Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

markem
Newbie
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:15 pm
Mood:
New Zealand

Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by markem » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:26 pm

My wife and I have recently submitted applications and wondered how others have organised the additional documents? We figured that a well organised application would make it easier/quicker for a decision to me made, though obviously this is no guarantee!

To make it as easy as possible for them, we:
  • Edited the PDF and printed it rather than writing on it so it was easily legible. Obviously we signed it by hand, but everything else was typed.
  • Put everything into a hard cover folder with clear pockets
  • Made a title page with key personal details on it
  • Made an index page at the front that listed every document being provided (including all the address proofs)
  • Made a cover page for each pocket with the title of the document (same wording as on Form 8.)
  • Made sure it was all in the same order as requested on Form 8.
  • Put sticky tape over the top of the pocket with passports in it (as they were prone to falling out if it was turned upside down)
  • Got rid of any extra material (e.g. the 10 pages of instructions at the start of the form)
  • Put a separator page between each year of address proof documents
Any other advice or ideas people have?

max307
Senior Member
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:58 am
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by max307 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:06 pm

Well the only thing I can add is that the case worker assigned to your application will be very lucky because won’t have to do much work other than double check all your documents.

Good Luck and hope you hear the good news soon! :lol:
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

bobu2kadu
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by bobu2kadu » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi there,

Organizing your application is quietly frankly a fruitless exercise. The instructions are clear, in terms of the documents required , it would suffice to just order the documents precisely as per the checklist. A well organized application is no guarantee for a quick approval, especially with the threat of a no deal brexit looming large, processing timelines are bound to get slow.

Remember : Excessive organization is also confusing for some people, would irritate them and delay your application.

Regards
Bobu

Iggy4
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:06 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by Iggy4 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:12 pm

I sent all my documents completely unsorted and all over the place and got reply within 24 hours that my application went to the 2nd stage.Application is based on EU citizenship and it was sent beginning of Jul 2018. Honestly even I was surprised to get an answer in a day.

thegoodaulleo
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:56 am
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by thegoodaulleo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:13 am

I just paid a Solicitor to organise everything to the best he could.

Iggy4
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:06 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by Iggy4 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:20 am

I heard if you apply via solicitor applications tend to last longer then a normal one for INIS to make a decision. You can find some info on this forum. No idea why but who knows.

thegoodaulleo
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:56 am
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by thegoodaulleo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:45 pm

Iggy4 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:20 am
I heard if you apply via solicitor applications tend to last longer then a normal one for INIS to make a decision. You can find some info on this forum. No idea why but who knows.
Actually the only reason I applied through a solicitor is because, apparently, it's was quicker to get approved.

Iggy4
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:06 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by Iggy4 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:04 pm

THE INFORMATION BELOW SHOULD BE USEFUL/HELPFUL TO SOME OF OUR MEMBERS HERE ON THIS FORUM (PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL BUT SOMEONE'S CANDID OPINION BASED ON EXPERIENCE HANDLING APPLICATIONS FOR OVER FIFTY FAMILY, FRIENDS ETC.)

Simple time line that always work : (Following is for normal 5 years cases : Spouses of Irish subjects get it quicker than rest but not ALWAYS )

First letter / acknowledgement = 3 days to 2 weeks maximum . ( usually 1 week )

Second Stage Letter = 4 week to 8 weeks ( usually 6 weeks ) Will increase by a few days if they asked for anything .

Now is the stress stage : Approval letter

Look at date of your second stage letter ... Add 3 months 25 Days . ( Give or take 5 days ) You should have an approval letter . If not you been naughty somewhere .

in the waiting time simply email them if you are not sure about how is your application progressing .

The above include

Garda checks = 4 weeks
Revenue / Benefit / Social checks = 1 to 2 days each ( usually 1 day )
Advance Stage 3 to 6 weeks ( usually 4 )
Minister office = 3 to 4 weeks ( usually 3 )

Does Benefits/ Social of any kind delays you application ===== No
Do they give approval while you are on benefits / social welfare or were in last 3 years ===== Yes

Traffic and other offences delays = Not at all if you have not gone to court .

Court appeared and cleared or found guilty or you went guilty yourself or what ever the case : Delay 3 to 6 months in approval on top of normal time above . ( This applies even if cases was strck off or you were fined and paid it )

Not paid fines / unknown fines etc = Can be deferred for 1 year by minister ( Reapply after 1 year ) 50% of cases .

Away for more than 6 weeks = No problem as far as you declare with a valid reason .

