ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character-> Stamp 5-> Naturalisation process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

v emmy

Good character-> Stamp 5-> Naturalisation process

Post by v emmy » Mon May 24, 2010 3:37 pm

"AS WCATT Stamp is only granted when the Minister is satisfied that you are a person of good character."
(Copied from "http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... dorsements" page) (Is "AS WCATT"?? a typo?)

Does this mean that the "good character box" would automatically be ticked once they get to that stage in processing citz app? Or do we still have to go through the fingerprinting FBI clearance (I am US citizen) process?

Do any US citizens on here have actual experience with that combination?

I'd dearly love to skip that FBI bit as I understand it is a hugely slow turn-around on the FBI's side, and down here in the Sunny Southeast, catching up with the officially qualified fingerprinter person is also quite a challenge.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: Good character-> Stamp 5-> Naturalisation process

Post by mktsoi » Tue May 25, 2010 12:46 pm

v emmy wrote:"AS WCATT Stamp is only granted when the Minister is satisfied that you are a person of good character."
(Copied from "http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... dorsements" page) (Is "AS WCATT"?? a typo?)

Does this mean that the "good character box" would automatically be ticked once they get to that stage in processing citz app? Or do we still have to go through the fingerprinting FBI clearance (I am US citizen) process?

Do any US citizens on here have actual experience with that combination?

I'd dearly love to skip that FBI bit as I understand it is a hugely slow turn-around on the FBI's side, and down here in the Sunny Southeast, catching up with the officially qualified fingerprinter person is also quite a challenge.
if i were you, get it before they ask for it. some years ago. they would give LTR to people without police cert from outside ireland. now they asked everyone to submit police cert for their police. i was kinda lucky because i submitted all my police cert even before they asked for it in LTR. i lived in 4 other countries before i moved to ireland. the longest it took was the canadian one. it took RCMP about 4 months before i get it. i have heard FBI one would be even longer because after 911 they have a huge backlogs of people applying for FBI clearance.

i know people in this forum might say police certs are not required for citizenship and it doesnt say in the actual citizenship form. hey, it is your choice. if it doesnt cause too much, why not. yes i understand doing the fingerprint bit is pretty difficult plus the FBI card is very difficult to use for fingerprint as well. i have seem the card myself. INIS might not ask for it for now but who knows, the way it is going right now in ireland. INIS might even ask applicant's underpant color to make more difficult if they can hahaha

v emmy

Post by v emmy » Tue May 25, 2010 5:37 pm

I didn't phrase my question well.

I have already obtained Stamp 5.

(Did not have to go through any hassles at all. Sent cover letter, current and expired passport, and I think that's all). Turned around in about 2 weeks. That was last October. Things may have changed since then.

Now, since I HAVE Stamp 5, I'm wondering if that serves to satisfy the good character aspect of the citizenship process as one must be of good character in order to obtain the Stamp 5.

It would be nice not to have to go through the time and hassle of the fingerprint/FBI/delay/delay. Has anyone actual experience in this regard?

But I agree with you, mktsoi, re: colour of underwear, etc... anything to slow it down and just see how many hoops they can make people jump through.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Tue May 25, 2010 6:01 pm

No, you don't need to get the FBI check. During the processing of an application for naturalization, the INIS requests a Garda report. This report will contain everything the Guards have on you, e.g. traffic violations, infractions, proceedings, etc yadda yadda yadda.

Being of 'good character' in Ireland really amounts to 'not being known to Gardai.'

v emmy

Post by v emmy » Wed May 26, 2010 12:22 am

Excellent. Thank you!