ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PROTEST AT GNIB

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GreenApple
Newly Registered

PROTEST AT GNIB

Post by GreenApple » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:00 pm

hi guys....

please let standup...if today they were target ...tomorrow we would tooo...we need to do protest...everyone...ned to standup

CloggieVodka
Newly Registered

Post by CloggieVodka » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:19 pm

how about protest march and picketing... from Dail to GNIB? make sure you wave the flag for your country, I'd say.

this situation is absolutely disgraceful, especially since Bertie Ahern has the audacity to be begging the US every St Patrick's Day for legalised status of illegal Irish immigrants!

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:21 pm

I'm willing to give it a try if people are willing to show up? The last time we tried before elections there was no consensus.

CloggieVodka
Newly Registered

Post by CloggieVodka » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:27 pm

Archigabe, count on me! pick a Friday afternoon... say next week?

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:44 pm

September 7th afteroon? Will people Show up?
Anyways, we need to reach a wider audience. Like Yankee girl and Scrudu's suggested, write your T.D, your E.U spouse's embassy,Irish Times,RTE news,Letters to the Editor on Metro Ireland,Jim O'Keefe, Spokesperson on Justice for Fine Gael. Jim's email address is jim.okeeffe@oireachtas.ie. His office number in Leinster House is 01-618 3196, Fine Gael Press Office on 01-618 3379, contact person is Sinéad Fennell - sinead.fennell@oireachtas.ie. He has done work on behalf of migrants in the past and is aware of many of the issues facing immigrants and visas with the DoJ.

Villea
Newly Registered

protest

Post by Villea » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:52 pm

Im ok for September 7th, anytime you make it im with you

GreenApple
Newly Registered

Post by GreenApple » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:15 pm

okk..that a good sign...but i want atleast 20-30 or more...i want to start protest in GNIB for an hour evening is sound good.but bear in mind we will do this everyweek to put presure...if ok for you guys??/ please let me know and if you guys can drop me your number so i can make sure everythink is going as its plan...let me know if anybody have question :))

mikeruurds
Newly Registered

Post by mikeruurds » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:35 pm

I can't believe that there are no posts about this topic on boards.ie

We should be able to get more willing protesters there.

tadpole
Newly Registered

Post by tadpole » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:20 am

Sorry, I am new to the forum and do not know the pre-history of this topic. What are you planning to protest about? And how exactly you are planning to do it?

Thanks.

CloggieVodka
Newly Registered

Post by CloggieVodka » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:00 am

Hi tadpole, I'll explain this in PM to you, so not to get off-topic.

In any case, we should also involve MRCI and other NGOs that are relevant? September 7th, afternoon, sounds good to me.

tadpole
Newly Registered

Post by tadpole » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:15 am

CloggieVodka wrote:Hi tadpole, I'll explain this in PM to you, so not to get off-topic.
Thanks, CloggieVodka, I understand the background now.
CloggieVodka wrote:In any case, we should also involve MRCI and other NGOs that are relevant? September 7th, afternoon, sounds good to me.
MRCI is already considering what to do about the issue. Here is what I received from a friend who works for them yesterday:
Yes we are aware of this situation, we also have many of these cases coming through the Drop In Centre (DIC) and at our case worker meeting yesterday [29/08/2007] we were discussing our plan of action. Currently the caseworkers are sending in appeals to the EU treaty rights section and at the same time we are keeping an eye out for a strong case that we can strategically refer to a solicitor to challenge. DIC is also liasing with the European Commission office here in Dublin and other offices on this matter. The problem is very serious for non-EU nationals who were undocumented at the time of getting married to an EU citizen, most of them are now receiving the letter to notify intention to deport.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:54 am

I've changed the status of this post to 'announcement'...Lets get down to the 'trenches'!

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:40 am

I'm sorry, but I'm away on holidays from Friday onwards so won't be able to make this demo. Best of luck to you all with it. A suggestion may be to send an announcemnt to the ICI and MRCI that this is happening so they can spread it to any new callers? You could put together a poster to hang up in their offices and send it on? I really feel that now this issue is finally being highlighted in the newspapers, that time is really of the essence in having this demo soon. News moves on so quickly, that you need to pounce on this as an opportunity to keep the momentum going.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:27 pm

GreenApple will you take the lead on contacting MRCI and immigrant council?

