ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PPSN for my wife coming from Italy

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amagnosi
Newly Registered
Italy

PPSN for my wife coming from Italy

Post by amagnosi » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:20 pm

Hi all,
I'm from Italy but I've been working in Dublin for almost year. I want to buy a house in Dublin and live here with my wife, that is ready to follow me here. She is pregnant right now, and without a job, hence she doesn't have a PPSN yet. I need one for the following reasons:
- I have to register the marriage for Revenue PAYE (Ex P45/P60)
- I have to apply for a mortgage and my bank is forcing me to apply for a joint one instead of a sole one

Does anyone know any method that could allow me to get a PPSN for her?

Thanks in advance.

Alessandro

Daisies
Ireland

Re: PPSN for my wife coming from Italy

Post by Daisies » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:19 pm

As far as I know she has to apply in person herself. She can use your above stated reasons but she needs to attend the appointment herself

amagnosi
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by amagnosi » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:42 pm

Hi Daisies,
she is with me, so she can apply for herself, but are those reasons enough to ask for a PPSN?

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Regards,

Alex

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:24 am

As long as your wife is living here legally and not on a temporary visitor basis, she is eligible to apply for a PPSN.

I'm curious as to why the bank asks you to apply for the mortgage as a joint one. I have a mortgage myself, and I contacted 2 banks beforehand. Neither of the banks asked me to do this. Surely if your wife does not have a job at the moment, what's the benefit for the bank of having her name on the mortgage?

amagnosi
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by amagnosi » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:00 am

Hi Littlerr,
I would like to know myself, I thought they considered that giving a mortgage to 2 people is a minor risk, but I'm really not sure of it. But I found more ridiculous that they said to me to notify the marriage immediately and that I cannot register it without a PPSN for my wife.

Thank you very much for the replies, anyway. If I will receive the mortgage approval soon I will be able to buy the house I wanted! :D