ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship via Children from NI

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Delacruz007
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Citizenship via Children from NI

Post by Delacruz007 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:40 pm

Hi folks,

My cousin is hoping to naturalised via his children from Northern Ireland. He isn’t married to the mother of his kids so he can’t obviously go down that route. I’m talking to him now and he’s confused as to what route to go through. Is anyone here from NI that’s gone through this route if there’s anything of such.
Any suggestions or response will be highly appreciated.
Regards

Mrs P
India

Re: Citizenship via Children from NI

Post by Mrs P » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:38 pm

I think yes of course he can apply through Irish Association.. they applied the same rules of republic of ireland to Northern Ireland,but this route takes longer than the other types of applications, if you don’t mint can you share your friends wife nationality.. i mean if she is irish and give them proof of their living relationship is genuine , application will be more strong..

Delacruz007
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Delacruz007 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:41 pm

Thanks for your quick response. They are not married but she’s portuguese. She’s been here for a while and I think she has Irish passport. The kids are born in norther Ireland, the older Child is 15yrs old and they all have Irish passort too. What are the requirements? Or rules?

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:24 am

He can go ahead and try.. i am not sure but i think there is some resident requirement as well, may be 3 years out of 5 years something continuesly without 6 weeks absence rule.. better to get advise first from some Solictor.. they can tell you what exactly documentation you need first.. good luck