ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Freedom of information application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DublinGirl

Freedom of information application

Post by DublinGirl » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:25 am

Dear, Members its been over 2 years my Son's citizenship application is in process no response from them now i have decided to go further on this matter step by step can somebody tells me what is the procedure to get information on application like what work has been done on the application is this called freedom of information application if so how do i request this from citizenship dept is there a application form for it OR i just write simple letter and request all that information? I want to know if they have even touched the citizenship application or not since submission. Thanks 😊

Ellenita
Newly Registered
Columbia

Re: Freedom of information application

Post by Ellenita » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:54 pm

Hi,
There is a FOI (freedom of information form) you can download from the Inis Web, you only need to fill out the form and submit it to the address provided in the form.
You will receive an initial letter or email and after 3-4 weeks you might receive copy of all records on your file.

DublinGirl

Post by DublinGirl » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:38 am

Hi, Thank you for information.

Moh25ah
Ireland

Post by Moh25ah » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:09 pm

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of times that you can request the FOI?
Can you request FOI every year?
&
Does the FOI delay the Citizenship application? or has no effect at all on the process?

amolbawate
Ireland

Post by amolbawate » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:15 pm

I have applied for FOI on 20th Sept requesting information on my citizenship application. Got acknowledgement letter after 2 days and it had following para.

Our colleagues who process the citizenship/naturalisation applications have informed us
that these restrictions together with the increased volume of correspondence they receive in
relation to these applications has had a significant impact on the time line for processing a
standard application, which is now in excess of 12 months. Citizenship Division are not in a
position to respond to any query in relation to any invitation to citizenship ceremonies
(currently suspended due to the pandemic) and their advice is to continue to check the
website for further announcements and updates at
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/citizen ... ship-news/

It's already 3 weeks since I have requested for FOI, will keep updated once I received anything in coming weeks.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:42 pm

Moh25ah wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:09 pm
Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of times that you can request the FOI?
Can you request FOI every year?
&
Does the FOI delay the Citizenship application? or has no effect at all on the process?
FOI and citizenship are two separate things. They don’t affect each other.
It’s your right to request for a copy of FOI at any time. The public entity also has the right to refuse your request if you deliberately request for identical information within a short period.