'm sure is copy and paste lol). What do you think? :?

DTD
Newly Registered

Post by DTD » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:20 pm

Will=Way wrote:Hi KingdomMan, Inis got back to me yesterday. Same reply but different way of putting it lol.... This is their exact reply: Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. While it
with you as soon as a decision has been reached (I'm sure is copy and paste lol). What do you think? :?

You are almost there now. It's just a matter of 1-3 weeks when you will receive the good news :D :D .

All the best!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:43 am

Will=Way wrote:Hi KingdomMan, Inis got back to me yesterday. Same reply but different way of putting it lol.... This is their exact reply: Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. While it
I honestly think that your approval is in the offing and most likely the INIS are preparing you down for inclusion in the new sets of approvals after this December ceremony. You look good for January/February citizenship ceremony and it's not too far away when you look back at your journey. Keep positive sir! :)