ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Application - Involved in a traffic accident, Although no charges how to procced ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kartikey
Newly Registered
India

Naturalization Application - Involved in a traffic accident, Although no charges how to procced ?

Post by Kartikey » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:32 am

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of preparing my application for Naturalization and I came across this:
"The onus is on each Applicant to disclose in their application all appropriate information and evidence to help demonstrate that he or she satisfies the conditions for a Certificate of Naturalisation including character."

I was involved in a traffic collision incident 2 years back. Although I was told that there were no charges/penalty points/warnings against me. I am thinking do I need to put this incident in a letter and attach it with the application? Or I don't do the above because there were no violations against me.

Please advise, Thanks

StarKing
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Naturalization Application - Involved in a traffic accident, Although no charges how to procced ?

Post by StarKing » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:47 am

Hi, there is a tread about this topic already, perhaps you can find what you are looking for there. :wink:

ireland/citizenship-application-traffic ... 14960.html

Kartikey
Newly Registered
India

Re: Naturalization Application - Involved in a traffic accident, Although no charges how to procced ?

Post by Kartikey » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:41 am

StarKing wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:47 am
Hi, there is a tread about this topic already, perhaps you can find what you are looking for there. :wink:

ireland/citizenship-application-traffic ... 14960.html
Thanks a lot for pointing this to me. I read through it and found my case to be a little bit different as I haven't received any penalty points/convictions or fines against it. But the GARDA was called at the incident and they took details and statements and they rang me 20 days after that I was OK and there was nothing against me. I am wondering do I need to disclose this incident even though it was OK. If yes, what should I do. I mean I don't owe an apology. I am a bit confused and would really appreciate some advice or maybe some similar experience from the members. Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:09 am

Traffic collisions are usually civil matters, as long as you haven’t broken the law. The fact that no charges were brought against you means it’s completely a civil matter.

I wouldn’t mind it either way. I had a collision before I applied for naturalisation and it was the other driver’s fault. I called the guards and provided some statements. I did not think for a second that I needed to disclose it.

If you do want to disclose it, just mention that you had a traffic collision and guards were called, and they confirmed that no laws were broken and no charges were brought.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:16 am

If Gardai were involved, then explain what happened on a separate sheet and include it in your application.
Better safe than sorry.