Sahil

Post by Sahil » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:39 pm

Regarding Protest - whenever, wherever please count me.

Regards,

Sahil

ves
Newly Registered

Post by ves » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:51 pm

hey guys
count on me(croatia) and my husband(spain)..and we ll try to bring as many eu friends as possible..

GreenApple
Newly Registered

Post by GreenApple » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:24 pm

hi guys..

thinks looking better now for protest :) i will go to local garda office and informed them that we will do protest..... will you please guys who didnot send me contact detail please send me so we can make sure thinks are going smooth ;)) WISH WE ALL THE BEST ;)))

Mr.Val
Newly Registered

Post by Mr.Val » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:25 pm

Hi guys!

Although I'm a newbe here on this forum, I have two other hot topics, which I would like to bring to your attention:

As all of you already know, the most recent issue with the non-EU spouses of the EU-nationals is not the only one issue we should fight for. Currently, there are 2 more critical issues which should be brought immidiately to the attention of the GNIB officers/Department of Justice and the local mass-media: processing times for the LTR and Citizenship.

Just 2.5 years ago processing time for the LTR was approximately 2 to 3 days, now it takes over 14 months and the queue is growing very quickly, so I wouldn't be surprised if soon it goes up to 2 to 3 years, leaving thousands of families after 5 years of residence in this country in additional long-waiting limbo, still without basic rights to work and reside freely, as it was initially promised by the local authorities. Similar story also with the processing time for the Citizenship: just about the same time ago it was approximately 12 months, now it stands at nearly 3 years. Why does it take so long to process LTR and Citizenship applications in this country, while in other ones the LTR status could be granted either on the spot or within a few days, and the citizenship just within 3 to 12 months. I find it absolutely unacceptable, so do many other foreigners in this country. I guess we should join our forces on September the 7th and bring, as many people as it is possible, who are affected by either of these three issues, showing to the GNIB officers and the local mass media that we're a strong politically active force, which cannot be neglected anymore and now is ready to fight for its rights in this country.

What do you think? :D :?:

GreenApple
Newly Registered

PROTEST AT GNIB

Post by GreenApple » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:31 pm

hi guys..

I know so many people ask me what will some people protest will change?? well my friends we are in power at the end and we need to use it in right way..it will..i promissbut need passion and peacefull action...to show we are human and we also have some rights...:))) soo please be inn :))

Mr.Val
Newly Registered

Post by Mr.Val » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:43 pm

Thanks GreenApple,

I would try to bring some people to the protest....

By the way, two more questions:

1) Approximate starting time for the September 7th protest?

2) Do we require any permit for conducting our protest or the local regulations would allow us to do so without it?

Mr.Val
Newly Registered

Post by Mr.Val » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:47 pm

Would you be able to bring some local media (newspapers, TV, etc) to the event?

Thanks in advance.

shahzadbk
Newly Registered

Good Point

Post by shahzadbk » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:20 pm

Thats Good idea.I have 5 to 6 friends who got same letters from DOJ.We all will be in front odf GNIB 12Pm on Friday.Is it right time.Pls let me know.
Thanks

GreenApple
Newly Registered

PROTEST AT GNIB

Post by GreenApple » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:32 pm

i will contact local grarda office tomorrow for protest..will post time and full detail of protest..maybe we will walk from GNIB..to dail and ask to meet bertie...will see how it will be the best output we can get ;)) will you please send us your contact detail just incase :)

shahzadbk
Newly Registered

Re: PROTEST AT GNIB

Post by shahzadbk » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:37 pm

Thanku Very much.I ma waiting for ur reply.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:36 pm

CloggieVodka wrote:Hi tadpole, I'll explain this in PM to you, so not to get off-topic.

In any case, we should also involve MRCI and other NGOs that are relevant? September 7th, afternoon, sounds good to me.
Please explain the topic publicly.

You can create a new topic and then post a link in this thread for reference.

1) If you want folks to be interested, put the information where they can read it instead of making them beg you for PM's.

2) As the Admin for the board, I also want to see what sort of protest event you are arranging. This board is legally liable if you are using this board to coordinate public actions.

I would very much appreciate a coherent description of the issues and planned actions, posted in public view. If it is too volatile for public view, that would suggest to me that use of this board to coordinate a protest may not be very 'interesting' for us.

Please make your case.

Thank you!

the Admin