Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

joeyf
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by joeyf » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:57 pm

Why would you have an agency file it in the first place, I found filling in the info and sending off was easy as pie

Sulla
Turkey

Post by Sulla » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:39 pm

Joey

I used an agency to gather up the certificates necessary from the UK and Ireland. Since I was in Asia, it was far easier than doing it myself or imposing on relatives. So there's that - the convenience factor.

Secondly, I think for many people there is a peace of mind element too. The agency is there to answer all the questions you may have about certificates, inconsistencies etc. Getting answers from the DFA is not easy after all. Many people want to ensure their application and document set are picture perfect before submission, so as to avoid delays. There is a really good US based agency, operating out of Chicago, that deals with Italian and Irish citizenship by descent applications. They claim a 100% success rate with FBR. I can see why some people find that appealing.

LesMalouinettes
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by LesMalouinettes » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:32 am

Sulla wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:39 pm
Joey
There is a really good US based agency, operating out of Chicago, that deals with Italian and Irish citizenship by descent applications. They claim a 100% success rate with FBR. I can see why some people find that appealing.
I certainly would, because as it stands, I'm 6.5 months in and don't know if my application was correct. I checked it several times against the criteria, but without any word from the DFA, I just have to hope that when they finally bother to look at it, it's been done correctly :(

Michael123
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:29 am

Attachments
DE7C91BE-F66C-4A97-91E8-9491374D4E19.jpeg
DE7C91BE-F66C-4A97-91E8-9491374D4E19.jpeg (422.51 KiB) Viewed 455 times

Jaxx22
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by Jaxx22 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:26 am

:lol: :lol: That is comical Micheal!
LesMalouinettes wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:32 am

I certainly would, because as it stands, I'm 6.5 months in and don't know if my application was correct. I checked it several times against the criteria, but without any word from the DFA, I just have to hope that when they finally bother to look at it, it's been done correctly :(
I agree, it is the not knowing, I am confident that I filled it all out correctly and I sent everything that they asked for on the application form and added in documents that were additionally listed on the embassy website, even though they weren't on the application form as required documents - logically there isn't anything else needed but who knows, from what I am reading logic doesn't always come into it and to ask months later really I don't think is acceptable.

I do still think there should be a way of tracking where your application is in the system, with technology today I think it is daft that there isn't a way to do this. Even if it sits on 'processing' for ages if you can see that documents have been received as an example it would give people some sense of confidence.

I am still waiting for a reply from the embassy confirming receipt and where it is.

mayorob
Newly Registered

Post by mayorob » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:08 am

On Friday it will be 1 month since getting the delivery email for me.

I'm already checking this forum most days and still such a long way to go! :lol:

Hol292
Newly Registered

Post by Hol292 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:21 am

I’m currently at 8 months since my documents were signed for at the London embassy.

Are we now thinking it’s about 12 months for the process? I’ve tried calling and no one can tell me anything.

Court2
Newly Registered

Post by Court2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:06 pm

Hol292 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:21 am
I’m currently at 8 months since my documents were signed for at the London embassy.

Are we now thinking it’s about 12 months for the process? I’ve tried calling and no one can tell me anything.
I'm at 7.5 months, applied start of September 2018 via London.

Not holding out any hope any longer, it will come when it comes.

Question for anyone that applied via London and received their certificate in the last 6 months: was your certificate and returned certificates sent back to you An Post recorded delivery? Or just standard postage?

spav01
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by spav01 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:48 pm

Sulla,

I did not see anything in the tracking system for quite a while because I did not look. When I did look in early March, which is when I expected to get the passport, I saw that it was listed as having been received February 18. But it was received at the New York Consulate in January, with verification from Fedex.
My estimated completion date was March 27. It was actually printed 4/4 and dispatched the following day.