What to avoid : Solicitors esp XYZ , XXXXX etc Department delays the cases as they believe you have something serious to hide / fight for . Otherwise why will you use a solicitor for a so simple application . This is what they think now so don't gun me down for that , take your own decisions . Nearly 20 cases who applied through solicitors are delayed for me from 1 month to 6 months .

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 58199
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:10 pm

Iggy4 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:04 pm
What to avoid : Solicitors esp XYZ , XXXXX etc Department delays the cases as they believe you have something serious to hide / fight for . Otherwise why will you use a solicitor for a so simple application . This is what they think now so don't gun me down for that , take your own decisions . Nearly 20 cases who applied through solicitors are delayed for me from 1 month to 6 months .
Kindly DO NOT name or post any details of solicitors on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

User avatar
gorgeous
Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:55 pm
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by gorgeous » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:25 pm

Iggy4 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:04 pm
THE INFORMATION BELOW SHOULD BE USEFUL/HELPFUL TO SOME OF OUR MEMBERS HERE ON THIS FORUM (PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL BUT SOMEONE'S CANDID OPINION BASED ON EXPERIENCE HANDLING APPLICATIONS FOR OVER FIFTY FAMILY, FRIENDS ETC.)

Simple time line that always work : (Following is for normal 5 years cases : Spouses of Irish subjects get it quicker than rest but not ALWAYS )

First letter / acknowledgement = 3 days to 2 weeks maximum . ( usually 1 week )

Second Stage Letter = 4 week to 8 weeks ( usually 6 weeks ) Will increase by a few days if they asked for anything .

Now is the stress stage : Approval letter

Look at date of your second stage letter ... Add 3 months 25 Days . ( Give or take 5 days ) You should have an approval letter . If not you been naughty somewhere .

in the waiting time simply email them if you are not sure about how is your application progressing .

The above include

Garda checks = 4 weeks
Revenue / Benefit / Social checks = 1 to 2 days each ( usually 1 day )
Advance Stage 3 to 6 weeks ( usually 4 )
Minister office = 3 to 4 weeks ( usually 3 )

Does Benefits/ Social of any kind delays you application ===== No
Do they give approval while you are on benefits / social welfare or were in last 3 years ===== Yes

Traffic and other offences delays = Not at all if you have not gone to court .

Court appeared and cleared or found guilty or you went guilty yourself or what ever the case : Delay 3 to 6 months in approval on top of normal time above . ( This applies even if cases was strck off or you were fined and paid it )

Not paid fines / unknown fines etc = Can be deferred for 1 year by minister ( Reapply after 1 year ) 50% of cases .

Away for more than 6 weeks = No problem as far as you declare with a valid reason .

What to avoid : Solicitors esp XYZ , XXXXX etc Department delays the cases as they believe you have something serious to hide / fight for . Otherwise why will you use a solicitor for a so simple application . This is what they think now so don't gun me down for that , take your own decisions . Nearly 20 cases who applied through solicitors are delayed for me from 1 month to 6 months .
I think it’s important to remember that if they don’t have a ceremony date they just won’t send any approvals. So it also can delay your application, even if everything’s correct. Delaying an application for more than 6 months doesn’t mean that someone’s been naughty...

markem
Newbie
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:15 pm
Mood:
New Zealand

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by markem » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:22 am

I've analysed posts on this site from 46 users in the 2017 and 2018 timeline posts. This gave me average timelines that are similar, but maybe a little longer than what you had. These timelines are for applications from Non-EU applicants with Stamp 4 residency. In my sample, I also checked EU applications, these were significantly shorter (around 30% shorter on each stage).
Iggy4 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:04 pm
First letter / acknowledgement = 3 days to 2 weeks maximum . ( usually 1 week )
I found an average of 24 calendar days from application - so 3 to 4 weeks.
Iggy4 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:04 pm
Second Stage Letter = 4 week to 8 weeks ( usually 6 weeks ) Will increase by a few days if they asked for anything.
I found an average of 150 calendar days from application, though some long examples in 2017 increased this. 2018 seems to be under 100 days (or 14 weeks)
Iggy4 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:04 pm
Now is the stress stage : Approval letter
Look at date of your second stage letter ... Add 3 months 25 Days . ( Give or take 5 days )
I found an average of 245 calendar days from application, or 97 days from 2nd letter - so yes, around 3-4 months.

