Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
ghsherazi
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:50 am
India

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by ghsherazi » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:06 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:11 am
just as I thought people for certain countries with eu fam visa are delayed
im in the same boat
I am 100 percent agree with Mall they are very badly treating with certain countries Specially India, Pakistan Bangladesh i am also from india i never trust on them whenever sent email they always lies
Sorry Mall if you dont mind could you please tell where you from
thanks

2pac4ever
Junior Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:14 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by 2pac4ever » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:32 pm

I doubt the delay is only about your country of origin. A friend of mine from Africa applied as non-EU Stamp 1 and 4, 5 year residency and he’s been waiting for over a year now. My guess is that applications are being delayed because they’re conducting some sort of investigations and checks and only when they’re done, they’ll submit the file to the minister for a decision. If those investigations were already completed then they’d submit to the minister and once a decision is made, the applicant is informed. I don’t think they’ll submit to the minister without completing all the checks/investigations. Of course, what those investigations and checks are remain a mystery to everyone from outside.

In another thread (ireland/irish-citizenship-application-f ... 60466.html), someone mentioned that normally, the approval should come about 4 months after the second stage letter otherwise the applicant has been naughty somewhere.
On the flip side, because the application hasn’t yet been rejected, it means that it’s still pretty much being looked after which is better than a bare rejection I supposed.
Obviously without knowing what’s being done in that department, I’m just speculating. We're all in this so we'd try to be positive about the situation even if it's unfair and it sucks!

rockyguy
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:49 am
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by rockyguy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:08 am

2pac4ever wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:32 pm
I doubt the delay is only about your country of origin. A friend of mine from Africa applied as non-EU Stamp 1 and 4, 5 year residency and he’s been waiting for over a year now. My guess is that applications are being delayed because they’re conducting some sort of investigations and checks and only when they’re done, they’ll submit the file to the minister for a decision. If those investigations were already completed then they’d submit to the minister and once a decision is made, the applicant is informed. I don’t think they’ll submit to the minister without completing all the checks/investigations. Of course, what those investigations and checks are remain a mystery to everyone from outside.

In another thread (ireland/irish-citizenship-application-f ... 60466.html), someone mentioned that normally, the approval should come about 4 months after the second stage letter otherwise the applicant has been naughty somewhere.
On the flip side, because the application hasn’t yet been rejected, it means that it’s still pretty much being looked after which is better than a bare rejection I supposed.
Obviously without knowing what’s being done in that department, I’m just speculating. We're all in this so we'd try to be positive about the situation even if it's unfair and it sucks!
Hi guys!!

Thanks for a brief explanation. My stress is getting higher everyday. I am waiting for the decision since 2016 june. No criminal offence or anything. Just applied through solicitor but its almost 28 months and no response after 2nd stage. 2 days ago i just got an email reply from the department the same thing "

Thank you for your email. It is recognised that all applicants for
citizenship would wish to have a decision on their application without
delay. Your application for naturalisation continues to be processed. If
further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your
application is required from you, we will write to you requesting it.

Please Note each application is assessed on an individual basis and the
amount of time gathering all the the necessary information varies from
application to application. While it is not possible to give an exact
timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been
reached.

Regards
Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 1
I don't understand guys how long is gonna be like that? I heard department should make a decision on your application in 30 months maximum or we can hire some barrister for judicial review. Is there anyone who's facing the same time period delay as mine? I am really devastated and i don't think i am gonna get any approval for this ceremony too :(

Mal111
Member of Standing
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:44 am
Mood:
India

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Mal111 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:11 am

2 of my friend applied in April 2016
1 person I kno applied in June 2016
syjem a member here applied in I think july 2016
I applied in aug 2016 (no criminal record or garda adverse attention never touched state benefits full time worker)

and there are a few more members who applied in 2016 you can find them on my post here

your not the only one bro

2pac4ever
Junior Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:14 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by 2pac4ever » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:59 am

rockyguy wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:08 am
2pac4ever wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:32 pm
I doubt the delay is only about your country of origin. A friend of mine from Africa applied as non-EU Stamp 1 and 4, 5 year residency and he’s been waiting for over a year now. My guess is that applications are being delayed because they’re conducting some sort of investigations and checks and only when they’re done, they’ll submit the file to the minister for a decision. If those investigations were already completed then they’d submit to the minister and once a decision is made, the applicant is informed. I don’t think they’ll submit to the minister without completing all the checks/investigations. Of course, what those investigations and checks are remain a mystery to everyone from outside.

In another thread (ireland/irish-citizenship-application-f ... 60466.html), someone mentioned that normally, the approval should come about 4 months after the second stage letter otherwise the applicant has been naughty somewhere.
On the flip side, because the application hasn’t yet been rejected, it means that it’s still pretty much being looked after which is better than a bare rejection I supposed.
Obviously without knowing what’s being done in that department, I’m just speculating. We're all in this so we'd try to be positive about the situation even if it's unfair and it sucks!
Hi guys!!

