ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

are we legal???

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GreenApple
Newly Registered

are we legal???

Post by GreenApple » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:44 am

hi guys..

does anyone have any idea if a person apply for EU1 and his or her visa expire.ais he or she legal or willbe count as illegal during the stay in ireland as we all know that DOJ is not giving any kind of stamp while we are waiting for EU1??

please let me know if you know under what law we are cover??

thanks

Dimy77

Post by Dimy77 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:19 am

You're legal while your EU1 application is pending, but you have no rights whatsoever. You're not allowed to work or get welfare.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:24 am

Here's the text of the reply I received from SOLVIT on this issue
Please refer to our website http://www.entemp.ie/trade/marketaccess ... solvit.htm

We understand from the Department of Justice that some applicants have received a refusal letter which advises them what to do next. Those applicants can now go to their local Immigration office as per the information on our website.

Other applicants have received a refusal letter which does not advise them what to do next. Those applicants should now write to the EU Treaty Rights Section, Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform, 13 - 14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2, asking that the Department of Justice review their application.

For people who have been advised to go to the local Immigration office, please understand that it may take some time before this new procedure filters through to the individual Immigration offices.

The High Court has made its decision in relation to the recent case and matters rest there pending an appeal to the supreme Court, which we understand has been lodged.

The Irish SOLVIT Centre advise all applicant's who are sending documents and application forms to the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform, to keep photocopies of everything you are sending and to send everything by registered post. This will provide you with a reference number and allow you to locate your documents should the need arise.

CamB
Newly Registered

Post by CamB » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:24 am

I arrived into Ireland on a 3 months visitor stamp in my passport. I did not require a visa.
That stamp is about to expire at the end of the month and I need to head to London in September for a week. What chance I'll get another stamp or my current one extended?

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:26 am

Dimy77 wrote:You're not allowed to work or get welfare.
Please check with the information officer at the local community center.You might be eligible for rent supplements and for health care if your household (you, spouse&kids) income is below a certain level.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:29 am

CamB wrote:I arrived into Ireland on a 3 months visitor stamp in my passport. I did not require a visa.
That stamp is about to expire at the end of the month and I need to head to London in September for a week. What chance I'll get another stamp or my current one extended?
if you can, try to apply for a re-entry visa at GNIB.do that before your stamp expires.
https://www.reachservices.ie/reachPorta ... hp_1886_en

GreenApple
Newly Registered

under which regulation i m legal??

Post by GreenApple » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:36 am

under which regulation i am legal if i am waiting for eu1 n my visa is expired???

thanks

microlab

Post by microlab » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:56 pm

The wording is not great but they did come up with this answer here@

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... hts%20FAQs
Q. If my permission to remain expires before I get my decision, what can I do?

A. All applicants are in the State as application pending. You can attend your local Immigration Registration Office and you may be registered at the discretion of the Immigration Officer.

You kind of get the meaning.Dont worry, you are not illegal while your application is under consideration.