ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there anyway to fast track WCATT (Stamp 5) renewal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lulu2012
Newly Registered

Is there anyway to fast track WCATT (Stamp 5) renewal

Post by lulu2012 » Fri May 11, 2012 6:30 am

Hi,

I applied for renewing my Stamp 5 on my new passport and its over 5 weeks since I got the acknowledgement from INIS. I have to travel in 2 weeks time and just wondering if there is any way of fast tracking this process. I went down to talk to them yesterday but I only got a vague reply that it will be middle of june.

Also is the stamp on the old passport still valid. I had renewed my old passport a little earlier than the actual expiry.

Has anyone renewed recently and approx how much was the waiting time.

dania

Post by dania » Fri May 11, 2012 11:15 am

:cry:
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri May 11, 2012 7:10 pm

a friend of mine applied for WCATT in the middle of February, and only received his passport back this week. So it was nearly 3 months for him. His permission expired in the meantime, but that did not speed up the processing.
I think if you decide to request your passport back, your application will be considered withdrawn and you will have to apply again from the begining on your return.
'If your passport is returned to you prior to the completion of your application, your application will be deemed withdrawn, and a new application will have to be submitted to the Department'
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... dorsements

lulu2012
Newly Registered

Post by lulu2012 » Sat May 12, 2012 7:03 am

well the issue is how i will be able to return to the country without a valid visa.