Thanks for a brief explanation. My stress is getting higher everyday. I am waiting for the decision since 2016 june. No criminal offence or anything. Just applied through solicitor but its almost 28 months and no response after 2nd stage. 2 days ago i just got an email reply from the department the same thing "

Thank you for your email. It is recognised that all applicants for
citizenship would wish to have a decision on their application without
delay. Your application for naturalisation continues to be processed. If
further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your
application is required from you, we will write to you requesting it.

Please Note each application is assessed on an individual basis and the
amount of time gathering all the the necessary information varies from
application to application. While it is not possible to give an exact
timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been
reached.

Regards
Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 1
I don't understand guys how long is gonna be like that? I heard department should make a decision on your application in 30 months maximum or we can hire some barrister for judicial review. Is there anyone who's facing the same time period delay as mine? I am really devastated and i don't think i am gonna get any approval for this ceremony too :(


given that we don’t know the actual reason our application is being delayed, it’s kind of hard to know where to go from here and I’m afraid all we can do is just to wait. I know it’s pretty stressful especially given that there’s a ceremony looming around and we look set to miss it. As I said before, my guess is the delay is being caused by an investigation taking longer than expected, maybe they found something odd and they’re digging into it further and until that process is complete they won’t submit it your file to the minister for a decision. Also, applying via a lawyer sounds a little bit counterproductive to me as it may be interpreted like you’re trying to hide something even if it might not be the case.

tempacc
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:03 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by tempacc » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:28 am

I also applied in 2016 August, I gave up and dont want to take any more stress its bad for your life and health and also for your brain... so no bloody point to stress about it, just leave for 5 years 10 years i dont care... enjoy your time and make your own plans to make your life better, wheneve it has to come it will come as we surely know there is no other way than just to wait. so Why do we need to stress ? take it easy man do not torture yourself , are you getting anything taking stress about it? you are loosing your energy and time. so deal with it and just relax and enjoy... dont keep saying stress stress stress... there is no bloody point... just take it easy and chill and pray

omarel
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:27 pm
Palestine

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by omarel » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:44 pm

I first applied 2 years ago in Oct 2016 Irish spouse and got second stage in Feb 2017 and haven't heard a single word and chased them million times from that date hoping I catch every ceremony.. until I had time to let go of everything and forgot about it.. Took a month off abroad then the approval letter was received (few days after I left ironically enough :) )

This morning the invitation for the 26th ceremony was received! Very happy to finally get it! I first applied 2 years ago in Oct 2016 Irish spouse.. Good luck for everyone awaiting invitation letters!

My advice, don't wait for it, don't ask about it! I know that's very hard to do but doing so will only stress you more!

Esha011
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:49 pm
India

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Esha011 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi guys,
Is there any hope for approval in november as well for coming ceremony?

BENWISEMAN
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:27 pm
Canada

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by BENWISEMAN » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:46 pm

Last sets of approval will be in October as they are already rolling out invitation letters for the ceremony. Chances of approval in November is extremely unlikely.

rockyguy
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:49 am
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by rockyguy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:50 am

Hi Guys!

Anyone got approval who applied in mid of 2016? I am still waiting and not hoping for any approval for November ceremony. I am contacting some good barrister after new year in Dublin. According to procedures they have to make a decision in 30 months maximum. After that we should go for judicial review. I have a humble request for you guys who also waiting for a decision like me we should all take some legal action on the department. We should come forward and fight for our case collectively. I bet you this will work. Otherwise who knows we have to wait for more years may be. More people can buildup some pressure on them and it won't be counterproductive. Any advice from experts would be appreciated.

Thanks

2pac4ever
Junior Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:14 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by 2pac4ever » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:52 pm

rockyguy wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:50 am
Hi Guys!

Anyone got approval who applied in mid of 2016? I am still waiting and not hoping for any approval for November ceremony. I am contacting some good barrister after new year in Dublin. According to procedures they have to make a decision in 30 months maximum. After that we should go for judicial review. I have a humble request for you guys who also waiting for a decision like me we should all take some legal action on the department. We should come forward and fight for our case collectively. I bet you this will work. Otherwise who knows we have to wait for more years may be. More people can buildup some pressure on them and it won't be counterproductive. Any advice from experts would be appreciated.

Thanks

I just can’t see how this action will yield anything useful since we don’t know why these applications are being held up. My guess is that when you apply for citizenship if your personal circumstances change for whatever reasons this will have a huge impact on your application. In some cases, this will result in it being paused until the investigation is complete. for instance, if you are being summoned to a court while your application is being processed then it will be held up. If as part of your application, an investigation is launched and they found something fishy then this will result in a delay in your application being processed. What people don’t sometimes realise is that our past actions can come back to haunt us. On this forum, someone mentioned about a traffic offence for which he went to court and fined by a judge and he didn’t know that it will be a big deal in his citizenship application which was refused in the end.
I agree that it is awful having to wait for so long with no information. at the bare minimum, INIS should communicate on that but I guess by doing that maybe they’ll feel that they will undermine the investigation so it’s a catch 22.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Junior Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:10 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:49 pm

I agree that there could be multiple reasons for applications being delayed. But since most the so-called investigations are about the past acts of the applicants, what is the harm in telling the applicant that "a court case is pending against you, so we won't take a decision until that is clear" or "you have a traffic offense which bans you from driving for 3 years, we will decide when that ban is lifted"
If they are just holding the application because they have doubts and unable to clear them within a reasonable time, it is inefficiency at their end. But we don't know what are the reasons for the delay unless told specifically. The reasons could be absurd such as, someone went on long-term leave and nobody wants to work on that file, your file has been lost and now slowly they are trying to collect relevant documents or your file is put aside because of some doubts and then they forgot to move it later.


