ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spousal visa + irish child ...help

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

im alone
Newly Registered

spousal visa + irish child ...help

Post by im alone » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:48 pm

hi all

i'm irish woman married with an algerian 1 year ago
we aplied for the spousal visa , unfortuanetly the embassy in egypt refused it , we did an appeal and they refused it also
i was pregnant and i showed that
we showed everything for them
but the reason about the refuse was that we met 1 time before marriage
i met my husband twice
i can't go to algeria again because the baby and my job
now i have the baby and i need my husband so much
the baby also needs his dad
please give me some advices and what i have to do
hanks a lot

Mary

Blueice2412
Newly Registered

Re: spousal visa + irish child ...help

Post by Blueice2412 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am

im alone wrote:hi all

we aplied for the spousal visa , unfortuanetly the embassy in egypt refused it , we did an appeal and they refused it also
i met my husband twice
hanks a lot

Mary

Hi, since you met twice already, why not try to re-apply again for the visa. I have the same situation like yours. I'm currently pregnant at the moment and I only met my husband once before our marriage, now what we do is to meet again second time this december and apply for the spousal visa. It's hard when u are far away to your love one when u can be together already, just this immigration is so damn narrow minded that they don't understand that. Good luck to you.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:36 am

Why not apply for him to come on a tourist visa first, and then upon his return to Algeria, try again to apply for a Spousal Visa. The fact that you have never lived in his country (i'm intuiting here) and that he has not lived in Ireland would give them cause to doubt the integrity of the marriage. Meeting again for an extended period (tourist visa has a max of 90 days) could help a lot towards any future spousal visa application.

Best of luck

im alone
Newly Registered

Post by im alone » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:59 am

we are afraid really to do a new application and get a new refuse
because our first one
i dont know if the coming of the baby will help us or not
we can't apply for the tourist visa because we dont have enough money at the bank , they told me in the consulate if i dont have more than 3000 euro no matter to ask a visa ...
well its a very complicated situation really
Blueice2412 wrote:
im alone wrote:hi all

i met my husband twice
hanks a lot

Mary

Hi, since you met twice already, why not try to re-apply again for the visa. I have the same situation like yours. I'm currently pregnant at the moment and I only met my husband once before our marriage, now what we do is to meet again second time this december and apply for the spousal visa. It's hard when u are far away to your love one when u can be together already, just this immigration is so damn narrow minded that they don't understand that. Good luck to you.

im alone
Newly Registered

Post by im alone » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:03 pm

thanks
the touristic visa is so complicated than the spousal , and the question of money in the bank , and my husband need to show that he will come back to algeria , because he can't shwo that , we can't apply for a touristic visa
can i apply for the family reunification ?

scrudu wrote:Why not apply for him to come on a tourist visa first,
and then upon his return to Algeria, try again to apply for a Spousal Visa. The fact that you have never lived in his country (i'm intuiting here) and that he has not lived in Ireland would give them cause to doubt the integrity of the marriage. Meeting again for an extended period (tourist visa has a max of 90 days) could help a lot towards any future spousal visa application.

Best of luck

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:21 pm

family reunification is only for the people who were granted full refugee status and want to bring their family members. you do not fall into this category.

im alone
Newly Registered

Post by im alone » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:14 pm

thanks ag

i really i dont know what i have to do :s:s:s:s:s

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:14 pm

To be honest if you don't satisfy the grounds for the Tourist Visa it'll probably be even harder to satisfy the grounds for the Spousal Visa. In either case you need to be able to show you can support him financially and that he will not be a "burden on the state". You can be refused for this also.

Does he have no job/course/family ties/mortgage or anything that could show that he would return to Algeria?

im alone
Newly Registered

Post by im alone » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:16 pm

i can support him we got a refuse before and the reason was about the number of meting thats all
he works in algeria and he had loads of skills also
he works in a hotel and he can show his work certaficate
honestly i need him so much here especially with his son
we will try the spousal visa again i think , and we will see ...

scrudu wrote:To be honest if you don't satisfy the grounds for the Tourist Visa it'll probably be even harder to satisfy the grounds for the Spousal Visa. In either case you need to be able to show you can support him financially and that he will not be a "burden on the state". You can be refused for this also.

