ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Post Reply
SmileH
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:44 am
Pakistan

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by SmileH » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:47 am

Applied in April 2019
Second stage letter: May 2019
Few days ago got an email in reply that my application is at advanced stage of processing

NRB007
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:57 pm
Ireland

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by NRB007 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:21 pm

Application-based on: Stamp 4 Spouse of Irish Citizen
Application sent: 28/05/2019
Application received: 29/05/2019
Acknowledgment: 17/07/2019 ( letter of acknowledgment and returned passport)
Asked Additional documents Address proofs submitted: 06/10/2019
Second stage letter: Pending
Awaiting approval: Pending
Date of ceremony: Pending

meli87
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:24 am
Ireland

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by meli87 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:36 am

meli87 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:32 am
My Husband's Application

Application Based On: Spouse of an Irish Citizen
Applied On: 28/05/2019
Application received On: 29/05/2019 (An post tracking)
Acknowledgement : Pending
Second Letter: Pending
Awaiting On Approval: Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending

Current and previous passport returned on 24/06/19 with a letter from processing team 2:
"Dear..... I am directed by the minister for Justice and Equality to refer to your application for naturalisation.
Please find enclosed your current passport etc...
If for any reason we require your passport again in the future we will contact you in writing.
Please note that your application has not yet been fully processed. Applications are being processed in date order and your application number and receipt will issue in due course."
Affidavit email received: 20/1/21
Affidavit sent: 21/1/21
Citizenship certificate received: 9/2/21

Wow90
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:12 pm
Ireland

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by Wow90 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:14 pm

Did your husband received an acceptance letter before receiving the email?

Wow90
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:12 pm
Ireland

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by Wow90 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:15 pm

meli87 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:36 am
meli87 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:32 am
My Husband's Application

Application Based On: Spouse of an Irish Citizen
Applied On: 28/05/2019
Application received On: 29/05/2019 (An post tracking)
Acknowledgement : Pending
Second Letter: Pending
Awaiting On Approval: Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending

Current and previous passport returned on 24/06/19 with a letter from processing team 2:
"Dear..... I am directed by the minister for Justice and Equality to refer to your application for naturalisation.
Please find enclosed your current passport etc...
If for any reason we require your passport again in the future we will contact you in writing.
Please note that your application has not yet been fully processed. Applications are being processed in date order and your application number and receipt will issue in due course."
Affidavit email received: 20/1/21
Affidavit sent: 21/1/21
Citizenship certificate received: 9/2/21
Did your husband received an acceptance letter before receiving the email?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79204
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:46 pm

Please respect that this is a timeline only topic and do not ask questions here, they will be removed!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anongirl
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:50 pm
South Africa

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by anongirl » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:40 pm

anongirl wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:27 pm
anongirl wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:03 pm
Application Based On: Non EU ( Stamp 4)
Applied On: 22/07/2019
Application received On: 24/07/2019
Acknowledgement : 26/07/2019 - passport returned
Second Letter: 30/10/2019
Awaiting On Approval: pending
Date of Ceremony: pending
Application Based On: Non EU ( Stamp 4)
Applied On: 22/07/2019
Application received On: 24/07/2019
Acknowledgement : 26/07/2019 - passport returned
Second Letter: 30/10/2019
Approval letter: Received 07/02/2020 (letter was dated 06/02/2020) 😁
Date of Ceremony: pending
Affidavit email: received 9/2/21, signed and posted back same day

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79204
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:41 pm

@Rude555 - Can you please respect that this is a timeline only topic and do not ask questions here, they will be removed!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gigetto
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:23 am
Italy

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by Gigetto » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:41 am

Application Based On: Residence, EU citizen
Applied On: 29/07/2019
Application received On: 31/07/2019
Acknowledgement : 26/08/2019 received passport and receipt of payment. 15/11/2019 request for further evidence of residence for 2014-2019 and certificate of character which I sent back on 28/01/2020, received by them on 30/01/2020
Second Letter: 15/07/2020
Awaiting On Approval: Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending

shn525
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:43 am
Ireland

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by shn525 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:27 am

Application Based On: marriage to native Irish citizen
Applied On: 06/08/2019
Application received On: 07/08/2019
Acknowledgement: 13/08/2019 passports returned
Second Letter: 14/11/2019 Receipt for application fee, Request for 1. mortgage/tenancy agreement from 2016-2019 (already previously sent with application), 2. copies of bank statements for at least three months for the years 2016, 2017, 2018 specifically mentioned to be day-to-day transactions excluding online and direct debits. Odd. (already sent with application) 3. a letter from GP/dentist stating applicant's name and address, the date registered with them, and dates of every appointment attended since registered with them. This one took a while as I have a chronic illness that required monthly bloods for a few years. My GP was very good about it, but I felt a little surprised and uncomfortable by the explicit request. Collected all requested documents and sent them together on 03/12/19
Awaiting On Approval: still...
Date of Certificate of Naturalisation: an unknown. Zeno's paradox, essentially.