Before a legal action, it might be a good idea to ask a copy of your file under the freedom of information act, which bounds the department to give you all documents, reports and even remarks on your application.

Can you tell me where did you get this information about 30-month duration?

Samfv
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Samfv » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:54 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:49 pm
I agree that there could be multiple reasons for applications being delayed. But since most the so-called investigations are about the past acts of the applicants, what is the harm in telling the applicant that "a court case is pending against you, so we won't take a decision until that is clear" or "you have a traffic offense which bans you from driving for 3 years, we will decide when that ban is lifted"
If they are just holding the application because they have doubts and unable to clear them within a reasonable time, it is inefficiency at their end. But we don't know what are the reasons for the delay unless told specifically. The reasons could be absurd such as, someone went on long-term leave and nobody wants to work on that file, your file has been lost and now slowly they are trying to collect relevant documents or your file is put aside because of some doubts and then they forgot to move it later.


Before a legal action, it might be a good idea to ask a copy of your file under the freedom of information act, which bounds the department to give you all documents, reports and even remarks on your application.

Can you tell me where did you get this information about 30-month duration?
That’s exactly what I was just going to ask?

hassaanhaque
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:03 pm
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by hassaanhaque » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:35 am

I applied in September 2016 and got approval in September 2018. My application was based on non eu stamp 4.

In early 2018 i got really frustrated with the delay and contacted a solicitor. The solicitor wrote to the Doj but got no response. I also contacted my local td who queried the status on my application almost 3 times and i think that helped my application to move along. Contacting your local td would be the best option. They will probably get the same response that you get but keep querying through the td every few months.

I hope that all of you get a decision on your application soon.

Syjem
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Syjem » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:05 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:49 pm
Before a legal action, it might be a good idea to ask a copy of your file under the freedom of information act, which bounds the department to give you all documents, reports and even remarks on your application.
Can you please let us know how can we ask for a copy of my file from the citizenship office.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Junior Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:10 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:08 pm

Syjem wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:05 pm
Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:49 pm
Before a legal action, it might be a good idea to ask a copy of your file under the freedom of information act, which bounds the department to give you all documents, reports and even remarks on your application.
Can you please let us know how can we ask for a copy of my file from the citizenship office.
http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Fre ... nformation

Syjem
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Syjem » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:39 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:08 pm
Syjem wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:05 pm
Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:49 pm
Before a legal action, it might be a good idea to ask a copy of your file under the freedom of information act, which bounds the department to give you all documents, reports and even remarks on your application.
Can you please let us know how can we ask for a copy of my file from the citizenship office.
http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Fre ... nformation
Many thanks for sharing this. Do you think that we should make the request through a solicitor or we can make it in person?

Paddy_Leprechaun
Junior Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:10 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:04 pm

Syjem wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:39 pm
Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:08 pm
Syjem wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:05 pm
Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:49 pm
Before a legal action, it might be a good idea to ask a copy of your file under the freedom of information act, which bounds the department to give you all documents, reports and even remarks on your application.
Can you please let us know how can we ask for a copy of my file from the citizenship office.
http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Fre ... nformation
Many thanks for sharing this. Do you think that we should make the request through a solicitor or we can make it in person?
Don't know to be honest. I am thinking of asking for the copy of my file, but it been a year since I applied. Doesn't seem to be very hard to fill up the given form and request a copy of the file under freedom of information act. If I asked for a copy of my file, I will be doing it myself.

Stress
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Stress » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:48 am

rockyguy wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:50 am
Hi Guys!

Anyone got approval who applied in mid of 2016? I am still waiting and not hoping for any approval for November ceremony. I am contacting some good barrister after new year in Dublin. According to procedures they have to make a decision in 30 months maximum. After that we should go for judicial review. I have a humble request for you guys who also waiting for a decision like me we should all take some legal action on the department. We should come forward and fight for our case collectively. I bet you this will work. Otherwise who knows we have to wait for more years may be. More people can buildup some pressure on them and it won't be counterproductive. Any advice from experts would be appreciated.




I am ready to go for judicial review with you

Thanks

Mal111
Member of Standing
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:44 am
Mood:
India

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Mal111 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:58 am

As fellow members and friends i say it’s a terrible idea
Consider if your application is in final stage you will further delay your application by asking them copy of file or go for judicial review because your adding more wok to your application
Just sit tight wait and have faith
You are not the only one waiting 1 or 2 years +.

Post Reply
cron