ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Post Reply
rduncan22
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:29 am

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by rduncan22 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:30 pm

MrsC70 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:13 pm
HPFA wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:09 pm
Wowee!!

Confirmation of address Email for my application for my daughter!

Can't remember the exact dates as didn't receive a receipt of documents but they were sent between Christmas and New Year 2020.

Daughter is now over 18 but I didn't receive a request to transfer to her Email as an earlier poster did so this part of the process seems quite random.

It does stress that this doesn't confirm the application will be successful but I haven't seen many posts on the forum about failure at this stage? It should be a straightforward application unless I made some stupid mistake but I rechecked it all many times!

Amazing to think just a few weeks ago the applications seemed stuck in February.
That's fabulous news...and if you see the post two above yours, they've jumped forward a whole year and are now on February 2021!!!!
I did send my docs shortly after the online application in Dec 20, so just wondering if they were recorded in Dec 20 but not officially stamped in until Feb 21? Either way, ending today on cloud 9! Been waiting for this email for nearly two years 😁 hope it continues to move quickly for everyone’s applications from 2021 onwards

Mr_Knight
Junior Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:55 pm
Mood:

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Mr_Knight » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:21 pm

I notice they are not doing the Team 1, Team 2 stuff anymore. And seem to be flying though with processing.

Kathyandemma
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:30 am
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Kathyandemma » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:24 pm

BillandSarah wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:34 pm
Thanks to all for their contributions to this forum. I've seen multiple posts noting the date an email had come in confirming the application had been received. I assume these e-mails came from the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).

Getting nervous as although I got an email from the postal service that the applications I submitted for my kids which I had mailed Dec 18, 2020 had been delivered Dec 30, 2020, I never got any email from the DFA itself acknowledging anything.
Did everyone receive an email from the DFA?
Thanks again to all.
Bill
Bill,
My docs arrived in Ireland 24-Dec-2020. The first and only email I received was today saying my application would be approved shortly and to confirm my address.

Valo
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:57 pm
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Valo » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:17 pm

Surely the processing time of 2 years has vastly come down now then? I mean if there is people from Feb 2021 reporting that they are hearing back then by this point it must have come down quite drastically?

Dalton_Trumbo
Member
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:11 pm
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:14 pm

Valo wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:17 pm
Surely the processing time of 2 years has vastly come down now then? I mean if there is people from Feb 2021 reporting that they are hearing back then by this point it must have come down quite drastically?
It seems to have. I was a Feb 2020 applicant, and when I got my cert it was just over 2 1/2 years. The fact that it's down to 2 years or less is impressive.
The FBR didn't officially reopen until Nov 2021, so I'm guessing there are many fewer applications during that "closed" time frame. Meaning that applications within that timeframe should hopefully go much quicker than normal.

Valo
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:57 pm
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Valo » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:17 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:14 pm
Valo wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:17 pm
Surely the processing time of 2 years has vastly come down now then? I mean if there is people from Feb 2021 reporting that they are hearing back then by this point it must have come down quite drastically?
It seems to have. I was a Feb 2020 applicant, and when I got my cert it was just over 2 1/2 years. The fact that it's down to 2 years or less is impressive.
The FBR didn't officially reopen until Nov 2021, so I'm guessing there are many fewer applications during that "closed" time frame. Meaning that applications within that timeframe should hopefully go much quicker than normal.
Works for me. I'm a January 2022 applicant. So hopefully they fly all the way down to November in quick succession.

JPrism
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by JPrism » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:22 am

Hello everyone,

Just checking but between what months did the FBR completely close between?
I know they reopened in Nov 2021 but I'm struggling to find on google when they closed for some reason lol

spencer0523
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:47 am
Canada

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by spencer0523 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:56 pm

I have received the certificate !

I dont know what I expected but somehow it is not what I received but I am grateful nonetheless!!! :D

Online application filed: 19 Feb 2020
Documents received in Dublin: July 2020 (date unspecified)
Address confirmation email: 11 Oct 2022
Congratulations email: 02 Nov 2022.
Certificate received: 22 Nov 2022.

Time to plan my trip!
spencer0523 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:22 pm
it is done.
i am irish..
i..........am so relieved.

Online application filed: 19 Feb 2020
Documents received in Dublin: July 2020 (date unspecified)
Address confirmation email: 11 Oct 2022
Congratulations email: 02 Nov 2022.

Passport time!

(on that, i havent found a list of documents needed, any pointers?)

spencer0523 wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:55 am
**UPDATE**

Finally!!!!!!! and way faster than I assumed given my documents accepted date. Details below:

Online application filed: 19 Feb 2020
Documents received in Dublin: July 2020 (date unspecified)
Address confirmation email: 11 Oct 2022

Its almost over......

Thanks for this forum, it kept me sane. Will update as I keep receiving emails.

Spencer :mrgreen:

TInFE
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:01 am

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by TInFE » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:40 pm

Application submitted online: 6/11/22
Email acknowledging receipt of documentation Balbriggan: 21/11/22
Confirmation of address:
Date added to FBR:
Congrats email:
FBR certificate received:

KMaxx
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:41 pm
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by KMaxx » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:00 pm

KMaxx wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:21 am
KMaxx wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:25 pm
I just joined the forum. Glad to join you all here.

