ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RETURN TO IRELAND WITH NON EU WIFE ENTRY ISSUE

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Johnnyjacobb
Newly Registered
Ireland

RETURN TO IRELAND WITH NON EU WIFE ENTRY ISSUE

Post by Johnnyjacobb » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:42 pm

Hello all,

I am an Irish citizen. I recently married a non eu citizen. Given everything with covid she is unable to get a preclearance visa for ireland.

We wish to re enter Ireland asap. We have negative covid tests and have not been anywhere on the high risk list.

Our worry is that immigration will not allow her entry to Ireland. We were thinking that she get a short stay visa at the port of entry and apply for PR once out of quarantine in Ireland. Is this possible? Can the immigration officer decide entry or not?

With all the new restrictions has anybody been in this situation or dealt with this in the last few months.

Thanks all

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Re: RETURN TO IRELAND WITH NON EU WIFE ENTRY ISSUE

Post by raja.brit » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:51 pm

Johnnyjacobb
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Johnnyjacobb » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:00 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I saw that. That persons spouse already has a multi entry visa.

My spouse has no visa for ireland. Her country (Brazil) has temporary visas. It was my understanding that she could arrive at our port on entry and get a short term visa as we apply for PR together. But with covid i am unsure.

I am worried we will arrive at port of entry and she will be refused entey to Ireland.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:05 am

INIS has just introduced a new measure in March, that requires Brazilian nationals to apply for an entry visa prior to come to Ireland. Only Brazilian nationals who have an urgent reason to travel are allowed to apply for this visa.

So no, you'd better not try to jump on a plane without a visa, as it would most likely result in a refusal to land and she would be sent back right away. As a matter of fact, she will most likely not be allowed to board the plane as flight operators are asked to check passengers' visas before boarding. This has been reiterated to flight operators in light of the current COVID-19 situations.

irishlad
Newly Registered

Post by irishlad » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:06 am

I am in a similar position with my wife here in Brazil, from everything I have seen and read it will take to next January 2022 to get her to Ireland, we will be entering the UK from either Mexico or the USA early next month after spending the prerequisite 14 days outside of Brazil first (in Mexico) then it is a simple flight to Northern Ireland for us and an an open border after that.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:56 am

irishlad wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:06 am
I am in a similar position with my wife here in Brazil, from everything I have seen and read it will take to next January 2022 to get her to Ireland, we will be entering the UK from either Mexico or the USA early next month after spending the prerequisite 14 days outside of Brazil first (in Mexico) then it is a simple flight to Northern Ireland for us and an an open border after that.
I mean, it’s up to you what you want to do and risk, but just keep in mind that there will be loads, LOADS of police between Belfast airport and say Dublin City. For my weekly shopping from South Dublin to Dublin City Centre I would drive past at least 1-2 checkpoints. They have been there for the past while year, both with and without a national lockdown. I can’t see how you would be able to sneak over the border.

Having said that, I myself did have a trip in Xmas to Belfast by bus, bought a car and drove back to Dublin without being stopped by any police, but that was the only period when all lockdown restrictions were temporarily removed.

Malawimalawi
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Malawimalawi » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:01 pm

Firstly, congratulations on your recent nuptials.

In case it’s helpful to know, my spouse got her visa very, very recently and during the current restrictions etc.. She has been to Ireland several times in the past but had no current visa. We applied for her current visa through our embassy in the usual way. They did ask me to provide special justification for why she should be granted a visa. I was less than happy about having to give any special reason why a wife and a mother to Irish nationals should have to make a special case. Nonetheless, we did have a family related reason and I provided evidence of that. The visa was then issued and, credit where credit is due, it was issued quickly.

So it may be a good idea to give your embassy a call and explain your circumstances and why it is that you really need to return to Ireland. I would hope they will be helpful and get your wife a visa quickly enough. I would not take everything that is published on public websites as the ‘last word’ on things.

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:20 pm

Malawimalawi wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:01 pm
Nonetheless, we did have a family related reason and I provided evidence of that. The visa was then issued and, credit where credit is due, it was issued quickly.
Hi, could you elaborate the type of family-related reasons that may be of the same importance that did a trick in your case? We are also in the same situation of being unable to fly to Ireland because of my wife - a mother to an Irish citizen and a mother of an Irish citizen - cannot obtain a visa.

Malawimalawi
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Malawimalawi » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:25 am

A very close family member was hospitalized with a serious health condition.