Iggy4
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:06 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by Iggy4 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:29 am

Hi Markem, :wink: :o

Great analysis, regarding EU application my friend got approval within two months and he is from Germany, but I have also a polish friend and she waited almost 2 years and funny thing she works in Dublin as xxxxxxx. Only option is to be calm and to wait and hopefully everyone will be happy at the end of the line.

markem
Newbie
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:15 pm
Mood:
New Zealand

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by markem » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:26 am

Some more analysis on processing times, based on ~60 timeline posts to this site.

Horizontal axis is the date the application was sent in.
Left hand axis is days to acknowledge.
Right hand axis is days to 2nd letter and days to approval.

What I get from it is:
  • processing times were high for applications in the first half of 2017, but perhaps are decreasing - especially days to acknowledge (the easy part of the process!).
  • almost all acknowledgements are done under 25 days from application date, in 2018.
  • 2nd letters seem to be coming in under 200 days from application date, most likely EU/UK or spousal reasons.
  • almost all approvals come in under 400 days from application date.
Image

2pac4ever
Junior Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:14 pm
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by 2pac4ever » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:59 am

markem wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:26 am
Some more analysis on processing times, based on ~60 timeline posts to this site.

Horizontal axis is the date the application was sent in.
Left hand axis is days to acknowledge.
Right hand axis is days to 2nd letter and days to approval.

What I get from it is:
  • processing times were high for applications in the first half of 2017, but perhaps are decreasing - especially days to acknowledge (the easy part of the process!).
  • almost all acknowledgements are done under 25 days from application date, in 2018.
  • 2nd letters seem to be coming in under 200 days from application date, most likely EU/UK or spousal reasons.
  • almost all approvals come in under 400 days from application date.
Image
nice analysis @WaterWrit. I think there’s a catch with the meaning of the second letter. Most people think that it is the same as the second stage letter. In fact their wordings are quite different. My understanding is that the second letter is only sent if you’ve requested an update on your application after some time. Whereas the second stage is sent especially when they still have your old passports with them. In the second stage letter, it is clearly stated that your application has been initially assessed and has proceeded to the second stage of the processing. Other than that you’re pretty spot on.

Alixlboy
Member
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:12 pm
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by Alixlboy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:56 pm

markem wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:26 am
Some more analysis on processing times, based on ~60 timeline posts to this site.

Horizontal axis is the date the application was sent in.
Left hand axis is days to acknowledge.
Right hand axis is days to 2nd letter and days to approval.

What I get from it is:
  • processing times were high for applications in the first half of 2017, but perhaps are decreasing - especially days to acknowledge (the easy part of the process!).
  • almost all acknowledgements are done under 25 days from application date, in 2018.
  • 2nd letters seem to be coming in under 200 days from application date, most likely EU/UK or spousal reasons.
  • almost all approvals come in under 400 days from application date.
Image
You are a genius lol 😂

IggyB
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:45 pm
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by IggyB » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:44 pm

this statistics is amazing, always brings me to my MBA studies :), where have you been so far :D :) :P :wink:

bobu2kadu
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by bobu2kadu » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:39 am

someone should explain these stats to people who are waiting from 2016. Citizenship as a process is lopsided, biased, unpredictable & ludicrous. If you have ever invested in funds, you might have noticed this warning , "past returns are no guarantee for future values". I am sure if you do the same exercise one year down the line you will get a completely different perspective on things :).

Mal111
Member of Standing
Posts: 383
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:44 am
Mood:
India

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by Mal111 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:17 am

these stats of markem doesn't co ordinate with the actual results
note the actual position at 25/04/2018 below

all these applications were pending at 25/04/2018 these figures below are from inis

the year in which applications were received vs number of applicants
2014 and earlier 340
2015 330
2016 1700
2017 7330
2018 to date 2770

Total 12470

I didn't use chart but numbers are easy to read
link is below
http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PQ-25-04-2018-112

markem
Newbie
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:15 pm
Mood:
New Zealand

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by markem » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:21 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:17 am
these stats of markem doesn't co ordinate with the actual results
note the actual position at 25/04/2018 below...
What do you mean? I think that lines up pretty accurately. Looks like 2017 had a high number of applications, meaning that processing times were longer.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Posts: 383
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:44 am
Mood:
India

Re: Irish Citizenship application (Form 8) - How did you organise your application?

Post by Mal111 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:12 pm

I don't think you understood the table its not for how many people apply in those years its for how many application pending since those years
these were the people still waiting for approval

example
there are 340 people who applied in 2014 or earlier didn't received there approval up to 25/04/2018 meaning they are waiting for almost 4 years
there could be 8000 people who applied in 2014

Post Reply
cron