Michael123
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:53 pm

What was the last FBR completion time for a USA applicant? The DFA told me 13 months. I will be at the 8th month this Sunday.

mattskilondon
Newly Registered

Post by mattskilondon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:11 pm

Court2 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:06 pm

Question for anyone that applied via London and received their certificate in the last 6 months: was your certificate and returned certificates sent back to you An Post recorded delivery? Or just standard postage?
Mine was sent to me via regular post, it wasn't recorded delivery (although the documentation said it would be). Also when I got my passport that was also just sent by regular delivery without a signature. Luckily I happened to be in each time.

Jaxx22
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by Jaxx22 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:16 am

I thought that there was an extra cost for the posting back and was under the impression that it was tracked somehow.

I still haven't heard anything from the embassy when I asked them to confirm receipt and if they have forwarded it on or still have it (worded a bit better than that) I am beginning to think that they are not going to reply!

brawn401

Post by brawn401 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:21 am

So my FBR application process has come to an end. Today I went to the post office to pick up the post I had missed yesterday while I was at work and it was indeed my FBR!

Mine was not laminated like Sulla’s was, but they did take one of my passport photos and it is semi-laminated onto the top left corner of the certificate.

Also, very handily they enclosed a passport application form with the FBR which is good as I messed up the first one I got 🤦🏻‍♂️

My final timeline is as follows:

29th June 2018: Applied online
2nd July2018: Documents Received by London Embassy
9th November 2018 : confirmed over phone that application had been sent for approval
13th March 2019: E-mail from DFA confirming application approved and forwarded for FBR certificate printing
17th April 2019 : Certificate arrived in the post from Dublin (registered mail, signed for)

So overall that is 8 months and about 2ish weeks, or 289 days.

Good luck to everyone else waiting for theirs. I’ll lurk on the forum still and will provide updates on passport application which I’ll probably send off next week as I need to get someone in our legal department at work to witness the application, and its Easter hols in the UK right now

Éirinn go Brách!

LesMalouinettes
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by LesMalouinettes » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:17 am

brawn401 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:21 am
So my FBR application process has come to an end. Today I went to the post office to pick up the post I had missed yesterday while I was at work and it was indeed my FBR!
Congrats! Must feel so good to finally have it.

spiderplants

Post by spiderplants » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:07 am

Great news brawn. At least we have something to benchmark applications against now. What a relief!

spiderplants

Post by spiderplants » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:09 am

brawn401 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:21 am

Mine was not laminated like Sulla’s was, but they did take one of my passport photos and it is semi-laminated onto the top left corner of the certificate.

Also, very handily they enclosed a passport application form with the FBR which is good as I messed up the first one I got 🤦🏻‍♂️

My final timeline is as follows:

29th June 2018: Applied online
2nd July2018: Documents Received by London Embassy
9th November 2018 : confirmed over phone that application had been sent for approval
13th March 2019: E-mail from DFA confirming application approved and forwarded for FBR certificate printing
17th April 2019 : Certificate arrived in the post from Dublin (registered mail, signed for)

So overall that is 8 months and about 2ish weeks, or 289 days.

Good luck to everyone else waiting for theirs. I’ll lurk on the forum still and will provide updates on passport application which I’ll probably send off next week as I need to get someone in our legal department at work to witness the application, and its Easter hols in the UK right now

Éirinn go Brách!
What date were you entered on to the register?

brawn401

Post by brawn401 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:50 am

Thanks all!

spiderplants the date on the certificate is the 13th March 2019

Hopefully this means that things are starting to speed up for everyone

upliam
United States of America

Post by upliam » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:40 pm

brawn401 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:50 am
Thanks all!

Hopefully this means that things are starting to speed up for everyone
Brawn, Congrats on your FBR! Good Luck with the Passport Application!

rdslight
Newly Registered

Post by rdslight » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:09 pm

Called again today as told would definitely be registered by mid April. The update was it would be another 6-7 weeks probably despite being in “the final stage”

Ho Hum.......

spiderplants

Post by spiderplants » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:58 pm

brawn401 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:50 am
spiderplants the date on the certificate is the 13th March 2019
Thanks brawn. So, 8.5 months ish from receipt in London. Will be great to see some more stories on here to give us more idea as to how things are progressing.