anongirl
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:50 pm
South Africa

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by anongirl » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:28 am

anongirl wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:40 pm
anongirl wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:27 pm
anongirl wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:03 pm
Application Based On: Non EU ( Stamp 4)
Applied On: 22/07/2019
Application received On: 24/07/2019
Acknowledgement : 26/07/2019 - passport returned
Second Letter: 30/10/2019
Awaiting On Approval: pending
Date of Ceremony: pending
Application Based On: Non EU ( Stamp 4)
Applied On: 22/07/2019
Application received On: 24/07/2019
Acknowledgement : 26/07/2019 - passport returned
Second Letter: 30/10/2019
Approval letter: Received 07/02/2020 (letter was dated 06/02/2020) 😁
Date of Ceremony: pending
Affidavit email: received 9/2/21, signed and posted back same day
Certificate received 23/2/21 😃

Burzum91
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:29 pm
Ireland

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by Burzum91 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:58 am

Application Based On: 5+ years residency, EU citizen

Applied Date: 13/12/19
Application received Date: 16/12/19
Acknowledgement Date: 20/12/19
Second Letter: 15/02/20
Approval: Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending

DorothyZbornak
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:21 pm
Ireland

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by DorothyZbornak » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:25 pm

Application Based On: 5 years residency, Stamp 1 & 4 (Non-EU)
Applied Date: 20/6/2019
Acknowledgement Date: 30/7/2019
Second Letter: 6/1/2020
Approval: Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending

shn525
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:43 am
Ireland

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by shn525 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:01 pm

shn525 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:27 am
Application Based On: marriage to native Irish citizen
Applied On: 06/08/2019
Application received On: 07/08/2019
Acknowledgement: 13/08/2019 passports returned
Second Letter: 14/11/2019 Receipt for application fee, Request for 1. mortgage/tenancy agreement from 2016-2019 (already previously sent with application), 2. copies of bank statements for at least three months for the years 2016, 2017, 2018 specifically mentioned to be day-to-day transactions excluding online and direct debits. Odd. (already sent with application) 3. a letter from GP/dentist stating applicant's name and address, the date registered with them, and dates of every appointment attended since registered with them. This one took a while as I have a chronic illness that required monthly bloods for a few years. My GP was very good about it, but I felt a little surprised and uncomfortable by the explicit request. Collected all requested documents and sent them together on 03/12/19
Awaiting On Approval: still...
Date of Certificate of Naturalisation: an unknown. Zeno's paradox, essentially.
Approval: 03 March! Getting my Oath of Fidelity witnessed tomorrow and posting it back.

chai
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:29 am
Ireland

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by chai » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:04 pm

chai wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:16 am
chai wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:35 am
Application Based On: Non-EU (Stamp 1 & 4) - 5 years residence
Application received on: 7/6/2019
Acknowledgement & Passport Returned On: 12/07/2019
Application Number & Receipt & Second Letter: 2/11/2019
Awaiting On Approval: Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending
I still don't have any updates on my application since then, like many of you.
Last update was November 2019 informing me of being at the second stage of processing.
Please post if anyone receives any updates, this will be helpful for those waiting to adjust expectations.
I have received a letter by post today with the approval, request for payment and for sending the declaration. FYI - I haven't received any emails. I hope my long wait is coming to an end and that this gives hope for more people getting approvals soon!

Kerrymatt
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:01 am
Ireland

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by Kerrymatt » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:44 pm

Kerrymatt wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:16 pm
Kerrymatt wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:15 am
Kerrymatt wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:22 am
Application Based On: Marriage to Irish Citizen
Applied On: 3/4/2019
Application received On: 4/4/2019
Acknowledgement : Pending
Second Letter: Pending
Awaiting On Approval: 3/3/2021
Date of Ceremony: N/A: can remit funds online, and can mail in notarized declaration
Acknowledgement: 13/6/2019, Passport received 20/6/2019

Approval letter received!

shn525
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:43 am
Ireland

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by shn525 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:18 pm

shn525 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:01 pm
shn525 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:27 am
Application Based On: marriage to native Irish citizen
Applied On: 06/08/2019
Application received On: 07/08/2019
Acknowledgement: 13/08/2019 passports returned
Second Letter: 14/11/2019 Receipt for application fee, Request for 1. mortgage/tenancy agreement from 2016-2019 (already previously sent with application), 2. copies of bank statements for at least three months for the years 2016, 2017, 2018 specifically mentioned to be day-to-day transactions excluding online and direct debits. Odd. (already sent with application) 3. a letter from GP/dentist stating applicant's name and address, the date registered with them, and dates of every appointment attended since registered with them. This one took a while as I have a chronic illness that required monthly bloods for a few years. My GP was very good about it, but I felt a little surprised and uncomfortable by the explicit request. Collected all requested documents and sent them together on 03/12/19
Awaiting On Approval: still...
Date of Certificate of Naturalisation: an unknown. Zeno's paradox, essentially.
Approval: 03 March! Getting my Oath of Fidelity witnessed tomorrow and posting it back.
Posted Oath of FIdelity and IRP card on 04 March, submitted all digital documentation, photo, payment on 06 March. As far as I know, this is the end of my required steps to obtain citizenship. Hopefully I entered everything correctly and will get a certificate soon! (I also never got any emails. I think that must have been early days when they were still trying to sort out the logistics of non-ceremony approvals).

