ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of residence advice needed

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chefmac
Newly Registered

Proof of residence advice needed

Post by chefmac » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:59 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my 3 proofs of residence for the last 5 years together, and all is looking pretty good except for the first year, as during this time I had no utilities in my name, I used paperless bills for my mobile provider at that time (Meteor) who no longer exist so I can't download any, and I don't seem to have kept much of a record of anything else. So I have a couple of questions .. sorry if they have been repeated a million times, I tried searching the forum but still unsure!

1) - I have asked my landlord (an auctioneer) to write a letter on headed paper stating I was resident at that address for that year. Would that count as one proof? Logically it seems it would be fine, but I notice on the form it says it must show "date of issue" so I wondered do they only accept papers that were *issued* that year, or would it be ok as long as he writes the dates concerned?

2) - when I print off my old AIB bank statements it shows my address at the time, but for the date at the top of the page just says "forwarded" - is this ok? Obviously you can see from all the dates of the transactions what year it is, but again I don't want to mess up because of a small detail.

3) - I am missing P60's for the first 2 years and I don't think my old employer will give me more copies. I saw someone mention on here that P21's can be used instead but I wanted to double-check this as it states P60 on the application. If so, would it be ok to use a P21 from 2015 for both proof of residence and as a substitute for my P60 of that year? Would I have to include 2 copies in that case?

Any advice would be appreciated!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Proof of residence advice needed

Post by littlerr » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:43 am

1. It’s fine
2. It’s fine
3. It is required by law that the employer should give a copy of P60 to employees. They must not say no under any circumstances. P21 should be fine but there’s a chance that INIS will still ask you to submit P60.

chefmac
Newly Registered

Post by chefmac » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:28 am

Thanks very much

barter
BANNED
Mood:
India

Post by barter » Mon May 25, 2020 5:52 pm

chefmac wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:59 pm
Hi all,

I'm trying to get my 3 proofs of residence for the last 5 years together, and all is looking pretty good except for the first year, as during this time I had no utilities in my name, I used paperless bills for my mobile provider at that time (Meteor) who no longer exist so I can't download any, and I don't seem to have kept much of a record of anything else. So I have a couple of questions .. sorry if they have been repeated a million times, I tried searching the forum but still unsure!

1) - I have asked my landlord (an auctioneer) to write a letter on headed paper stating I was resident at that address for that year. Would that count as one proof? Logically it seems it would be fine, but I notice on the form it says it must show "date of issue" so I wondered do they only accept papers that were *issued* that year, or would it be ok as long as he writes the dates concerned?

2) - when I print off my old AIB bank statements it shows my address at the time, but for the date at the top of the page just says "forwarded" - is this ok? Obviously you can see from all the dates of the transactions what year it is, but again I don't want to mess up because of a small detail.

3) - I am missing P60's for the first 2 years and I don't think my old employer will give me more copies. I saw someone mention on here that P21's can be used instead but I wanted to double-check this as it states P60 on the application. If so, would it be ok to use a P21 from 2015 for both proof of residence and as a substitute for my P60 of that year? Would I have to include 2 copies in that case?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Regarding , point 2 : I'm AIB bank Statement , if there are 4 pages then last page of statement has issue date.