Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
Rosay36
Junior Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:04 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Rosay36 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:01 pm

iceice304 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:46 pm
Rang the office this am, lady on the told that my application is being processed at the minute, she will ask the team to send me update and that I will get it next week.
Any suggestions what does this mean? Seniors can you help please.
I had very similar experience during my time. I called the department and was told same thing as you mentioned. After the call I received my second letter I waited for for 7 months. Three weeks later was my approval letter.

Kib
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:40 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Kib » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:12 pm

iceice304 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:46 pm
Rang the office this am, lady on the told that my application is being processed at the minute, she will ask the team to send me update and that I will get it next week.
Any suggestions what does this mean? Seniors can you help please.
You got through? Least someone does answer I guess. I've tried last three "open" days. Rings 30sec and cuts-off, rings 45 sec and cuts-off or line is busy message and the callback option is not available.

littlerr
Senior Member
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:14 pm
China

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by littlerr » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:06 pm

Kib wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:12 pm
iceice304 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:46 pm
Rang the office this am, lady on the told that my application is being processed at the minute, she will ask the team to send me update and that I will get it next week.
Any suggestions what does this mean? Seniors can you help please.
You got through? Least someone does answer I guess. I've tried last three "open" days. Rings 30sec and cuts-off, rings 45 sec and cuts-off or line is busy message and the callback option is not available.
I had my doubts as well. :P I thought they left a wrong number or forgot to update it on their website, until I found out this website and realised it did work occasionally for other people... I got through once successfully even since...

iceice304
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 8:19 am
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by iceice304 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:17 pm

@Rosay36,,,Applied in November 16 and I got 2nd stage letter in July 17, and since then no news, today she said you will get this in post next week. Did you get approval letter after they told you this ?

Syjem
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Syjem » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:12 pm

Hi Folks,
Can you please share the latest update you got about your application?
Mine is ready to be submitted to minister since more than 3 months and I don't know if it has been submitted or not as they are not clarifying that to me when I talk to them.

Rosay36
Junior Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:04 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Rosay36 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:09 pm

iceice304 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:17 pm
@Rosay36,,,Applied in November 16 and I got 2nd stage letter in July 17, and since then no news, today she said you will get this in post next week. Did you get approval letter after they told you this ?
I got a second letter the following day after my call to them and then an approval letter after three weeks. If you have had your second letter already I would want to believe you will be getting an approval letter.

rockyguy
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:49 am
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by rockyguy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:10 am

Rosay36 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:09 pm
iceice304 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:17 pm
@Rosay36,,,Applied in November 16 and I got 2nd stage letter in July 17, and since then no news, today she said you will get this in post next week. Did you get approval letter after they told you this ?
I got a second letter the following day after my call to them and then an approval letter after three weeks. If you have had your second letter already I would want to believe you will be getting an approval letter.
Hello Rosay36,

I applied in 2016 June and i got my 2nd stage letter in February 2018. Since then i contacted them through emails and phone calls n i was told my application is in process and waiting for garda reports.What would you recommend there will be change for me to get approval soon or not?

Thanks

Rosay36
Junior Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:04 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Rosay36 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:45 am

It is such a painful process waiting that long. No one knows exactly how they process applications. I would say write them a formal letter by post instead of emails. Emails are most times generic but with letters, the department handling your case will respond to you directly and hopefully provide you with all the necessary information.

Grace620
Junior Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:07 am

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Grace620 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:47 am

Hi Guys ,

What great day , received my aproval today in post .

Apploed sep 2017 based on divorced granted 10 years stamp 4 EU3.
2nd letter may 2018 after submitted PR.
Received aproval 21 Sep 2018
Ceremony pending

Regards Grace

Syjem
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Syjem » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:10 pm

Dear All,
Would anyone explain what is the meaning of advanced stage in the citizenship application. Since 3 months and whenever I ask about my application I am told is at advanced stage. I am keen to know what does that mean and how long it could stay in this stage.

2pac4ever
Junior Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:14 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by 2pac4ever » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:24 am

Syjem wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:10 pm
Dear All,
Would anyone explain what is the meaning of advanced stage in the citizenship application. Since 3 months and whenever I ask about my application I am told is at advanced stage. I am keen to know what does that mean and how long it could stay in this stage.
When did you apply @syjem? Also did you receive the letter stating that your application has been initially processed and it is moving to the second stage of processing? Did you apply as EUFAM? I'm sure your approval will be sent to you soon.

iceice304
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 8:19 am
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by iceice304 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:47 am

Last week they said that I will get update via post next week. No letter yet. So I rang twice today, First Lady told me that my application is in the final process and I should not worry. The second time the lady on other phone line took my phone number and said they will ring me...is it usual to happen like this and had it happened to anyone? What does it mean? Seniors can you help please. My worry is that I am planning to travel for one week from 11/10 to 19/10. Should I book flights and in the mean time if they ask for GNIB could I be able to enter into country without GNIB?

hassaanhaque
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:03 pm
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by hassaanhaque » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Finally after 2 year and 10 days of waiting, I got the approval.

Best of luck everyone. I pray that all of you get your approval soon.

2pac4ever
Junior Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:14 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by 2pac4ever » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:02 pm

Congratulations hassaanhaque
what was the basis of your application? EUFAM?

hassaanhaque
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:03 pm
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by hassaanhaque » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:14 pm

My application was based on 5 years of residence (Green card permit and stamp 4).

Samfv
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Samfv » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi guys, just signed up in the forum. Waiting since December 2016. Called last Thursday she said I’ll be hearing from the office shortly, everything looks fine. When I enquiried if I still am on stage 2 she said I moved up a bit. What do you guys think? Shortly could still mean next year ? :(

amwaraich
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by amwaraich » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:25 am

Ok Guys. At last good news after 2 years and 45 days. Got approval letter today dated 1st October. There is still something going on. I will update you guys later.

I wish you all the best.
Thanks to all on this thread to keep us informed.

Cz2015
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:20 pm
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Cz2015 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:51 am

It’s so frustrating you call them one week and get a reply that ur application is at the final stage and you should hear from us soon the lady also said I should be included in the November ceremony and than u call them the following week and ur told ur application is in the second stage 😫 I just wish they’d give correct answers and stop contradicting themselves.

Anyone else being told different things when they phone?

Iggy4
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:06 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Iggy4 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:33 am

First phone call, you will receive letter in two weeks time, 2nd call your application is still 2nd stage, so they have no idea what are they saying. :) - I dont trust them anything until I get in the post yes or no. Its not worth it to stress around for nothing.

Hello001
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:43 am
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Hello001 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:24 am

Cz2015 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:51 am
It’s so frustrating you call them one week and get a reply that ur application is at the final stage and you should hear from us soon the lady also said I should be included in the November ceremony and than u call them the following week and ur told ur application is in the second stage 😫 I just wish they’d give correct answers and stop contradicting themselves.

Anyone else being told different things when they phone?
Hi Cz2015,
Yeah that's very frustrating to get different responses every time when we call the department..I'm sure that's the case with many members on this forum here and I'm not an exception too...I would say patience is the key here and we need to let it happen on its own. We cant do much here i guess :)
Regards.

Post Reply
cron