Excited, but still somehow nervous...

Rude555
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:37 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by Rude555 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:33 pm

Applied in March 2019 and 21 days legal notice send by solicitor for final decision.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79204
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:02 pm

Please respect that this is a timeline only topic and do not ask questions here, they will be removed!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

macdre55
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:45 pm
Ireland

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by macdre55 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:26 pm

macdre55 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:41 pm
macdre55 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:41 pm
Application Based On: Non-EU ( Stamp 4= 5yrs +)
Applied On: 14 March 2019
Application received On: 15 March 2019
Acknowledgement : 22 May 2019 (received original passport back after i requested ,No Reference # still waiting)
Reference Sent: 23 August,2019 - Old Passport Sent Back,Receipt and Reference number is issued
second Letter: Pending
Awaiting On Approval: 15/03/21
Date of Ceremony: pending
Update:

I just got approval today on 15/03/21.
I will pay tonight and get the declaration filled with the solicitor present.

Kerrymatt
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:01 am
Ireland

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by Kerrymatt » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:11 am

Kerrymatt wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:44 pm
Kerrymatt wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:16 pm
Kerrymatt wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:15 am
Kerrymatt wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:22 am
Application Based On: Marriage to Irish Citizen
Applied On: 3/4/2019
Application received On: 4/4/2019
Acknowledgement : Pending
Second Letter: Pending
Awaiting On Approval: 3/3/2021
Date of Ceremony: N/A: can remit funds online, and can mail in notarized declaration
Acknowledgement: 13/6/2019, Passport received 20/6/2019

Approval letter received!
Used online system to pay for certificate on 5 March. Posted notarized Declaration and IRP on 8 March, delivered 9 March.

Received confirmation of online payment on 15 March. Confirmation of payment e-mail included 'you will receive a letter in due course regarding the final stage of your Citizenship application'

ssireland
Newbie
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue May 21, 2019 2:34 am
India

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by ssireland » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:38 pm

Application Based On: 5 years of Residence non-EU
Applied On: 12/04/2019
Application received On: 15/04/2019
Acknowledgement :28/10/2019
Approval Letter: 15/10/2020
Signed affidavit returned: 17/02/2021
Naturalization certificate received: 26/03/2021

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79204
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:02 pm
Please respect that this is a timeline only topic and do not ask questions here, they will be removed!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

___iva___
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:52 pm
Mood:
Croatia

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by ___iva___ » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:07 am

___iva___ wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:44 pm
Both, my partner and I have applied this week :)

My Application:
Application Based On: 5 years residency (EU Citizen)
Applied On: 03 April 2019
Application received On: 04 April 2019
Passport received On: 30 May 2019 after e-mailing and asking if documentation was received
Acknowledgement : -13 September 2019 Received acknowledgement and request for additional information with 28 days to reply. I am required to provide police clearance record from all countries I lived in. Requested extension. Given that we both lived in multiple countries it might take a while.
Additional Documents: 03 December 2019 We sent over completed documentation after this -> ireland/additional-documents-sent-to-th ... 93020.html. Applications were still active.

Second Letter: No second letter.
Awaiting On Approval: 31/03/2021 Finally received a letter requesting payment + witness to our Declaration + photos :D
Date of Ceremony/Cert Received: -

His Application:
Application Based On: 5 years residency (EU Citizen)
Applied On: 03 April 2019
Application received On: 04 April 2019
Passport received On: 30 May 2019 after e-mailing and asking if documentation was received
Acknowledgement : 13 September 2019 Received acknowledgement and request for additional information with 28 days to reply. He was required to provide police clearance record from all countries he lived in. Requested extension.
Additional Documents: 03 December 2019 We sent over completed documentation after this -> ireland/additional-documents-sent-to-th ... 93020.html . Applications were still active. :mrgreen:

Second Letter: No second letter.
Awaiting On Approval: 31/03/2021 Finally received a letter requesting payment + witness to our Declaration + photos :D
Date of Ceremony/Cert Received -

kaffyk
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:07 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: 2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only

Post by kaffyk » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:11 am

Application Based On: Stamp 4
Applied On: 21/11/2019
Application received On: 22/11/2019
Passport returned: 22/11/2019
Acknowledgement with payment receipt and reference : 17/12/2019
Second Letter: 08/03/2020
Letter Re Minister: 10/09/2020
Awaiting On Approval: 28/03/2021
Certificate: Pending

Post Reply
cron