Does he have no job/course/family ties/mortgage or anything that could show that he would return to Algeria?

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:09 pm

I don't mean to dampen your spirits, but unless you have further information to add to your case, why do you think you'd be accepted this time considering the same application has been refused twice already? if they doubt your relationship (RH), then this is what you need to address before your next application. If you want to test their patience, I'd say they'll win in the end as they can refuse your application as many times as they want.

It would make sense to me to address the issue they've highlighted and have you two meet again to show your continuing commitment to the relationship. Either you visit him or he visit you. INIS have said before that a visit by the non-EU partner to Ireland is viewed favourably on a spousal application.

If your husband has a current job to return to, then get a letter from them saying that he will return there after the visit, and submit an application for a tourist visa. When he returns after the visit he can apply for a Spousal Visa again, and this extra information may change the outcome of the next application.

It's up to you, but I really think you need to focus on the issue they've outlined. The fact that you are alone here with your son makes no odds to INIS :(

im alone
Newly Registered

Post by im alone » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:05 pm

thanks scrudu

all what you said is true
unfortuanetly no matter to apply for a spousal visa
first i thought the comming of the baby will help
but after what you said i'm sure they will refuse if we have 10 babies not just 1
its so sad really :cry:

im alone
Newly Registered

???,

Post by im alone » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:46 pm

how much of money i shud put in the bank if we want to try a visit visa ?
can someone explain to me how can we grant this visa without any risk ?

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:55 pm

You should show that you have funds to cover the period of his stay. I don't think anyone can give you guidance on how much exactly as the DoJ don't offer such clear guidelines. I guess if you can show that you can cover the costs of accommodation/food for the period of his stay that should be enough.

As an Irish citizen you have pretty much no rights to be joined by your spouse under Irish law. Any grant of visa is given "at the discretion of the Minister". You can search other posts on this site to read more about other people who have been in a similar situation. Other European citizens have more rights as they are considered under European law which insists on the rights of EU citizens being allowed to have their non-EU spouse join them. Unless you have worked elsewhere in Europe and returned to Ireland, you can't be considered under this law though.

Best of luck with the tourist visa application. I'd suggest you search other posts on this site to find out tips on what to include.

im alone
Newly Registered

Post by im alone » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:13 pm

maybe i have to deal with a solicitor
i think they will just refuse in all status

Blueice2412
Newly Registered

Post by Blueice2412 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:53 am

[quote="im alone"]we are afraid really to do a new application and get a new refuse
because our first one
i dont know if the coming of the baby will help us or not
we can't apply for the tourist visa because we dont have enough money at the bank , they told me in the consulate if i dont have more than 3000 euro no matter to ask a visa ...
well its a very complicated situation really

Hi don't lose hope. It's not only you in the same situation. Just hang in there. As for me, I must admit my Irish husband has no job at the moment. He only got some money saved in the bank due to his redundancy that he got from his previous job. I will try to apply for Irish visa on February next year. And I asked my mother in law to sponsor me also and provide the necessary documents. It's very hard on my part too. I'm having a baby next year too and it's hard to be far away from husband. Tourist visa nowadays is very hard to obtain. Spousal visa is much way better since you are joining your spouse. And if your husband get the D-Visa, he will be able to work over there and no need to return to his country. Just keep your faith and pray a lot. Always remember no one is above God :) I have emailed spouse of irish national unit and also citizeninformation centre in ireland, and they told me to apply for the D-Visa instead. They did not say there co-petitioner like the other family member is not allowed. So we'll give it a try... Good luck!

ProudWhiteEuropean
BANNED

Post by ProudWhiteEuropean » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:11 am

How many family ties or work committments do you have Irealnd. If you have little or none you could go over to algeria or egypt and live with him there for a while. Then try and come back to Ireland ?