Timeline for daughter's FBR is below and added to the google doc. I had successfully submitted my own FBR docs way back in 2003 - I think that took less than 6 months from papers mailed to certificate in hand. I am hoping she can get her cert by end of winter and we can then jointly submit our passport apps in the spring.

Application submitted online: 12 Oct 2020
Docs received mail: 2 Dec 2020
Request to confirm address:
Confirmation of entry to FBR:
Certificate received:
Application submitted online: 12 Oct 2020
Docs received mail: 2 Dec 2020
Request to confirm address: 4 Nov 2022
Confirmation of entry to FBR:
Certificate received:

Interesting wrinkle was message that D turned 18 since application and fbr requested her own contact info, all communication must now be between her and fbr office without my direct involvement.
Application submitted online: 12 Oct 2020
Docs received mail: 2 Dec 2020
Request to confirm address: 4 Nov 2022
Confirmation of entry to FBR: 22 Nov 2022
Certificate received:

rgaines3
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:17 am
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by rgaines3 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:07 pm

GoingBackBackToEire wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:47 pm
HPFA wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:09 pm
It does stress that this doesn't confirm the application will be successful but I haven't seen many posts on the forum about failure at this stage? It should be a straightforward application unless I made some stupid mistake but I rechecked it all many times!
Yes, that's interesting. I've been following this thread fairly closely for more than a year and haven't heard of many (any?) applications getting outright rejected, have we?
I've wondered the same thing. In the spreadsheet, I feel like folks are less likely to come back and enter their information if rejected, so it's hard to tell. My case is kinda of borderline, so I'm eager to know if folks' applications are being rejected

GoingBackBackToEire
Junior Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:26 pm
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:59 pm

rgaines3 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:07 pm
I've wondered the same thing. In the spreadsheet, I feel like folks are less likely to come back and enter their information if rejected, so it's hard to tell.
There are lots of old blanks on the spreadsheet.
A few months back, I made an effort to fill in as many as I could. For each old entry with blanks, I searched this forum for that user's posts. Maybe they posted an update and didn't update the spreadsheet. I got a lot that way. Sometimes they posted in the Passport Timelines thread with their FBR dates.
There are a number of "one post wonders" who have only one post, made the day they registered, with some FBR dates for the sheet.
I've considered messaging them and asking for an update, but that feels intrusive and probably wouldn't get many responses.

There are also a bunch of entries with no usernames. That is, what they put in the "User Name" column on the sheet isn't a registered name on the board. Probably lurkers who never registered on the site.

For the last year or so I've been checking in on this thread regularly and updating the spreadsheet with any new info. That'll probably come to an end soon once I get my Irish Passport next month some time.

xRGHx
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:32 am
Canada

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by xRGHx » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:14 am

thanks for doing all that work, @GoingBackBackToEire...the spreadsheet's been such an incredible resource

MrsC70
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:16 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by MrsC70 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:46 pm

GoingBackBackToEire wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:59 pm
rgaines3 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:07 pm
I've wondered the same thing. In the spreadsheet, I feel like folks are less likely to come back and enter their information if rejected, so it's hard to tell.
There are lots of old blanks on the spreadsheet.
A few months back, I made an effort to fill in as many as I could. For each old entry with blanks, I searched this forum for that user's posts. Maybe they posted an update and didn't update the spreadsheet. I got a lot that way. Sometimes they posted in the Passport Timelines thread with their FBR dates.
There are a number of "one post wonders" who have only one post, made the day they registered, with some FBR dates for the sheet.
I've considered messaging them and asking for an update, but that feels intrusive and probably wouldn't get many responses.

There are also a bunch of entries with no usernames. That is, what they put in the "User Name" column on the sheet isn't a registered name on the board. Probably lurkers who never registered on the site.

For the last year or so I've been checking in on this thread regularly and updating the spreadsheet with any new info. That'll probably come to an end soon once I get my Irish Passport next month some time.
WOW @GoingBackBackToEire, your commitment to the cause is admirable. Thank you. :D

monterey21
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:49 pm
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by monterey21 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:16 pm

GoingBackBackToEire wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:59 pm
rgaines3 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:07 pm
I've wondered the same thing. In the spreadsheet, I feel like folks are less likely to come back and enter their information if rejected, so it's hard to tell.
There are lots of old blanks on the spreadsheet.
A few months back, I made an effort to fill in as many as I could. For each old entry with blanks, I searched this forum for that user's posts. Maybe they posted an update and didn't update the spreadsheet. I got a lot that way. Sometimes they posted in the Passport Timelines thread with their FBR dates.
There are a number of "one post wonders" who have only one post, made the day they registered, with some FBR dates for the sheet.
I've considered messaging them and asking for an update, but that feels intrusive and probably wouldn't get many responses.

There are also a bunch of entries with no usernames. That is, what they put in the "User Name" column on the sheet isn't a registered name on the board. Probably lurkers who never registered on the site.

