ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUFam stamp wanting to travel

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Grand
Newly Registered
Ireland

EUFam stamp wanting to travel

Post by Grand » Sun May 05, 2019 5:21 am

Hey guys quick question so my partner just received thier eufam stamp and we were thinking to go visit my family in the UK. Will my partner need anything to travel with to the uk or will the eu fam stamp be sufficient enough?

Thanks

together_2017
Mood:
Ireland

Re: EUFam stamp wanting to travel

Post by together_2017 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:20 am

If two of yous travelling together then no visa needed just EUFAM and passport that's it.

Grand
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Grand » Sun May 05, 2019 12:19 pm

Hi there

I was told that we would need an eea permit to travel through dublin to the uk?
Is that not neccessary?

Thank you

Grand
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Grand » Sun May 05, 2019 12:20 pm

together_2017 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:20 am
If two of yous travelling together then no visa needed just EUFAM and passport that's it.
Hi there

I was told that we would need an eea permit to travel through dublin to the uk?
Is that not neccessary?

Thank you

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun May 05, 2019 1:40 pm

EEA Permit is like a Visa on your page. It gives airlines and immigration officer an idea that you have been pre-cleared.

It is not mandatory as long as you bring the marriage certificates etc (and certified translations if it's not in English) with you, and you specifically mention that you wish to exercise your EU Free Movement.

Grand
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Grand » Sun May 05, 2019 1:42 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:40 pm
EEA Permit is like a Visa on your page. It gives airlines and immigration officer an idea that you have been pre-cleared.

It is not mandatory as long as you bring the marriage certificates etc (and certified translations if it's not in English) with you, and you specifically mention that you wish to exercise your EU Free Movement.
Hi there

We're not married we had a defacto partnership case.
So what would i need to take along with me in that case?

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun May 05, 2019 1:53 pm

Grand wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:42 pm
littlerr wrote:

Hi there

Thanks
Oh that is a piece of important information that you left out.

*In theory*, 4EUFAM alone should be sufficient. The EU directive says that for unmarried partners, "you must be able to prove you live together or that you are in a long-term relationship. However, most EU countries have not defined exactly how you can prove a long-term relationship or cohabitation."

This means, if you are able to show your stamp and proof of long-term relationship, it should be sufficient for you to travel together. However, there is a bigger chance that the airline or the immigration officer will refuse your travel because they are not satisfied with the proof you provided. An EEA Permit will in this case serve as a pre-clearance document to show that you have been vetted before going to UK.

An EEA permit is free and takes 2-3 weeks. If you have time, apply for it.

Grand
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Grand » Sun May 05, 2019 1:57 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:53 pm
Grand wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:42 pm
littlerr wrote:

Hi there

Thanks
Oh that is a piece of important information that you left out.

*In theory*, 4EUFAM alone should be sufficient. The EU directive says that for unmarried partners, "you must be able to prove you live together or that you are in a long-term relationship. However, most EU countries have not defined exactly how you can prove a long-term relationship or cohabitation."

This means, if you are able to show your stamp and proof of long-term relationship, it should be sufficient for you to travel together. However, there is a bigger chance that the airline or the immigration officer will refuse your travel because they are not satisfied with the proof you provided. An EEA Permit will in this case serve as a pre-clearance document to show that you have been vetted before going to UK.

An EEA permit is free and takes 2-3 weeks. If you have time, apply for it.

Hi there

That was my understanding too that perhaps they might just not be satisfied with the paperwork nd maybe the eea permit would be handy to have.

We've waited 4 years for the eu fam stamp 4 to come through. Pretty sure it wont harm us to wait a tad longer for the eea permit to be able to travel through the right means.

Thank you