For the last year or so I've been checking in on this thread regularly and updating the spreadsheet with any new info. That'll probably come to an end soon once I get my Irish Passport next month some time.
Thank you for all your effort!!!

Dalton_Trumbo
Member
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:11 pm
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:41 pm

JPrism wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:22 am
Hello everyone,

Just checking but between what months did the FBR completely close between?
I know they reopened in Nov 2021 but I'm struggling to find on google when they closed for some reason lol
I can't give you the exact dates, but approximately they closed around March/early April 2020. They reopened in I want to say Sept/Oct of 2020 for a few months. They then closed again over Christmas 2020. This was supposed to be a temporary closure, but it wound up lasting until they finally reopened in Nov 2021.

AlexBrecks
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:29 pm
Australia

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by AlexBrecks » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:20 am

Update on timing & request for extra documents

I submitted my application in Feb 2021. I have now received an email from the team processing my application saying I did not submit the right birth certificate for my grandparent. I sent the short version, apparently, and they needed the long version.

If anybody has been in a similar situation with a request for additional documents, can I ask:

- Once I sent the proper document, am I still at the front of the queue for processing? Or does this push me back to the bottom of the pile again?
- Has anybody had experience recently with how long from submitting an extra document to getting on the FBR?

Valo
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:57 pm
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Valo » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:25 am

AlexBrecks wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:20 am
Update on timing & request for extra documents

I submitted my application in Feb 2021. I have now received an email from the team processing my application saying I did not submit the right birth certificate for my grandparent. I sent the short version, apparently, and they needed the long version.

If anybody has been in a similar situation with a request for additional documents, can I ask:

- Once I sent the proper document, am I still at the front of the queue for processing? Or does this push me back to the bottom of the pile again?
- Has anybody had experience recently with how long from submitting an extra document to getting on the FBR?
Wow! Feb 2021!

No. It shouldn’t put you to the back of the pile. From what I’ve seen anyway

JackESC
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:03 am

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by JackESC » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:38 pm

I am in a Facebook group of people who are applying through the FBR and I just saw an application approved from April 2021!!! Can't quite believe it.. still a long wait for me probably as I am a Sept 22 applicant - but very encouraging :D

Tourin31
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:56 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Tourin31 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:57 pm

JackESC wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:38 pm
I am in a Facebook group of people who are applying through the FBR and I just saw an application approved from April 2021!!! Can't quite believe it.. still a long wait for me probably as I am a Sept 22 applicant - but very encouraging :D
Oh wow! Yes I just joined that group and I can see a few March 2021 address checks. My docs were sent to Balbriggan in June 2021, a few weeks I was hopeful for a Jan 2023 approval but now I am wondering if it could be as early as December! :shock:

FrozenTundra
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:40 pm
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by FrozenTundra » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:05 pm

Wow! I submitted my son's online application in February 2021 with documents received in April 2021 (according to the United States Postal Service tracking, never got any confirmation of document receipt from the Irish authorities). I'll keep an eye on my email; it would be awesome to get approval confirmation soon.

My son was born in January 2021 and I just assumed he wouldn't have an Irish passport until he was nearly 3. It seems like instead he'll have a passport a bit after he turns 2. That's amazing.

My wife was born in the US to an Irish citizen father who moved to the US in his twenties. My wife has lived in both the US and Ireland and has always had a valid and active Irish passport, even as a child. She has family in Ireland and (pre-COVID) would visit often. She truly feels Irish and getting our son an Irish passport means more to her than me. We're not even sure if he'll even ever truly take advantage of the citizenship, but we want him to have a strong connection to the Irish people and Ireland. This helps with that.

SaltyW123
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:32 pm

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by SaltyW123 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:35 pm

Good news friends!

I applied 27-Mar-2021
Docs received 16-Apr-2021

Address checked today (25-Nov-2022) with "Your application for entry into the Foreign Births Register will be approved shortly"

Might even get it before the 2-year timeframe.
Things definitely seem to be speeding up!

Apple10
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:18 am

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Apple10 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:44 pm

JackESC wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:38 pm
I am in a Facebook group of people who are applying through the FBR and I just saw an application approved from April 2021!!! Can't quite believe it.. still a long wait for me probably as I am a Sept 22 applicant - but very encouraging :D
2

What is the group name? I want to see these wondrous sights!!! :D

Apple10
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:18 am

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Apple10 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:45 pm

SaltyW123 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:35 pm
Good news friends!

I applied 27-Mar-2021
Docs received 16-Apr-2021

Address checked today (25-Nov-2022) with "Your application for entry into the Foreign Births Register will be approved shortly"

Might even get it before the 2-year timeframe.
Things definitely seem to be speeding up!
Wow!!! Congratulations!!!

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 83065
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:03 pm

Apple10 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:44 pm
JackESC wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:38 pm
I am in a Facebook group of people who are applying through the FBR and I just saw an application approved from April 2021!!! Can't quite believe it.. still a long wait for me probably as I am a Sept 22 applicant - but very encouraging :D
2

What is the group name? I want to see these wondrous sights!!! :D
Members are not permitted to post details of social media groups on the forum. Please do not ask for this information, it will be removed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Post Reply
cron